Fall 2021 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

SCIOPsych

On 3/11/2021 at 11:44 PM, SpYEsther said:

So I applied to the Social Psych PhD program, not the Masters' program. But I did hear back, and I got rejected ? 

Not surprised, since it's a different psych program. 

Did you on anybody else hear back from NYU MA program?

On 3/22/2021 at 5:13 PM, poserchild said:

Yeah I just received an offer from GMU. Did your offer say anything about funding? I'm not sure if they fund their MA students, but if so then that is definitely a big deal for me since none of my offers have come with funding yet.

They didn't say anything about funding in the letter but I immediately declined so I'm not sure if they would've if someone were to accept. It wouldn't hurt to ask though!

To the person who said they were waitlisted at Baruch College did you receive an email notifying you about your status? I'm currently still waiting to hear back since Visitation day and i'm super nervous since I haven't heard anything... 

On 3/24/2021 at 8:17 AM, MlleS said:

Any update from NYU I/O?

No I haven't heard back from this program yet ?. What about you? The admission office said that they hope to have most decisions completed by 04/15. 

15 hours ago, Pikaball said:

No I haven't heard back from this program yet ?. What about you? The admission office said that they hope to have most decisions completed by 04/15. 

Tkx, I have not heard from them yet, I will email them next week, cheking for an update

6 hours ago, MlleS said:

Tkx, I have not heard from them yet, I will email them next week, cheking for an update

Do you know anyone who has been accepted or rejected from this program this year? Was wondering if they have already released some decisions...

On 3/27/2021 at 12:57 AM, Pikaball said:

Do you know anyone who has been accepted or rejected from this program this year? Was wondering if they have already released some decisions...

No, to my knowledge it has not been done yet.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:18 PM, psychie99 said:

To the person who said they were waitlisted at Baruch College did you receive an email notifying you about your status? I'm currently still waiting to hear back since Visitation day and i'm super nervous since I haven't heard anything... 

Hi! I too attended Baruch's visitation day and just reached out asking about my application status because I had not heard anything either. (they notified me that I am on the wait-list). I hope this helps!

On 3/30/2021 at 4:04 AM, MlleS said:

No, to my knowledge it has not been done yet.

OK. Could u let me know if you receive any updates from this program in the upcoming weeks? I barely saw any people share their application progress of this program online :( Thanks!

Hey Everyone! I'm currently waitlisted at the University of Central Florida and the University of South Florida. I'm just putting it out there in case there is anyone who got acceptances to those school but is planning on going else where and hasn't yet notified the university of their decision. :)  Hope everyone is having a very successful application season! 

Edited by AAB

18 hours ago, Pikaball said:

OK. Could u let me know if you receive any updates from this program in the upcoming weeks? I barely saw any people share their application progress of this program online :( Thanks!

sure will do, let us share any update we both receive ASAP.

4 hours ago, MlleS said:

sure will do, let us share any update we both receive ASAP.

Hi I just received the decision letter this morning and I got accepted! I'm sooo excited now!!!

On 3/22/2021 at 9:59 AM, io_psych said:

I emailed CSUSB to ask when we should expect to hear back...decisions should be out in a couple of weeks ? 

Does CSUSB do interviews? Did you get an interview invite ? I know SDSU, SFSU and SJSU do interviews, not sure if CSULB does...  

Whelp, it is what it is! I haven't officially received a rejection from BGSU, FIU, or PSU, however since I haven't heard anything at this point I am just assuming that they are rejections so that I can put more focus into my other options.

Congrats to everyone that got in! I received offers to GMU's MA program and FIT's PhD. I will likely accept FIT's offer given that a PhD is my end goal.

9 hours ago, Mandable said:

Does CSUSB do interviews? Did you get an interview invite ? I know SDSU, SFSU and SJSU do interviews, not sure if CSULB does...  

Hi, I don’t think CSUSB does interviews! Nothing on here nor on the SIOP website mentioned interviews. 
I didn’t know SJSU did interviews...I didn’t get one with them but was still waitlisted. 
I’m pretty sure CSULB doesn’t do interviews. 

On 4/2/2021 at 9:22 AM, poserchild said:

Whelp, it is what it is! I haven't officially received a rejection from BGSU, FIU, or PSU, however since I haven't heard anything at this point I am just assuming that they are rejections so that I can put more focus into my other options.

Congrats to everyone that got in! I received offers to GMU's MA program and FIT's PhD. I will likely accept FIT's offer given that a PhD is my end goal.

Congrats! I am also accepting my offer from FIT's PhD program so I'm looking forward to working with you! 

Hi all! What are your thoughts on the M.A. program of Organizational Sciences at George Washington Uni? I didn't get into the phd program but I did for the Masters! 

On 4/2/2021 at 10:25 AM, io_psych said:

Hi, I don’t think CSUSB does interviews! Nothing on here nor on the SIOP website mentioned interviews. 
I didn’t know SJSU did interviews...I didn’t get one with them but was still waitlisted. 

On 4/2/2021 at 10:25 AM, io_psych said:

Has anyone hear back from CSUSB yet ?