Fall 2021 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

SCIOPsych

So I'm just finishing up my application for ODU (due tomorrow) and I'm noticing there's nowhere to upload a resume or CV... and the statement of purpose is limited to 500 words... and they are waiving GRE requirement. So I guess I'm wondering how they're going to evaluate applicants at all? Anyone else applying to Old Dominion? 

3 hours ago, SpYEsther said:

Do you think schools are taking longer since most programs waived the GRE? That's the only explanation I can come up with. 

I heard from 2 programs that they have to re-arrange their "formula" for accepting students since they aren't taking into account the GRE. 

I don't think that schools are necessarily taking longer. I can't speak to MS programs, but it is still incredibly early for PhD programs. I imagine that there is an influx of MS/PHD applicants across the board, so programs are probably going to take a bit longer than usual, not to mention COVID restrictions. That being said, we just got off of winter break. I imagine that most schools will reach some decisions through the month of Jan/Feb. 

I would interpret not hearing back from schools yet as a good thing, since that means you weren't automatically rejected. I know that most of my schools that I applied for have just started looking at applications this week. I have only heard back from one school so far, and that was way ahead of schedule compared to previous years. 

So, yeah, I do think that things could take a bit longer if schools aren't using the GRE as a cut-off. I do not think we are near that point now, though. I would give it some more time since a large amount of deadlines were on Dec 1st, and that is also around the time fall semester is ending and the holiday break is coming up. The ADCOM and other faculty were probably looking forward to a much needed holiday break before they looked at applications.

On 1/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, poserchild said:

I don't think that schools are necessarily taking longer. I can't speak to MS programs, but it is still incredibly early for PhD programs. I imagine that there is an influx of MS/PHD applicants across the board, so programs are probably going to take a bit longer than usual, not to mention COVID restrictions. That being said, we just got off of winter break. I imagine that most schools will reach some decisions through the month of Jan/Feb. 

I would interpret not hearing back from schools yet as a good thing, since that means you weren't automatically rejected. I know that most of my schools that I applied for have just started looking at applications this week. I have only heard back from one school so far, and that was way ahead of schedule compared to previous years. 

So, yeah, I do think that things could take a bit longer if schools aren't using the GRE as a cut-off. I do not think we are near that point now, though. I would give it some more time since a large amount of deadlines were on Dec 1st, and that is also around the time fall semester is ending and the holiday break is coming up. The ADCOM and other faculty were probably looking forward to a much needed holiday break before they looked at applications.

You're right, it is still too early to hear back from anything. My nerves are just stressing me out lol. 

Waving hi to the community! ? I just finalized with my application to Purdue and haven't heard back from any of the programs I applied to. I did receive a waitlist notice from Rice in mid-December, but later received another email saying it was a mistake :((

Applied: Rice University, University of Georgia, University of Minnesota, Stanford University (Social Psychology), Stanford University (Organizational Behavior), Pennsylvania State University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Purdue University

Interview Accepted Rejected Waitlisted

How's it going for everyone? All I've heard so far is that Central Michigan U emailed my LOR writer and said I was a strong candidate. I saw someone had posted that ODU scheduled an interview with them, congrats! Their app was just due on the 5th of Jan, so you must have a really strong application! Anyone else heard back or completed interviews at this point? 

Anxiously awaiting decisions from grad schools I have applied to.  Anyone heard back, received or completed interview invite from any I/O PhD programs they have applied to?

Edited by Psy21

I had a preliminary interview with Auburn on Dec. 21st. I was told that open house would be on Jan. 22nd. Haven't received an invitation yet so kinda assuming I won't be invited ?

14 hours ago, ygolohcysP said:

I had a preliminary interview with Auburn on Dec. 21st. I was told that open house would be on Jan. 22nd. Haven't received an invitation yet so kinda assuming I won't be invited ?

That would be awful of them to leave you hanging like that... you'd think they'd let you know one way or another. I haven't heard from them at all- so you must certainly be higher up on the list than most everyone else ?

Still nothing.. I received an email from UGA earlier this morning, but it was just a description of their review process ?

Applied: Rice University, University of Georgia, University of Minnesota, Stanford University (Social Psychology), Stanford University (Organizational Behavior), Pennsylvania State University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Purdue University

Edited by ZF1

17 minutes ago, ZF1 said:

Still nothing.. I received an email from UGA earlier this morning, but it was just a description of their review process ?

Samee. I saw someone said they got an interview with them yesterday so I thought I was finally hearing back.

Hey! I applied to University of Georgia, Bowling Green, University of Nebraska- Omaha, Clemson, and Florida Institute of Technology. I have an interview with UGA next week. Good luck everyone! 

10 minutes ago, turtl3 said:

Hey! I applied to University of Georgia, Bowling Green, University of Nebraska- Omaha, Clemson, and Florida Institute of Technology. I have an interview with UGA next week. Good luck everyone! 

Who's your PI?