MFA 2021 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

1 hour ago, Ememem said:

Amazing! Good luck with your SAIC interview and best of luck with the rest. The waiting is the hardest part of all this. ?

I have my interview later this month for SAIC as well. Waiting to hear from RISD, CCA, and UCLA. ?

The waiting really is the hardest part. This has been a rough year for everyone, we should all be proud of putting ourselves out there and applying!

Goodluck with your applications too!

8 hours ago, slickjaketheruler said:

Who’s joining the “still waiting to hear back from Tyler” club? Does anyone know if certain departments don’t interview. Is it possible to get an acceptance letter without an interview depending on the candidate?

Still on the edge of my seat since Tyler is my number 1 choice.

Also-- have you by chance been able to get into the TUportal? I am a bit confused by the varying emails directing me to either the application page portal or the official TUportal that I do not believe I was prompted to make an account for.. 

2 minutes ago, katfude said:

Also-- have you by chance been able to get into the TUportal? I am a bit confused by the varying emails directing me to either the application page portal or the official TUportal that I do not believe I was prompted to make an account for.. 

I actually have. But only because I was able to retrieve an old account when I applied to their MFA program in 2017. I cannot remember for the life of me how I was able to create it though.

My application status hasn’t changed from the committee is reviewing the application.

Was looking through old emails in my inbox because I'm bored and saw this email from SVA in 2016 (when I was still applying for undergrad), in which they infamously sent MFA acceptance letters by accident to people on the wrong mailing list ? Crying! How ironic that five years later, I find myself desperate to receive any kind of letter like this again. Hey, no matter what happens this cycle, at least I can say I've already technically experienced acceptance to an MFA program, right? Haha

Lol.png

5 hours ago, Ememem said:

I accidentally posted the same comment again, don't know how to delete it ?

However still wondering if anyone heard from risd Ceramics 

I am also waiting to hear from RISD. ? I will leave the comment if I get any news from risd ceramics!! Hope all of us have good results. Good luck!

11 hours ago, katfude said:

For anyone else wondering-- I emailed Tyler about the link I received to check applications through the TUportal and they said that applicants will not be able to make TUportal accounts until after they have been accepted. It must have been an error in their email! 

3 minutes ago, katfude said:

For anyone else wondering-- I emailed Tyler about the link I received to check applications through the TUportal and they said that applicants will not be able to make TUportal accounts until after they have been accepted. It must have been an error in their email! 

Really? I was able to make a TUportal account - application status hasn't changed since my interview - but I also contacted someone at the help desk about this. Whoops!

32 minutes ago, XSX said:

also for anyone wondering... VCU painting interview invites went out this morning. Still waiting to hear from some other schools. Anyone get anything from U Washington or Boston U yet?

I also got the invitation. I am wondering whether I should email back to the director and the coordinator or not. I already reserved the time slot though.

Anyways good luck!

Edited by Sofullsofull

3 minutes ago, Thursdayhasnofeel said:

Any word on VCU sculpture?

No not yet, but I had an embarrassing mixup with my application I finished in December where I realized on Feb 1st at 8pm that my payment never went through (my bank flagged my card for fraud for throwing a bunch of money at random internet websites while applying to all of my schools LOL) so I had to submit my application on the last day of the extended deadline.... aka I am not very hopeful now :(

45 minutes ago, XSX said:

also for anyone wondering... VCU painting interview invites went out this morning. Still waiting to hear from some other schools. Anyone get anything from U Washington or Boston U yet?

Nothing from BU painting yet over here...