Fall 2021 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

SCIOPsych

Hello! Congratulations to all who have received acceptances. If anyone has updates regarding the University of Connecticut, Louisiana State University, and/or Clemson University, I would really appreciate a reply. Is it unheard of to be accepted or waitlisted this late in the application process if the school has not been in contact with you at all?

15 hours ago, IODriven said:

Hello! Congratulations to all who have received acceptances. If anyone has updates regarding the University of Connecticut, Louisiana State University, and/or Clemson University, I would really appreciate a reply. Is it unheard of to be accepted or waitlisted this late in the application process if the school has not been in contact with you at all?

I'm still waiting to hear back from Clemson too!

44 minutes ago, Krakenslayer said:

Decisions from Bowling Green are out!

Hey, did any of you hear good news from BG? I haven't heard anything yet :( are they telling us either way or only if accepted? How were you notified?

Edited by Sxm979

On 2/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, Quant-Methodz said:

UNO has made their decisions although not released yet! Decisions were made last week - was informed that I was being admitted when I let them know I was accepting an offer. I Hope this helps!

Congrats it is a fun program! I'm in my first year here!

Accepted to LSU, Virginia Tech, and UNO but was shortlisted for GMU. Still waiting for the word from CUNY after the interview day. 

I'm carefully considering each program as I want to make the best choice. Trying to decide by mid March.

21 hours ago, IODriven said:

I received admission from LSU a few weeks ago so they probably did contact those who were waitlisted already. 

Edited by Future IO Phd Grad

Congrats to those that got in to their respective programs! 

I have heard that decisions for NIU should be going out in a week or two for those that are waiting to hear back. This has been a stressful application season!!

On 2/25/2021 at 8:20 PM, IODriven said:

I haven't heard anything back from University of Connecticut. It's definitely not unheard of to be accepted/waitlisted this late because students who have been accepted might later on reject their offers and go somewhere else. 

2 hours ago, Future IO Phd Grad said:

Accepted to LSU, Virginia Tech, and UNO but was shortlisted for GMU. Still waiting for the word from CUNY after the interview day. 

I'm carefully considering each program as I want to make the best choice. Trying to decide by mid March.

I received admission from LSU a few weeks ago so they probably did contact those who were waitlisted already. 

Congratulations! Did GMU email you? 

CUNY already sent out emails for Visitation Day. 

3 hours ago, SpYEsther said:

Congratulations! Did GMU email you? 

CUNY already sent out emails for Visitation Day. 

Thank you! GMU emailed me and I had a meeting with my poi who invited me to the visitation day. 

And thank you for the info about CUNY. I was iffy about my performance for the interview day. Surprisingly, I preferred seeing the person on the other end of a call instead. 

On 2/18/2021 at 10:44 AM, OrgPsy said:

Hi, I have an interview today there and from there email it looks like they were sent out last week for interviews this week with a decision to be made by Feb 20th. But this is for the I/O stream, I can't say for certain about the Forensic Stream!! Crossing my fingers you hear back from there soon about that stream. If I hear anything about the process today, I can PM you if you want :) 

I have not yet heard back from SMU (I/O stream). Have either of you heard back yet? If you have, was it via email or portal?

32 minutes ago, canadapsych said:

I have not yet heard back from SMU (I/O stream). Have either of you heard back yet? If you have, was it via email or portal?

They sent an informal letter saying I would get an official letter two weeks ago I think and then last week I got the official letter on the portal! From there we have three weeks I think to make a decision and they also have a waitlist I believe. I hope this helps, good luck! If you have more questions feel free to PM :)

Hi, sometime back I believe someone mentioned of their acceptance to KU Leuven. Can that person please PM me? I would love to have a chat. Also, you got the response even before the deadline?

Still new to this, but I'm guessing if I haven't heard from BGSU it's just because they haven't sent out rejections yet. To the people that got in or waitlisted, can they say what they think made their application stand out? Internships maybe? Still holding out a little hope for Minnesota ?.

18 minutes ago, Bettypsych said:

Still new to this, but I'm guessing if I haven't heard from BGSU it's just because they haven't sent out rejections yet. To the people that got in or waitlisted, can they say what they think made their application stand out? Internships maybe? Still holding out a little hope for Minnesota ?.

I got accepted to BGSU. For me, I think it was due to my past research experiences and matching research interests. I'm also waiting to hear back from Minnesota btw. 

On 2/27/2021 at 7:55 AM, Anonymous Hieronymous said:

Has anyone heard from Old Dominion University (ODU) yet? Starting to wonder...

I haven't heard anything back from ODU yet. . .  :( 

28 minutes ago, Bettypsych said:

I got accepted to BG too. I think it was because of my research experience and two IO-focused internships but faculty fit also probably played a role.