DSW 2021

DSWstudentTSSW

As we all wait for an updated word on your acceptances, I'll give you all an update on my avoidance. I stopped avoiding and wrote my midterm papers. (one is done, the other is at 80% but I still have a few days)

Fingers crossed the next update is good news from one of you and not me rambling about how I wrote something!

17 hours ago, EJM said:

Fingers crossed the next update is good news from one of you and not me rambling about how I wrote something!

The next post is me rambling... 

Anyone else at the Psychotherapy Networker Symposium? I started a thread about it to expand beyond the few of us here but seeing as how you need a professional degree I am doubting that I will get much attention on it. Linked it anyhow.

On 3/17/2021 at 6:26 PM, EJM said:

As we all wait for an updated word on your acceptances, I'll give you all an update on my avoidance. I stopped avoiding and wrote my midterm papers. (one is done, the other is at 80% but I still have a few days)

Yay midterms ? 

I’m in the process of grading midterms. I wasn’t able to make an NASW Legislative Action Committee meeting today because I was elbow deep in grading. It has been a good distraction from stressing too much about my interview tomorrow. 

17 hours ago, DSWHopeful2021 said:

Yay midterms ? 

I’m in the process of grading midterms. I wasn’t able to make an NASW Legislative Action Committee meeting today because I was elbow deep in grading. It has been a good distraction from stressing too much about my interview tomorrow. 

I both am looking forward to the day I get to start grading some midterms and also am already tired of reading them ?

I just got hit with a moment of wishing I knew everyone here better, I realize how little of ourselves is incorporated in these conversations but I still feel super excited for everyone almost as if we were talking about it over coffee. You're on a Legislative Action Committee and are grading papers! that's fantastic!! Can we start a union please? (I know that's a potentially loaded question but can't seem to help myself) 

30 minutes ago, CC_F said:

Has anyone heard back from Penn yet after completing the interview? I’ve spent the last week going over and over it in my head, thought it went great and now have convinced myself otherwise ??‍♀️

The past 2 years it seems like they have not made formal announcements (either way) until mid April (for the DSW).  

How was your interview? 

Ah gotcha, that’s what my interviewer said too. I need to just sit back and chill.

I think it went well, truly. Pretty standard line of questioning, but felt very conversational and not intense. I felt we connected on clinical passions, but I worried I was rambling at one point when asked about my therapeutic interventions. I’m sure that everyone second guesses, that’s just human nature right? 

5 minutes ago, DSWHopeful2021 said:

The past 2 years it seems like they have not made formal announcements (either way) until mid April (for the DSW).  

How was your interview? 

•  

Ah gotcha, that’s what my interviewer said too. I need to just sit back and chill.

I think it went well, truly. Pretty standard line of questioning, but felt very conversational and not intense. I felt we connected on clinical passions, but I worried I was rambling at one point when asked about my therapeutic interventions. I’m sure that everyone second guesses, that’s just human nature right

3 hours ago, CC_F said:

•  

I think it went well, truly. Pretty standard line of questioning, but felt very conversational and not intense. I felt we connected on clinical passions, but I worried I was rambling at one point when asked about my therapeutic interventions. I’m sure that everyone second guesses, that’s just human nature right

Yeah - confirmed that they’ll decide in mid April. Sounds like they have a very thorough process. 
I’m fairly certain I rambled.  

Good luck! ?

On 2/3/2021 at 9:54 AM, susangardner said:

Hi everyone! I'm working on my essay now, and Im really excited about going back to school. I received my MSW in 2015 from NYU.  

If I already said this, whoops, but I graduated from NYU in 14', we could have met!

On 3/20/2021 at 10:07 PM, ninja650r said:

Damn, no interview at Penn yet. Anyone applying to Alabama?

totally off subject, but is your name a motorcycle reference? 

On 3/19/2021 at 2:46 PM, CC_F said:

•  

Oops, I quoted the wrong person - so sorry. 

Edited by DSWHopeful2021

8 hours ago, ninja650r said:

Right before the deadline, so little worried as by this time last year I had an interview.

I’ll likely apply again next cycle, if I don’t get in. Already thinking about what I would change about my application + get more interview practice. (Downside of staying with employers for 5+ years, not a lot of recent interview practice.. ?

5 hours ago, SWagain said:

I did! And now...I wait ?

I would imagine it’s a pretty popular program. Flexible, micro or macro (granted I’m a fan of integrated practice). Plus the cost! Great bargain for an R1 school. My grandparents lived in Alabama (grandfather was stationed at Maxwell AFB down in Montgomery) so I spent a lot of my summers there. You and Ninja will have to keep us posted on the process. ?❤️

Edited by DSWHopeful2021

Of all the programs you all have applied too, do they give you time off? Summer? spring break? more than 3 weeks in winter? whatever other time people often or normally get... I'm so tired and I'm not sure if I have more than 2 weeks between the end of Spring and the start of Summer.

3 hours ago, EJM said:

Of all the programs you all have applied too, do they give you time off? Summer? spring break? more than 3 weeks in winter? whatever other time people often or normally get... I'm so tired and I'm not sure if I have more than 2 weeks between the end of Spring and the start of Summer.

Penn gives you a summer break. I think July and most of August, if I remember correctly. 

i think a lot of the programs go straight through. With 1-2 weeks between semesters. 

Edited by DSWHopeful2021