MSW.K

1 hour ago, sophia gullo said:

Has anyone heard back from UW (University of Washington) MSW advance standing program for fall 2021? I heard back from Denver but that's it. 

Hi! I also applied to the University of Washington and I looked at the forums for the past couple of years, according to those, UW-Seattle doesn't start releasing decisions until the end of Feb to the end of April. I was a little worried about this but they only have one deadline so it probably takes them longer. I am anxiously waiting! Good luck!   

16 minutes ago, Luisa206 said:

I haven't heard back from UW yet. I'm not holding my breath though, I think it could be well into March before we hear back! 

Yeah, I saw on last years forum that people were hearing back as soon as Feb 14th but maybe since they extended the deadline it’ll be later this year. Still hoping it is at least before late March though! 

Just now, christina k said:

Yeah, I saw on last years forum that people were hearing back as soon as Feb 14th but maybe since they extended the deadline it’ll be later this year. Still hoping it is at least before late March though! 

I know, UW is my first choice but I'm worried I won't hear back before I have to commit to other schools! Here's to hoping! 

On 2/5/2021 at 1:50 PM, clinicalpsychphd2021 said:

Does anyone know when BU will release their admission decisions if I applied for the 1/4/21 deadline? Thank you! :) 

I got a waitlist email today (2/11). I am not sure if they are sending them all out at once or at different times? Good luck!

23 minutes ago, j.peg said:

I got a waitlist email today (2/11). I am not sure if they are sending them all out at once or at different times? Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear that you got waitlisted! I hope it works out in the end! :) If you don't mind me asking, did you apply for advanced standing or the normal 2 year curriculum? 

14 minutes ago, clinicalpsychphd2021 said:

I'm sorry to hear that you got waitlisted! I hope it works out in the end! :) If you don't mind me asking, did you apply for advanced standing or the normal 2 year curriculum? 

Thank you, I hope so, too! I applied for full-time, Clinical, regular track. Good luck!

Edited by j.peg

For those who chose NYU, are currently attending or have graduated from NYU, how have you found the field placement office? Have they been supportive? I have heard that the field office requires a ton of self-advocacy & that they have a reputation for not being super helpful and would love to hear your thoughts!

Edited by prospectivemsw1

On 2/9/2021 at 11:50 AM, anothermsw said:

Hey y’all!

Anyone heard anything from UNC - Chapel Hill? I applied by the Dec 8th scholarship deadline but I recognize that might not matter when it comes to admissions timelines on their end. Either way, sure hoping decisions are released sooner than late March!

Good luck, team!

I also applied to UNC Chapel Hill before the December 8th deadline but haven't heard back or got any updates. Mind me asking what your stats are or what your relevant experience is? 

I just received my acceptance to University of Southern California! Did anyone else receive acceptance to USC? They didn't say anything about scholarships or financial aid package in the email. They're only giving me 2 weeks to make my decision and I don't think I'll hear from the rest of my schools by then. 

43 minutes ago, MSWCY said:

I just received my acceptance to University of Southern California! Did anyone else receive acceptance to USC? They didn't say anything about scholarships or financial aid package in the email. They're only giving me 2 weeks to make my decision and I don't think I'll hear from the rest of my schools by then. 

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when did you apply?

10 hours ago, kb-msw said:

Just got accepted to UChicago with a 15k scholarship per year! Leaning toward UMich or WUSTL but it's exciting to have options!

Congratulations, that's wonderful!! 

I applied on 9/26 and am still waiting. Getting concerned that it is bad news. im wondering when they will send the rest out

1 hour ago, researchmswgirl said:

I applied on 9/26 and am still waiting. Getting concerned that it is bad news. im wondering when they will send the rest out

I'm hoping it will be today at 5 since they said we'll hear back by the 15th at the latest. Fingers crossed!

Edited by sonalikm

18 hours ago, ashevillegirl said:

I also applied to UNC Chapel Hill before the December 8th deadline but haven't heard back or got any updates. Mind me asking what your stats are or what your relevant experience is? 

I'm hoping to hear soon as well - I have to tell another school my decision by the 26th of February, but I really don't know if UNC will let us know by then. I did see one person say they got accepted to UNC last week for the 2 year program, but that seemed a bit early. 

2 hours ago, researchmswgirl said:

Thanks so much! I hope you hear back tonight!

1 hour ago, cp98 said:

Just received my acceptance from BC with a scholarship! I've also heard back from Fordham and NYU this week. Still waiting to hear back from Columbia and BU.

Congrats! I thought for sure Columbia answers would come this week...now I'm not so sure!

Hi all - joining on late because I'm making a huge career change and I'm really just figuring out the whole grad school thing. I applied to the UT MSSW 2-year program and the UH program. Has anyone else applied there or heard back from those schools? Thanks in advance and good luck to all!