MPH 2021 Canada

17 hours ago, RedPanda26 said:

No worries! My undergrad was in geography (geomatics) with a 84% cumulative average or a 3.7. I did a fourth year honours thesis focused on GIS and health, worked as a research assistant and TA in some classes, participated in some extracurriculars mostly food banks or student ambassador related stuff, and did five co ops in government organizations. It's a smaller program and the application is still open until August 1st I believe so there's no harm in applying! 

Wow you have amazing stats??
Yes I’m thinking of applying too but my gpa is on the lower side(3.44)

Did you apply as an international applicant?

8 hours ago, Confusedfrog said:

Looks like a lot of programs are making group chats! Would anyone want to do one for McMaster ? 

I’ve spoken to one other incoming student and would love to meet more!

which program? I have applied to MSc HRM but haven't heard back.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:23 AM, SunnyMPH said:

I still haven't heard back from Queens. Has anyone heard back from Lakehead?

Have you heard anything back from Lakehead yet? I'm still under review.

11 hours ago, Confusedfrog said:

Looks like a lot of programs are making group chats! Would anyone want to do one for McMaster ? 

I’ve spoken to one other incoming student and would love to meet more!

For McMaster MPH? I would love to connect!

2 hours ago, SunnyMPH said:

No, I haven't heard anything yet.

Me neither. I am still waiting on Lakehead. Has anyone heard from Lakehead yet?

19 hours ago, khfish9726 said:

Would anyone who is attending Guelph in the fall be interested in starting a group chat or connecting? 

Hey, I'm attending Guelph and would also like to connect. Has a facebook group been formed? So excited to start 

Hey, I have a BSc from Uoft, graduated in 2018. Last two years had an 86% average. I have experience working as a clinical research assistant at a downtown hospital for the last two years. Currently working on two covid-19 clinical trials and part time at a global health company. Mainly in the letter of intent I highlighted my passion for global health! Also got into Western but declined the offer

1 minute ago, KR95 said:

Hey, I have a BSc from Uoft, graduated in 2018. Last two years had an 86% average. I have experience working as a clinical research assistant at a downtown hospital for the last two years. Currently working on two covid-19 clinical trials and part time at a global health company. Mainly in the letter of intent I highlighted my passion for global health! Also got into Western but declined the offer

Congrats, you have great stats/experiences!!! Did you also have a high cGPA? Also, did you apply to other schools as well? 

Just now, Excel725 said:

Congrats, you have great stats/experiences!!! Did you also have a high cGPA? Also, did you apply to other schools as well? 

Thank you! my cGPA is not relatively impressive, 3.45/4. I also applied to UofT's biotech program and Global health MSc at McMaster (approval still pending). First year applying to any masters program so I'm super happy to have gotten in, especially to a smaller program which will be a nice change from UofT undergrad!