MPH 2021 Canada

15 hours ago, jill545 said:

Hi everyone! I've been accepted to Western MPH and UBC MPH and now I'm having a really tough time deciding on which program is right for me. Anyone have any insights or opinions on either program? Open to hearing others' perspectives on these programs

Congratulations that's great news :) both programs are strong and well reputed.

The final choice will depend on you, Where do u live now and which place will be easier for you to relocate?

The program is more expensive with Western, however the rest of life requirements (including rents) are much cheaper in London Ontario (Western) than Vancouver (UBC).

Also, would you consider the time factor as priority aspect for you, as with Western you will save a full year? 

I hope you reach the best decision for you ASAP, but rest assure you can't get wrong with either choice.

Hi folks! Would love to connect with some more U of T folks, whatever stream you're in! Shoot me a message - maybe we can get a group chat going or figure out some of the student account set-up things together (I'm confused haha) :)

34 minutes ago, Emerald15 said:

Anybody hear more from Queens?

I emailed and they told me I've been put on a waitlist. If you haven't gotten a rejection or acceptance by now it is likely you've been waitlisted as well. Those who were rejected or accepted already heard back, and they did not email people on waitlists which is odd. 

Just now, pklrik said:

I emailed and they told me I've been put on a waitlist. If you haven't gotten a rejection or acceptance by now it is likely you've been waitlisted as well. Those who were rejected or accepted already heard back, and they did not email people on waitlists which is odd. 

Btw there is 57 people who are on this waitlist they said. the rest of the applicants were accepted or rejected. 

5 minutes ago, pklrik said:

Btw there is 57 people who are on this waitlist they said. the rest of the applicants were accepted or rejected. 

Wow, there is a lot of people on the waitlist. I have not heard back as well so I guess I am on the waitlist.

Edited by LindaZhou

Hey! Congratulations to everyone who got accepted into the MPH program at respective universities ?

I am wondering if anyone got accepted from the McMaster waitlist?

If you got accepted without being waitlisted, when is the deadline to accept/decline your offer of admission? Thank you in advance☺️

Edited by Daisies

10 minutes ago, LindaZhou said:

Wow, there is a lot of people on the waitlist. I have not heard back as well so I guess I am on the waitlist.

Yeah there is. I wonder when they're gonna let people know about their ranking.

6 hours ago, Daisies said:

Hey! Congratulations to everyone who got accepted into the MPH program at respective universities ?

I am wondering if anyone got accepted from the McMaster waitlist?

If you got accepted without being waitlisted, when is the deadline to accept/decline your offer of admission? Thank you in advance☺️

I believe someone said earlier that all Mac offers have been accepted. I personally think it is highly unlikely at this point for people to get off the waitlist (unless those who accepted their offers, later decide to switch into another program).  But who knows, things may change between now and July.

17 hours ago, MPHepiHopeful2021 said:

I did get an email with a rough estimate of where I am on their waitlist.

Who did you email to find out?

3 minutes ago, MPHepiHopeful2021 said:

They actually reached out to me with the update. It was sent to me on Tuesday at 6am.

Oh weird - I've received no indication at all.

Hi everyone! For those who have been accepted to UBC MPH, I was wondering if anyone might be able to confirm, is the 12 week practicum during the summer between the first and second year of the program? Thank you!

Just got an email from Guelph saying they got 550 applications for 25 spots. Everyone who has been accepted was notified in April. Otherwise if you haven’t received a rejection your status may change up until July via web advisor. 

5 minutes ago, globalguRl said:

Just got an email from Guelph saying they got 550 applications for 25 spots. Everyone who has been accepted was notified in April. Otherwise if you haven’t received a rejection your status may change up until July via web advisor. 

What does that mean - there is a possibility of getting accepted up until July?