Fall 2021 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

SCIOPsych

4 minutes ago, MadamPsych said:

I haven’t heard back. Was it good news? 

Yes it was an acceptance :) 

Really caught me off guard because I wasn’t expecting to hear back until April? 

11 minutes ago, MadamPsych said:

Good for you!! I think it said they wanted to make sure everybody knew where they stood by April. 

Ohh that makes more sense! I hope you hear back soon!

I received the email from my PI. 

Edited by psychev

53 minutes ago, psychev said:

Just heard back from SFSU post interview... did anyone else? 

I heard back as well! Congrats~ It seems they are sending out the acceptances so people have more time to inform them whether they’d be interested in attending to make room for waitlisted people. 

36 minutes ago, MadamPsych said:

Do we know if SJSU has sent out any other decisions? 

I haven’t heard of any other news from SJSU, but they should also have sent out acceptance notices so that they can give those applicants enough time to accept/decline since they already notified the waitlisted students. Who knows though, they could be doing a totally different process. 

1 hour ago, Nonya said:

I heard back as well! Congrats~ It seems they are sending out the acceptances so people have more time to inform them whether they’d be interested in attending to make room for waitlisted people. 

do you mind disclosing your PI's initials? 

1 hour ago, io_psych said:

do you mind disclosing your PI's initials? 

My PI’s initial is D.S. 

Edited by Nonya

2 hours ago, psychev said:

Is SFSU one of your top choices? :)

Yes. I also asked SJSU to see if they’d start offering acceptances to waitlisted candidates if room opened up, so I’ll see where that leads to. 

Question....even if my offer of acceptance won’t be guaranteed anymore, should I wait to accept it if I’m waiting for another Uni to let me know if I’ll be off their waitlist or should I just accept the offer in case I miss out on that one too?

1 hour ago, Nonya said:

Question....even if my offer of acceptance won’t be guaranteed anymore, should I wait to accept it if I’m waiting for another Uni to let me know if I’ll be off their waitlist or should I just accept the offer in case I miss out on that one too?

You should accept it, if anything you can back out last minute. It may not be the most professional thing but at the end of the day it's your career/life. 

5 hours ago, psychio said:

Has anyone else heard from SJSU? Expecting a rejection at this point, but would still like to know ?

I know they sent out acceptances and waitlist emails/letters....sorry. I’m not sure what to say, but I’d suggest emailing the I-O email just for confirmation. 

28 minutes ago, Nonya said:

I know they sent out acceptances and waitlist emails/letters....sorry. I’m not sure what to say, but I’d suggest emailing the I-O email just for confirmation. 

Thanks for the info ☺️ I'll definitely email them later to get an update

On 3/17/2021 at 5:42 PM, VirtualGrad said:

George Mason released some decisions regarding their Master's program! I applied for their Ph.D. program but was only admitted into their Master's program so I'm declining the offer. Congrats to everyone who gets in!

Yeah I just received an offer from GMU. Did your offer say anything about funding? I'm not sure if they fund their MA students, but if so then that is definitely a big deal for me since none of my offers have come with funding yet.