Fall 2021 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

SCIOPsych

1 hour ago, Student.uni said:

Do you guys have any news from the PhD of Florida International U and U of Minnesota? I tried reaching out to the PIs a couple of times but didn't get a response.

I declined my offer at FIU a few days ago. They should be reaching out to their waitlist. 

On 12/15/2020 at 4:54 PM, SpYEsther said:

@SCIOPsych Thank you for starting this thread. I was looking around here wondering if someone started a thread for I-O Psychology this year yet.

Second time applying as well - Hofstra, GM University, GW University, Bowling Green, North Carolina State U, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, U of Connecticut, NYU, Columbia, Baruch, Old Dominion 

Have you heard back from the NYU I/O program yet?

1 minute ago, Pikaball said:

Have you heard back from the NYU I/O program yet?

So I applied to the Social Psych PhD program, not the Masters' program. But I did hear back, and I got rejected ? 

Not surprised, since it's a different psych program. 

2 hours ago, VirtualGrad said:

Hi everyone! I wish I had found this forum a little earlier in the process! Has anyone heard from George Mason's Ph.D. program? I tried reaching out but had no success and I'm anxious to make my final decision....

I haven't heard back yet, but I  thought I saw people posting results on gradcafe results page. I could be wrong though . . .

On 12/16/2020 at 2:03 PM, SCIOPsych said:

Awesome- I've also heard that we should be hearing back from Bowling Green in middle/end of January. @KB io psyched- not sure if you're applying there. Of course, if it's the waitlist, it could be April 15th ? Did anyone apply to any fellowships? I didn't the first time around because I didn't even know about them. I applied to the NSF GRFP in Oct. and finished up the Ford Foundation application today.

Hi! I'm wondering if your hear back from the NYU I/O program yet. Do you know when should we expect to hear back about the decision?

22 minutes ago, SpYEsther said:

I haven't heard back yet, but I  thought I saw people posting results on gradcafe results page. I could be wrong though . . .

I just received an email back from my PI and they said that although they couldn't give me an answer directly (it must come from the university), decisions should come out within the next few days. I'm expecting more people to know by the latest next week!

4 minutes ago, VirtualGrad said:

I just received an email back from my PI and they said that although they couldn't give me an answer directly (it must come from the university), decisions should come out within the next few days. I'm expecting more people to know by the latest next week!

That's good to know, thanks! I almost gave up on the program because it's getting late

Hi all!

I was hoping some people could provide feedback on a variety of programs I've been accepted to. It has been a little challenging for me to figure out what programs are strong and what programs are weak programs. I've been accepted into the following programs (all at a masters level); Springfield College in MA, University of New Haven in CT, University of Hartford in CT, University of Maryland in Baltimore County in MD,  Hofstra University in NY and finally University of Cincinnati in OH. I would greatly appreciate any feedback and information that people have about these schools. Thanks so much in advance!

Edited by IOMargo

I can't believe this happened!! I just got off the waitlist and was given an offer by TAMU. I am really excited and very likely to accept it. Has anyone here already accepted the offer from TAMU? I have some questions/concerns and would love to chat about it if you can drop me a pm.

Congratulations to those who got offers and good luck to those waiting for responses!

Hi everyone! I just want to let those who’ve applied to SJSU know that I just received an email from them letting me know I’m on the waitlist. I hope others hear good news, if not just a response soon. ☺️

38 minutes ago, Nonya said:

Hi everyone! I just want to let those who’ve applied to SJSU know that I just received an email from them letting me know I’m on the waitlist. I hope others hear good news, if not just a response soon. ☺️

I just got the same email! I wonder how likely it is to get off the waitlist... 

23 minutes ago, io_psych said:

I did email to ask what number in the waitlist I’m at. That would give me a better idea of whether I should hold my hopes up or not. ?

24 minutes ago, io_psych said:

I didn't get any email yikes..

Just now, Nonya said:

I did email to ask what number in the waitlist I’m at. That would give me a better idea of whether I should hold my hopes up or not. ?

Ooh let us know if they actually give you a number...maybe I should do the same...

On 3/13/2021 at 3:53 PM, Nonya said:

Yeah, will do! 

Got an email from SJSU this morning, they mentioned that there's 10 people on the waitlist, and that their waitlist isn't ranked. 
They usually accept 2-4 people off the waitlist each year. 

Does anyone know how an unranked waitlist works then? How do they decide who gets in? ? 

18 minutes ago, io_psych said:

Got an email from SJSU this morning, they mentioned that there's 10 people on the waitlist, and that their waitlist isn't ranked. 
They usually accept 2-4 people off the waitlist each year. 

Does anyone know how an unranked waitlist works then? How do they decide who gets in? ? 

I don’t know. I think they do have a ranking or sorts, but it changes often so it’s hard to tell. I did get the same email though. 

21 minutes ago, Nonya said:

I don’t know. I think they do have a ranking or sorts, but it changes often so it’s hard to tell. I did get the same email though. 

That’s strange... I don’t know how that would work. There’s a subreddit called r/gradadmissions where you could ask, it’s a large community someone might have the answer. ?

1 hour ago, psychev said:

That’s strange... I don’t know how that would work. There’s a subreddit called r/gradadmissions where you could ask, it’s a large community someone might have the answer. ?

I would ask, but I feel as though it’d only make me more anxious. Also, there’s nothing that can be done if they don’t want to tell us our “ranks” on the waitlist. I appreciate the advice though. 

Hey everyone, for those who applied to Old Dominion, did anyone hear back yet?

I'm not sure if someone already asked this here, my mind has been a blur from this admissions cycle. 

4 hours ago, Nonya said:

I would ask, but I feel as though it’d only make me more anxious. Also, there’s nothing that can be done if they don’t want to tell us our “ranks” on the waitlist. I appreciate the advice though. 

Do we know if SJSU has sent out any other decisions?