Fall 2021 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

SCIOPsych

23 hours ago, Aminta Greene said:

has anyone heard from Mason? according to their website they are sending out initial decisions by Feb. 1st...

I haven't heard anything from Mason. Looking back to previous years, it seems like they should be sending out interview emails soon. Has anyone had their interviews yet? If so, how did they go? My interview with my POI at IUB Kelley went really well, I thought. They said they will be interviewing people and determining who to invite to "second interviews" which I assume is their replacement for recruitment weekend, since it's centered around applicants meeting faculty and current students. They said I'd hear back in Feb if I was invited to that. Hopefully I'll have heard back from some other programs before then!! These next few weeks into early Feb seem like peak weeks to hear back. 

On 1/18/2021 at 5:48 PM, Aminta Greene said:

has anyone heard from Mason? according to their website they are sending out initial decisions by Feb. 1st...

I haven't heard anything back yet from Mason

Hello! I’m so excited to have stumbled upon the site! As an applicant, I must say, this is an exciting forum to participate in. I wish you all the best of luck and may the admissions committees bless you all with the decisions you wish to hear!

To give you all some background about me, this is the first graduate school admissions cycle that I have been a part of and I applied to four I/O programs: Baruch College CUNY, George Mason University, North Carolina State University, and Rice University. I’ve been involved in research for almost three years in a Personality lab where I’ve had the privilege of working on four research projects, including an honors thesis.

I spoke with the program director at the University of Akron and it looks like they are still accepting applications past the deadline. They have also waived the application fee and she said they're accepting a similar number of MA/PhD and terminal master's students as they have in the past.

18 hours ago, JC-3PO said:

Hello! I’m so excited to have stumbled upon the site! As an applicant, I must say, this is an exciting forum to participate in. I wish you all the best of luck and may the admissions committees bless you all with the decisions you wish to hear!

To give you all some background about me, this is the first graduate school admissions cycle that I have been a part of and I applied to four I/O programs: Baruch College CUNY, George Mason University, North Carolina State University, and Rice University. I’ve been involved in research for almost three years in a Personality lab where I’ve had the privilege of working on four research projects, including an honors thesis.

Welcome!
I saw that you were accepted into North Carolina State University - do you mind letting me know when they contacted your for an interview and what your P.I's initials are? 

Hi. I have read a few posts regarding preliminary interview. It seems like this year many programs are conducting it. There is no update on my applications so far but I was just wondering what type of questions do they ask during such interview.

Edited by Psy21
Typo

2 hours ago, Psy21 said:

Hi. I have read a few posts regarding preliminary interview. It seems like this year many programs are conducting it. There is no update on my applications so far but I was just wondering what type of questions do they ask during such interview.

I've been asked about (1) my research interests (broadly and more specifically) (2) why I want a Ph.D./My future career goals (3) how I face adversity or stress (4) what about the professors research interests me (5) A research project that I've been part of that excited me (6) what part of graduate school I am most excited and most nervous for (7) what experience do I have at each part of the research process (8) my past research experience overall (9) and if I have teaching experience.

This is from a few interviews, but I feel like I've seen a few repeats (especially around past research experience and future goals) from all of them. 

19 hours ago, SpYEsther said:

Welcome!
I saw that you were accepted into North Carolina State University - do you mind letting me know when they contacted your for an interview and what your P.I's initials are? 

Hi @SpYEsther,

The chair of the admissions committee, and later my P.I. (initials are A.M.), contacted me on January 13th. I have an interview with my P.I. next week.

21 hours ago, psycholokri said:

I've been asked about (1) my research interests (broadly and more specifically) (2) why I want a Ph.D./My future career goals (3) how I face adversity or stress (4) what about the professors research interests me (5) A research project that I've been part of that excited me (6) what part of graduate school I am most excited and most nervous for (7) what experience do I have at each part of the research process (8) my past research experience overall (9) and if I have teaching experience.

This is from a few interviews, but I feel like I've seen a few repeats (especially around past research experience and future goals) from all of them. 

Thank you!

To the person who just posted about being rejected from Texas A&M, may I ask if you received a rejection email from them or did you have to reach out to the department to inquire about your status? Thanks !!!

4 hours ago, dinograd said:

To the person who just posted about being rejected from Texas A&M, may I ask if you received a rejection email from them or did you have to reach out to the department to inquire about your status? Thanks !!!

I received an email

On 1/20/2021 at 8:03 PM, psycholokri said:

This is very helpful, thank you @psycholokri!

6 hours ago, Quant-Methodz said:

Montclair should be receiving decisions next week officially, I heard from my PI.

I was also contacted by a PI from Penn State for a meeting tomorrow.  It sounds like next week is really going to be serious!

That's great! All the best for your meeting. Can you please share your P.I.'s initials from Penn state if it is okay with you 

8 hours ago, Psy21 said:

That's great! All the best for your meeting. Can you please share your P.I.'s initials from Penn state if it is okay with you 

Thank you so much!  So I listed JL, AG, and SH on my application...SH is the PI who reached out to me.