Fall 2021 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD/MS

SCIOPsych

36 minutes ago, Sxm979 said:

Has anyone heard any more info from Bowling Green

I was invited to their recruitment weekend last week. I believe they will send out their offer soon

Just now, Sxm979 said:

Idk who either of you guys are, but I know I'd love to be in your grad school cohort regardless! Everyone Saturday seemed pretty awesome and I fell in love with BGSU's program quickly.

Same here! I think we are on the shortlist since no offer was made during the event, so I don't think we are guaranteed. Still, best of luck to you all! 

12 minutes ago, dinograd said:

Same here! I think we are on the shortlist since no offer was made during the event, so I don't think we are guaranteed. Still, best of luck to you all! 

No pressure, but if either of you wanted to talk about the event and/or other aspects of the application process, please feel free to PM me, I'm definitely willing to talk about it. Thanks again!

2 minutes ago, Sxm979 said:

No pressure, but if either of you wanted to talk about the event and/or other aspects of the application process, please feel free to PM me, I'm definitely willing to talk about it. Thanks again!

Same here! I'd love to have a group chat or something so we get to know everyone better!

On 2/22/2021 at 8:32 AM, psychev said:

Awesome!! I went to SDSU for my undergrad, the professors there are amazing. Sorry to hear about your rejection to Waterloo but I hope you get a spot at one of your top picks! I'm also located in California which is why SJSU and SFSU are my top choices. In state tuition was key for me since I was only applying to Master's programs. 

Nice! How did you like it? I also just got an interview invitation to Xavier last week. What other schools are you applying to? I'm guessing csulb as well? 

On 2/15/2021 at 1:02 PM, Menjerm8 said:

Anybody else who attended Akron's Feb 5th virtual visit day hear back about offers yet? 

Quoting myself in case anyone applying to Akron is here-- I reached out, got an email back saying I've been waitlisted. Could be worse I guess.

37 minutes ago, Menjerm8 said:

Quoting myself in case anyone applying to Akron is here-- I reached out, got an email back saying I've been waitlisted. Could be worse I guess.

Could you summarize the email you sent? I'm thinking about doing this myself in a week or two, but want to know how to be professional about asking. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Sxm979 said:

Could you summarize the email you sent? I'm thinking about doing this myself in a week or two, but want to know how to be professional about asking. Thanks!

You should contact Dr. Snell. I kept it short and to the point. I just said I was following up from the 2/5 virtual visit and wanted to know how decisions were coming along, and to know if I was still in the running for an offer. 

Were you there for the virtual visit on 2/5? What impression did you take from it?

4 hours ago, Menjerm8 said:

You should contact Dr. Snell. I kept it short and to the point. I just said I was following up from the 2/5 virtual visit and wanted to know how decisions were coming along, and to know if I was still in the running for an offer. 

Were you there for the virtual visit on 2/5? What impression did you take from it?

I was just wondering about etiquette in general for this; I was not at Akron's visit. I was, however, at BGSU's recruitment day this past weekend so I was wondering. Nonetheless, I hope you get in off the waitlist!

11 hours ago, Psy21 said:

To the person who just posted about being waitlisted from DePaul, may I ask if you received an email from them or you reached out to the department to inquire about your application status?

Thanks!

Hey! I received an email from the program director about being placed on the waitlist. They had over 80 applications and will only be accepting 3 students (per the email). 

2 hours ago, CheckingThingsOut said:

Has anyone heard anything from Mankato State, St. Cloud State, or Middle Tennessee?

I've received an email from a professor at Tennessee that said the program was interested in me but that they were not making decisions until late March / early April. 

I just got an email today for an interview with Mankato State. I hope this helps!

5 hours ago, psycholokri said:

Hey! I received an email from the program director about being placed on the waitlist. They had over 80 applications and will only be accepting 3 students (per the email). 

Thanks for response. 

Yes, I have heard that they usually admit only 3 students every year. 

All the best! 

Edited by Psy21
Typo

Hi all,

I just needed a space to squeal....I was accepted to my #1 program of choice today!!!  Claremont Graduate University's Master's program in Positive Organizational Psychology & Evaluation.  I know, I know, that positive psychology and its founder are not highly regarded in the I/O space but its foundation in CBT and Beck's work are so meaningful to me. 

Also, for anyone who cares to look into their programs, I felt incredibly supported throughout the entire application process.  Every email was answered promptly.  Every info session was helpful.  They even offered to read my SOP and provide feedback on it.  I took them up on this offer and think it really helped.   As someone who is 10 years out of undergrad (BA, Psychology) and has worked in a different field since, I'm honestly really f-ing proud of myself.  And we should all be no matter how we look on paper!

2 hours ago, psycholokri said:

Officially attending Texas A&M University!!! WOW y'all. Third time is the charm!!

Good luck to you all as you complete applications and feel free to message me if you are also going to Texas A&M this fall :) 

Congrats! Did you find out today?