Fall 2021 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

SCIOPsych

2 hours ago, psychev said:

So glad I found this thread! Anyone happen to apply to SJSU or SFSU for a Master's in I/O?

I applied to SJSU and got a notification at the end of last week that my application was complete and "The I/O Program Admissions Committee expects to complete their evaluation of applications no later than the middle of March and will email you regarding the status of your application." 

On 2/10/2021 at 4:47 PM, nycherries07 said:

For those of you who have applied to Florida Tech - have you heard ANYTHING during the application process? I've found it to be very off-putting that they're not offering much of any admissions support.  The most I got was "We have your application.  Unfortunately I'm not on the committee so I don't know when you'll hear back". Paraphrasing but you get the idea...

Following up on my own post - got waitlisted today so congrats to those who have interviews/acceptances!  This is a top program for me so fingers crossed.  They also call the waitlist "a group of alternates" which makes me feel like an athlete.  Ha.  

3 hours ago, nycherries07 said:

Following up on my own post - got waitlisted today so congrats to those who have interviews/acceptances!  This is a top program for me so fingers crossed.  They also call the waitlist "a group of alternates" which makes me feel like an athlete.  Ha.  

Just saw this. I have just been accepted to their PhD program, however I have not heard anything about funding just yet. I wish you the best!

Did you apply to their MS or PhD program?

Same here! Just got an offer from Florida Tech, now waiting for the funding details if any...

I haven't heard anything back from BGSU, CUNY, GMU, Rice, UMinnesota and Florida International, should I email them to check on the status of my application or should I just assume rejection ? 

5 hours ago, Student.uni said:

Same here! Just got an offer from Florida Tech, now waiting for the funding details if any...

I haven't heard anything back from BGSU, CUNY, GMU, Rice, UMinnesota and Florida International, should I email them to check on the status of my application or should I just assume rejection ? 

Congratulations on your offer to Florida Tech!

BGSU has their visitation day this weekend and sent out invites, CUNY (I assume you're talking about Baruch?) is sending out emails for interviews, and I haven't heard anything back yet from George Mason either, but it's not a bad idea to reach out.

6 hours ago, Student.uni said:

Nice! I applied to a number of those schools as well. I think that FIU already sent out interviews and offers based off of what people posted on the results section. I don't know if that information is very reliable, though.

I also applied to GMU and UMN and haven't heard back anything either. I suspect that I will hear back from GMU later since I wanted to be considered for the master's program as well. I bet we will hear back soon!

On 2/15/2021 at 1:02 PM, Menjerm8 said:

Anybody else who attended Akron's Feb 5th virtual visit day hear back about offers yet? 

Hey. How did you get Akron virtual visit invite? Email or call? I have applied there but haven't heard anything yet. 

i go to depaul if anyone has any questions! just dm me

also, i applied to FIU during my round of apps, and never heard from them, and no one on my thread / in the results did either, so don't be surprised if they never get back to you lol

8 hours ago, psychmonkeyy said:

Just wondering if anyone had applied to Saint Mary's MSc in Applied Psychology (specifically the forensic psychology stream)? If so, has anyone heard back yet? 

Hi, I have an interview today there and from there email it looks like they were sent out last week for interviews this week with a decision to be made by Feb 20th. But this is for the I/O stream, I can't say for certain about the Forensic Stream!! Crossing my fingers you hear back from there soon about that stream. If I hear anything about the process today, I can PM you if you want :) 

On 2/15/2021 at 2:05 PM, nycherries07 said:

I applied to SJSU and got a notification at the end of last week that my application was complete and "The I/O Program Admissions Committee expects to complete their evaluation of applications no later than the middle of March and will email you regarding the status of your application." 

On 2/15/2021 at 11:18 PM, mfruto1 said:

Applied to SJSU as well

I got the same email. It's my top pick so I'm pretty nervous about it!! Which are your guys' top picks? :) 

20 hours ago, psychev said:

I got the same email. It's my top pick so I'm pretty nervous about it!! Which are your guys' top picks? :)

I applied to SDSU, CSULB, SJSU, Xavier, U-Waterloo, Minnesota State, Mankato, and George Mason. I got rejected to U-Waterloo and I had an interview at SDSU. Still waiting on the rest of my results. SDSU and SJSU are def my top choices as I'm currently located in California and program funding. How about you?

On 2/19/2021 at 11:29 AM, mfruto1 said:

I applied to SDSU, CSULB, SJSU, Xavier, U-Waterloo, Minnesota State, Mankato, and George Mason. I got rejected to U-Waterloo and I had an interview at SDSU. Still waiting on the rest of my results. SDSU and SJSU are def my top choices as I'm currently located in California and program funding. How about you?

Awesome!! I went to SDSU for my undergrad, the professors there are amazing. Sorry to hear about your rejection to Waterloo but I hope you get a spot at one of your top picks! I'm also located in California which is why SJSU and SFSU are my top choices. In state tuition was key for me since I was only applying to Master's programs.