Fall 2021 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

SCIOPsych

On 1/31/2021 at 9:44 AM, psycholokri said:

Has anyone heard from George Mason or DePaul? Hoping this is a big week of news for everyone ❤️

I checked with the graduate admissions DePaul and they said they will be extending offers in the end of February or first week of march. 

On 1/31/2021 at 2:33 PM, SCIOPsych said:

I have some questions for those of you who applied to Organizational Behavior programs... Would any of you mind DM'ing me? Mostly just about your intentions post-PhD and your preference between IO and OB. My POI from IU's OB program let me know that I'll be receiving an offer next week... which is great (actually beyond great, with this being my 2nd application cycle, I'm thrilled) but it's also my only OB program, so I have some decisions to make (I should say maybe... this could be my only offer). Thank you ?

I applied to a few of each types of programs and OB does have its benefits-mostly being tied to money and the ability to transfer seamlessly between I/O programs and OB programs.  Apparently, you can move from an I/O degree into OB, but it is slightly more difficult.  Oh, also...OB is strictly preparing students for careers in research/academia, whereas I/O favors the scientist-practitioner method.  Something to think about...

Hey all, I saw someone posted asking about Bowling Green last week, but now that it's February was wondering if anyone has heard anything? This is only my first cycle applying to schools so I'm trying to rationalize to myself that the wait is longer this year because of COVID. I've applied to University of Minnesota as well, but judging by everything I've read no one has heard anything from them either.

4 minutes ago, Bettypsych said:

Hey all, I saw someone posted asking about Bowling Green last week, but now that it's February was wondering if anyone has heard anything? This is only my first cycle applying to schools so I'm trying to rationalize to myself that the wait is longer this year because of COVID. I've applied to University of Minnesota as well, but judging by everything I've read no one has heard anything from them either.

I was able to confirm that Bowling Green is much later this year. I don't believe they've sent out initial acceptances yet. 

23 minutes ago, Bettypsych said:

My POI from University of Minnesota reached out to me in early January for an interview. I remembered my POI said that result should be coming out in early Feb. 

12 hours ago, Student.uni said:

Do you guys have any news from CUNY, GMU,  and Florida Tech?

I just heard back for an interview for CUNY, so I think they should be sending out interviews to applicants this week and next week.

Haven't heard anything from GMU :(

15 minutes ago, beb2021 said:

I think GMU just released results today! My POI told me over a Zoom call and said that they'd send official emails soon.

That would be great news! I haven't heard anything from schools other than UNCC. I am fortunate to be waitlisted to my top choice, but I am eagerly waiting to hear back from GMU. 

I am impressed with how many places that you have heard back from! Congratulations!

50 minutes ago, SCIOPsych said:

Well.. received an acceptance email from Central Michigan University and a rejection from UNC Charlotte. It's been a big week of hearing back! 

That's great that you have acceptances already!! I was fortunate to secure a waitlist slot at UNCC, but there is still so much uncertainty on whether I am going to grad school or not. So nervous!!

Hey everyone! I hope your application cycles are going well and congratulations to those who already have acceptances, well done! 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post because I see mostly American school applicants but I was wondering if there was anyone who applied to some of the Canadian schools and would be willing to share if they have heard back? I've heard from a couple and have some interviews lined up, but I'm wondering if that means the interview dates for the other places has already passed (i.e. Waterloo, Saint Mary's).

Also, does anyone know generally what your chances are like if you are invited to an interview or an interview day? Are we generally talking like 1 in 10 or like 1 in 3? I'm super excited to have gotten some interviews but with nothing concrete, I'm still super nervous about nothing panning out.

Thanks! Hoping everyone is keeping their spirits up, it's a super stressful time. Good luck everyone!

Edited by OrgPsy

First acceptance today!  I'm almost 10 years out of undergrad and I've been so nervous that I wouldn't be a quality candidate.  Accepted to University of New Haven.  No fellowship info just yet but I just wanted to post here so I could update my signature :D

1 hour ago, nycherries07 said:

First acceptance today!  I'm almost 10 years out of undergrad and I've been so nervous that I wouldn't be a quality candidate.  Accepted to University of New Haven.  No fellowship info just yet but I just wanted to post here so I could update my signature :D

Congratulations!!

3 hours ago, nycherries07 said:

YES!! We need to get celebrating!! It is time for this thread to get PUMPED. Start bragging, y'all!! Let us know what interviews and acceptances you are getting :) Shout-out to @SCIOPsychand @potentialOB who have BOTH been given an offer (with more to come, I am SURE). 

Hey everyone, it looks like some people have just started receiving interview invites for Bowling Green. I didn't receive one, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm that? I've been eagerly waiting for BGSU.

10 minutes ago, poserchild said:

Hey everyone, it looks like some people have just started receiving interview invites for Bowling Green. I didn't receive one, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm that? I've been eagerly waiting for BGSU.

They sent out invites for their upcoming recruitment weekend so I figure we'll have mini-sessions with each faculty member.

6 minutes ago, Krakenslayer said:

They sent out invites for their upcoming recruitment weekend so I figure we'll have mini-sessions with each faculty member.

That's great, thank you! Good luck during recruitment weekend and congrats on your acceptances already!!

40 minutes ago, Krakenslayer said:

Do you mind if I ask the initials of your POI? PM is fine too! Thank you ?

Congratulations to @SCIOPsych, @potentialOB and @psycholokrion their acceptances :) I'm super happy I just received my first acceptance from the University of Waterloo in Canada! I'm just super relieved to be going to grad school and it's one of my top choices too! 

If there was any other Canadian applicants, I think they're sending out acceptance letters this week but they said they've gone through all applications. If anyone's heard from Saint Mary's or Windsor, could you PM me or let me know if you're comfortable?

Wishing everyone the best of luck and hopefully you hear back very, very soon! For those with interviews coming up, good luck! I had a few this past couple of weeks so I'm always more than happy to share some questions that were asked and what is was like online and everything :) We can swap stories! Hoping it's good news all around for everyone

50 minutes ago, OrgPsy said:

I'm super happy I just received my first acceptance from the University of Waterloo in Canada! I'm just super relieved to be going to grad school and it's one of my top choices too! 

Congratulations @OrgPsy! That's wonderful news ?