Fall 2021 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

SCIOPsych

For those of you who have applied to Florida Tech - have you heard ANYTHING during the application process? I've found it to be very off-putting that they're not offering much of any admissions support.  The most I got was "We have your application.  Unfortunately I'm not on the committee so I don't know when you'll hear back". Paraphrasing but you get the idea...

3 hours ago, GradPsych21 said:

Hi @OrgPsy. New to the forum, but saw that you were accepted to uWaterloo! 

I was accepted to uWaterloo too! Feel free to PM me if you want to chat! 

Amazing!! Congratulations :)) It'll be nice to know someone going into those Zoom calls. I'll send you a PM!

19 hours ago, nycherries07 said:

For those of you who have applied to Florida Tech - have you heard ANYTHING during the application process? I've found it to be very off-putting that they're not offering much of any admissions support.  The most I got was "We have your application.  Unfortunately I'm not on the committee so I don't know when you'll hear back". Paraphrasing but you get the idea...

Hi! I just received an interview invite this morning. Hopefully you hear something soon :)

1 hour ago, turtl3 said:

Hi! I just received an interview invite this morning. Hopefully you hear something soon :)

Oh wow, congrats! I am hoping to hear from them soon, but still no dice! 

I am getting a bit discouraged from not hearing back from anyone. So nervous!

Hey, just some updates...

Admitted to Drexel's OB 

Admitted to Temple's OB

Admitted to Montclair's I/O

Still waiting on UN - Omaha

Penn State's interview weekend is tonight

I'm declining all other schools requests for any interviews, etc. Wishing you all the best of luck!  Congratulations to all of the other admits in I/O.  I look forward to seeing you at SIOP/AOM!

5 minutes ago, Quant-Methodz said:

Admitted to Drexel's OB 

Admitted to Temple's OB

I'm declining all other schools requests for any interviews, etc. Wishing you all the best of luck!  Congratulations to all of the other admits in I/O.  I look forward to seeing you at SIOP/AOM!

Congrats on the admits! If I don't get accepted this cycle I will consider Montclair since they have a unique data science focus. 

So far it looks like I am really banking on one school ?

Just now, poserchild said:

Congrats on the admits! If I don't get accepted this cycle I will consider Montclair since they have a unique data science focus. 

So far it looks like I am really banking on one school ?

Yes! Montclair's program is new, fresh, and innovative to say the least!  It's definitely in my top 3.  For me, however, funding is going to be the deciding factor in where I choose.  Thank you, by the way!

14 minutes ago, Quant-Methodz said:

Yes! Montclair's program is new, fresh, and innovative to say the least!  It's definitely in my top 3.  For me, however, funding is going to be the deciding factor in where I choose.  Thank you, by the way!

I emailed my POI just a bit ago to ask about program decisions and he said "we expect to send out initial decisions within the next week or so." How did you hear back already?

Just now, motorvision said:

I emailed my POI just a bit ago to ask about program decisions and he said "we expect to send out initial decisions within the next week or so." How did you hear back already?

Hi, I received a call from the Director of the program!

Just now, motorvision said:

I'm guessing I'm getting rejected/waitlisted then since I haven't gotten a call. My portal still says "Awaiting decision"

Was this for the master's or PhD?

Hey,

This was for the PhD program.  I have been chasing after Montclair since 2018 though before they even made official their PhD program.

Just now, Quant-Methodz said:

Hey,

This was for the PhD program.  I have been chasing after Montclair since 2018 though before they even made official their PhD program.

I also applied to their PhD program, but since my POI didn't say one thing or another about acceptance/rejection in their reply to me, and I haven't gotten a call, I'm guessing I'm not getting in

9 minutes ago, motorvision said:

I also applied to their PhD program, but since my POI didn't say one thing or another about acceptance/rejection in their reply to me, and I haven't gotten a call, I'm guessing I'm not getting in

Where else did you apply?

Just now, Quant-Methodz said:

Where else did you apply?

Oklahoma, Texas A&M, University of Nebraska (Omaha), Saint Louis University. Also applied to a couple of master's programs as well at Illinois State University and Southern Illinois University (Edwardsville). SIU-E reached out for an interview a couple of days ago, other than it's been silence

20 minutes ago, motorvision said:

Oklahoma, Texas A&M, University of Nebraska (Omaha), Saint Louis University. Also applied to a couple of master's programs as well at Illinois State University and Southern Illinois University (Edwardsville). SIU-E reached out for an interview a couple of days ago, other than it's been silence

I haven't heard from UNO, I am waiting to hear back from them as well.  Saint Louis has extended admissions, I saw someone on Twitter with an admission from PI: CR. That's all I know, wishing you the best of luck!

30 minutes ago, Quant-Methodz said:

I haven't heard from UNO, I am waiting to hear back from them as well.  Saint Louis has extended admissions, I saw someone on Twitter with an admission from PI: CR. That's all I know, wishing you the best of luck!

Best of luck to you as well

Hey all! Just some updates that I hope can help (mostly from Canada, sorry it's not relevant!!) in terms of when decisions are being given:

Hofstra University (US, MA): interview this week and offers out by the end of next week

Western University: offers being made this week and next week, got mine today!! 

Saint Mary's: interviews seem to be this week and next week, giving decisions 3rd week of Feb

University of Guelph: had an interview this week and invite to open house in early March

University of Windsor: email from PI for interviews next week

Hope this helps if anyone's waiting on replies to make some choices! It looks like this and next week are really picking up steam so I'm crossing my fingers for everyone to get the offers they want and end up with their top schools. Good luck everyone!!

Here are so updates I've heard so far/any helpful information I can provide!

Rice University-- Waitlisted (POIs no funding at this time) notifications are out

Texas A&M-- Acceptances have gone out, interview/recruitment weekend 2/5

University of Connecticut-- preliminary interviews, offers could go out in next week or two

Wright State University -- offers could go out in next 3 weeks, following up with phone interview for selected candidates

IUPUI -- acceptances/offers going out now/have gone out, interview/recruitment day 2/3

Portland State University -- Preliminary interviews, offers will go out in February BEFORE recruitment weekend (in March) 

Ohio University: Offers out, recruitment weekend 2/19

This is what has been relayed to me, but if you have anything to add or additional information on other programs, share with the group! :) 

6 minutes ago, motorvision said:

So all acceptances and interviews have gone out already? I know a few people who got rejected, but I haven't heard anything one way or another about my application there

I do not know if all acceptances have gone out yet, but the recruitment day was last Friday. I know my POI contacted me about acceptance (I.S.) with a formal letter to come today or Monday. 

10 minutes ago, psycholokri said:

I do not know if all acceptances have gone out yet, but the recruitment day was last Friday. I know my POI contacted me about acceptance (I.S.) with a formal letter to come today or Monday. 

Thanks for the info. I don't know if I'm being waitlisted or rejected given I just haven't heard anything, but I'll still hold out some sliver of hope until I get something definite

On 2/12/2021 at 4:46 AM, Quant-Methodz said:

Admitted to Drexel's OB 

Admitted to Temple's OB

Hello.

I just applied to pennstate as well!

Did you applied for Pennstate OB? or IO psych?

And which school is your top priority?

9 hours ago, Park gogogo said:

Hello.

I just applied to pennstate as well!

Did you applied for Pennstate OB? or IO psych?

And which school is your top priority?

Hi!

I applied to Penn State IO's program which is honestly nothing short of outstanding! The interview experience was great. With that being said, I have two schools in mind I am considering, but it will all come down to funding at this point. Realistically, I am leading to one program in particular, but I am waiting for other results of schools first to see if I am overlooking something.