DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

3 hours ago, maiden said:

hi,my application status has just changed from "preselection made" to "selection made".

Does anyone have any idea what does it mean?

Hi, may I ask to which funding did you apply and also from which country, if you don't mind? thanks :)
Plus I don't know what it exactly means but I'm sure you'll get the official anouncement within max.  3 weeks, I suppose. 

6 hours ago, esraC said:

Hi, may I ask to which funding did you apply and also from which country, if you don't mind? thanks :)
Plus I don't know what it exactly means but I'm sure you'll get the official anouncement within max.  3 weeks, I suppose. 

I applied to Postgraduate in the Field of Music from Japan.

In our case there's no interview, only with documents and performance videos.

I hope it's good sign…

16 hours ago, maiden said:

hi,my application status has just changed from "preselection made" to "selection made".

Hi, my application status changed to ‘’selection made’’ a week ago as well. According to the comments here it means that they made the final decision but we can still get a rejection. Btw I also applied for Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Music. I am cellist from Turkey. It was nice to hear from a musician on this forum. Wish you the best!

Hi everyone! 

I am from Russia. I applied for DAAD scholarship for all disciplines in November. Today I checked my application status and it hasn’t been changed since November - Application submitted.

It is so frustrating because there are no information on when the results will be released and whether there would be an interview this year. As far as I know, there’s always an interview in March for Russian applicants but this year nobody has received anything until now. 

I just sent a letter to the coordinator in Russian office and I’ll keep you updated in case I get any feedback from her. 

Good luck to everyone! 

Hello people.

I applied for DAAD scholarship for all disciplines in August 2nd 2020. The deadline was August 30th 2020 if I remember correctly.  I applied while I already had an admission for a master degree which started in Winter 2020. I did one semester already and I am in Germany. Two days ago, I received an email to check my messages in the portal. I checked and I found result round letter. I was informed that they awarded me a 24 months scholarship. Also, they mentioned that I have to accept by 21 March 2021 by sending a note via the portal. I am confused as to how to send that note. is it under NEW MESSAGE in Application and Funding Overview?

FYI, I remember my application status changed to preselection made in December 2020, and although I received this message from them it still has not changed to accepted or anything. Does it change to anything else? Does this mean that their decision is final? 

22 hours ago, maiden said:

mine is still preselection made and they have already told me that I was awarded 24 months scholarship. 

14 minutes ago, shehabshalan said:

Hello people.

I applied for DAAD scholarship for all disciplines in August 2nd 2020. The deadline was August 30th 2020 if I remember correctly.  I applied while I already had an admission for a master degree which started in Winter 2020. I did one semester already and I am in Germany. Two days ago, I received an email to check my messages in the portal. I checked and I found result round letter. I was informed that they awarded me a 24 months scholarship. Also, they mentioned that I have to accept by 21 March 2021 by sending a note via the portal. I am confused as to how to send that note. is it under NEW MESSAGE in Application and Funding Overview?

FYI, I remember my application status changed to preselection made in December 2020, and although I received this message from them it still has not changed to accepted or anything. Does it change to anything else? Does this mean that their decision is final? 

If there is no special application regarding the confirmation under "Navigation menu" on the left under "Application and Funding Overview", then sending a "New message" should be fine. Also, congratulations! Which country did you apply from?

6 hours ago, subeko said:

Hi, my application status changed to ‘’selection made’’ a week ago as well. According to the comments here it means that they made the final decision but we can still get a rejection. Btw I also applied for Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Music. I am cellist from Turkey. It was nice to hear from a musician on this forum. Wish you the best!

Thank you for your comment.

I hope my application is not going to be rejected.

I'm happy to hear that. Wish you the best too :)

7 minutes ago, ImyImy said:

If there is no special application regarding the confirmation under "Navigation menu" on the left under "Application and Funding Overview", then sending a "New message" should be fine. Also, congratulations! Which country did you apply from?

Hey, thanks for replying. in the Navigation menu there under Options -> Submit document regarding the application. I will do both as it is not clear to me. 

I am from Yemen, but I applied while I was in Malaysia because I did my bachelor degree there. 

5 hours ago, Sofiia Kuchumova said:

Hi everyone! 

I am from Russia. I applied for DAAD scholarship for all disciplines in November. Today I checked my application status and it hasn’t been changed since November - Application submitted.

It is so frustrating because there are no information on when the results will be released and whether there would be an interview this year. As far as I know, there’s always an interview in March for Russian applicants but this year nobody has received anything until now. 

I just sent a letter to the coordinator in Russian office and I’ll keep you updated in case I get any feedback from her. 

Good luck to everyone! 

Well, I received the feedback from the DAAD coordinator in Moscow. She said that there were 750 applicants this year in Russia and only 100 of them got an interview in Feb - March. I wasn’t on that short list. She asked me to be patient and wait for an official letter in April but I guess there is no reason to keep waiting anything if you haven’t gotten through pre-selection. 

5 hours ago, Sofiia Kuchumova said:

Hi everyone! 

Good luck to everyone! 

Hello. I have applied the same scholarship too. I am from Greece and today i had a message from daad about an interview at April 1st. Do you know what does this mean?

Just now, Mikrouthomas said:

Hello. I have applied the same scholarship too. I am from Greece and today i had a message from daad about an interview at April 1st. Do you know what does this mean?

Hey! Congrats! It means that they’ve preselected your candidacy and you’ll need to have an interview with them. After that they’ll make their final decision 

1 hour ago, Sofiia Kuchumova said:

Hey! Congrats! It means that they’ve preselected your candidacy and you’ll need to have an interview with them. After that they’ll make their final decision 

Thanks a lot Sofiia . Do you have any idea about the content of the interview?

6 hours ago, shehabshalan said:

Hello people.

Yes, choose a NEW MESSAGE in Application and Funding Overview, then select a topic of " scholarship related issues" and send your confirmation as they said...

you can contact Mr.Fathy (for middle east region) to check, you'll find his number in the letter they sent you 

BTW, for those applying for applied for DAAD scholarship for all disciplines with the deadline on 31st August, results were released already

Good luck for all

19 minutes ago, SlowM0 said:

Yes, choose a NEW MESSAGE in Application and Funding Overview, then select a topic of " scholarship related issues" and send your confirmation as they said...

you can contact Mr.Fathy (for middle east region) to check, you'll find his number in the letter they sent you 

BTW, for those applying for applied for DAAD scholarship for all disciplines with the deadline on 31st August, results were released already

Good luck for all

Hey, thanks for replying. Well, I did that but I chose Financial Affairs. I will select the one you mentioned and send again. Thanks again and good luck to everyone.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, nowaytosay said:

hey! i applied for that program as well, rare to see someone who was also applying to art and design.

best of luck and lets keep each other updated

I wonder if our program has an interview session or not... I haven't heard anything about interview procedure from Art,Design program until now.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:39 AM, maiden said:

I applied to Postgraduate in the Field of Music from Japan.

In our case there's no interview, only with documents and performance videos.

I hope it's good sign…

seems like extremely good sign : )