MPH 2021 Canada

Just now, Natasha7 said:

isn’t waterloo’s MPH online?

yes but some of us prefer to be in person. august foundational course is in person. i can meet profs and do office hours in person. collaborate with students in person and all that. 

we have a lot of working and volunteering opportunities here which i would not get back home so i will be staying in waterloo! :)

to also enjoy the student life. 

2 minutes ago, Natasha7 said:

isn’t waterloo’s MPH online?

Just now, minniexo_ said:

yes but some of us prefer to be in person. august foundational course is in person. i can meet profs and do office hours in person. collaborate with students in person and all that. 

we have a lot of working and volunteering opportunities here which i would not get back home so i will be staying in waterloo! :)

to also enjoy the student life. 

also some of our classes are blended so meaning u do have option to go in person!

4 hours ago, 2skool4kool said:
On 4/20/2021 at 6:56 PM, Dips said:

I just accepted Western! I also have not heard back from UofT Health Promo. If anyone else is attending Western in the fall, would love to connect! :) Western ppl, where do you plan to live since living on campus won't be an option?

planning to attend Western! Would love to connect! 

Me too, would love to connect :)

On 4/20/2021 at 10:56 AM, Dips said:

I just accepted Western! I also have not heard back from UofT Health Promo. If anyone else is attending Western in the fall, would love to connect! :) Western ppl, where do you plan to live since living on campus won't be an option?

5 hours ago, 2skool4kool said:

planning to attend Western! Would love to connect! ☺️

47 minutes ago, MPH2021Canada said:

Me too, would love to connect :)

Hi, same here! Planning to accept Western. Is there any group chat or a way we can connect? Thanks!

7 hours ago, Dips said:

Congrats on getting into Health Promo! Any idea on how many students are typically accepted into this stream? I wonder if they will accept more students if things are online for this year?

No idea. I know as much as you haha. Although I saw something on this forum once about them accepting about 20 people to health promotion? I don't imagine they'll accept many extra than previous years. U of A really doesn't have any extra funding, and online students still need teaching faculty and advisors and stuff. 

On 4/29/2021 at 1:41 PM, bg3 said:

I'm doing the Health Promotion stream this fall. I also noticed that all of the classes are online, and it looks like they're online in the winter as well. I was expecting for some or all of the health promotion-related courses to be online, as they seem to have done this in past years to accomodate the distance students, but it does look like SPH has decided to play very safe with their courses. I imagine we'll get some sort of more detailed information for the fall in the coming weeks (in time to enroll on May 19, hopefully)!

I’ll be doing the Health Promotion stream as well! Hopefully they do reach out - I so not feel prepared to register with so little information. 

On 4/29/2021 at 5:57 PM, zucca said:

I'm in the same boat! I emailed them yesterday and they confirmed that the course delivery is not subject to change, so core courses will be remaining online for the Fall and Winter. Definitely a little disappointed, but I'm wondering if it might be best to move anyway since the specialized courses are in person.

Thanks for sharing that information! It makes planning a little easier.. I noticed that the courses were only in-person if they were under 20 people! 

20 hours ago, MPHfall2021 said:

Hi, same here! Planning to accept Western. Is there any group chat or a way we can connect? Thanks!

let's make a group chat! DM me Western friends!! :)

25 minutes ago, mphmountain said:

I got accepted to the MPH epi program last night at around 10pm! I’ll be accepting the offer, good luck to everyone still waiting!! Hope everyone hears back soon ?

Congrats!!! Did anyone else get it?!

26 minutes ago, mphmountain said:

I got accepted to the MPH epi program last night at around 10pm! I’ll be accepting the offer, good luck to everyone still waiting!! Hope everyone hears back soon ?

What stats and experiences did you apply with if you don’t mind sharing?

44 minutes ago, mphmountain said:

Congrats!!! When do you have until to accept it? 

1 hour ago, mphmountain said:

Also, did you get a single email with an acceptance letter?