Teachers College: Columbia University, Fall 2021

Peacehappiness22

I actually posted earlier today on this forum about not hearing anything yet but, I randomly checked my application portal today around 5:00pm and I was accepted to the English Education M.A program! So happy! Best of luck everyone! I never got an email that my status changed so, it might be worth a look for those waiting to hear!

16 hours ago, sasalala said:

Hey everyone, I applied to the MA in International Education Development on Jan 15 and still haven't heard anything back ☹️ Hoping for the best !! So anxious !!

Hiiii fellow IED applicant! (I actually applied to CIE but close enough)

I posted here yesterday, but I just got in for an MA in International Education Development!! So excited!!

I also received a TC scholarship! I am wondering, is this something everyone (who applies for it on their application) receives? 

Edited by sasalala

On 3/7/2021 at 10:25 PM, psyched4socialpsych said:

To clarify, the $15.5k isn't tuition covered + $15.5k stipend on top of it, but rather I would still have to pay tuition and the $15.5k is more like financial aid/scholarship to help cover that tuition cost.

Let me know how the chat goes! Would love to know how much room there is for negotiation and what not :)

Do you know if TC usually covers tuition + gives some sort of stipend on top of that for Ph.D. students? Or are Ph.D. students at TC self-funding?

I spoke with my advisor who mentioned that due to COVID, budgets are tight and the chances of full funding is slim to none. However, there may be some tuition reduction and loans for now. I plan to go part-time while I teach so I won't have loans, if I go that route. Not sure about how it works in a given year but in our new normal this is reality. Hope it helps!

2 hours ago, sasalala said:

I posted here yesterday, but I just got in for an MA in International Education Development!! So excited!!

I also received a TC scholarship! I am wondering, is this something everyone (who applies for it on their application) receives? 

That's possible! Maybe people get different amounts??? Congrats!

1 hour ago, Jmartin91 said:

I spoke with my advisor who mentioned that due to COVID, budgets are tight and the chances of full funding is slim to none. However, there may be some tuition reduction and loans for now. I plan to go part-time while I teach so I won't have loans, if I go that route. Not sure about how it works in a given year but in our new normal this is reality. Hope it helps!

Thank you! This is helpful!

15 hours ago, sasalala said:

COngrats!! I applied the same program but weird that I didnt receive any notification.

2 hours ago, HTG7728 said:

COngrats!! I applied the same program but weird that I didnt receive any notification.

I haven't heard anything either ? this happened to me with NYU too. I did get in it just took longer and gave me a lot more anxiety

Did you apply to CIE or IED? I'm CIE so I wonder if that makes a difference, seeing as how everyone I know who has been notified so far is IED

1 hour ago, sasalala said:

I didn't get an email notification, I just checked the portal and it said there was a status update. So if you haven't checked your portal directly, maybe there is an update there! :) 

hehe nope nothing ? tc's literally like

seen.jpg

5 hours ago, Beezkneez08 said:

I received my acceptance to the MA Instructional Technology and Media program yesterday, also with a TC Scholarship.

Congratulations! When did you turn in your application for this? Mine is not out yet. I know we have been trailing each other.