2021 International Biomedical Applicants

Blood Type C8H10N4O2

7 minutes ago, jakeperalta said:

Hey don't lost hope! I applied to 9 schools and have only had 2 rejections and no interview requests so far! I also applied to UCLA IMMP and haven't heard back -- keep hoping, I am sure something will work out!

Thanks! I really appreciate the support especially during these hard times ❤️ 

10 hours ago, wings101 said:

ahh i applied to UCB.... im guessing i got rejected then :(

Hey don't lose hope. I am sure you will get into one of the schools you want. I was actually hoping to apply for UCSD too but they rejected my pre-application so never got a chance to apply. I am still waiting to hear from UCLA and UCB now. UCB has gone radio silent after my 15 min interview, it been 2 weeks now so I am guessing I got rejected there. ?

Hi guys, slightly late to the thread. (only recently discovered gradcafe). I am an international student with a Bsc in Biomedical science applying to biomed and microbiology programs. I have applied to Emory, Drexel, GSU, FIU, Princeton and Yale. 

Please let me know if anyone hears back from these. (At least no news isn't bad news :D)

4 hours ago, TiredandBroke said:

Saw 2 people (International w/ US Degree) post UTSW Invites ?

Anyone else hear back or were they trolls? 

I haven't heard anything either :(

Are you also interviewing with UMass Amherst? Or is it UMass Med? 

I had written to the admission office of UTSW:

Hello,

I am an International applicant and had submitted my secondary application to the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences prior to the deadline. Can you kindly give me an update on my application? Are you done sending out invites for interview?

They wrote back saying:

Thank you for your email and application to the Graduate School. The Graduate School’s review process is ongoing. Should they have a status update for you on your application, you will hear from their office directly. Please monitor your email for future correspondence from the Graduate School regarding your application status. Interview invites will go out on a rolling basis.

-----‐-----------------------------------------

I am copy pasting the correspondence to avoid confusion. Hope this helps.

20 minutes ago, justwanttogosomewhere said:

Hi, I also have an interview with UMass Med on a later date. How did your interview go? Any idea what will be their intake size this year? Any information would be really helpful.. Thanks a ton 

I think it went well but I wont know until they let me know their decision haha. Obviously the interview depends on the professors you' re interviewing with. I believe they take in around 50-60 students but I think they give out more offers since not everyone matriculates. They didnt mention if they take a specific number of International students. They do rolling admissions so they said they'd let us know within a week or two of the interview.

2 hours ago, TiredandBroke said:

I think it went well but I wont know until they let me know their decision haha. Obviously the interview depends on the professors you' re interviewing with. I believe they take in around 50-60 students but I think they give out more offers since not everyone matriculates. They didnt mention if they take a specific number of International students. They do rolling admissions so they said they'd let us know within a week or two of the interview.

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully, everything works for you!! Good luck and fingers crossed.. 

Hey everyone! Kinda late to this but I'm also an international student with a BA in Biochem and I applied to MCB and Micro/Immunology programs. I applied to UW (Pathobio and MCB), Columbia (CMBS), NYU (Bio and Vilcek), UCSF, Stanford (Micro/Immuno), Cornell and Dartmouth

I got rejected from UW MCB and UCSF. Assuming rejections from Cornell and Stanford too cause I haven't heard back and got interviews at the rest of the places. Any info about Stanford specifically?

19 minutes ago, seattleth said:

Hey everyone! Kinda late to this but I'm also an international student with a BA in Biochem and I applied to MCB and Micro/Immunology programs. I applied to UW (Pathobio and MCB), Columbia (CMBS), NYU (Bio and Vilcek), UCSF, Stanford (Micro/Immuno), Cornell and Dartmouth

I got rejected from UW MCB and UCSF. Assuming rejections from Cornell and Stanford too cause I haven't heard back and got interviews at the rest of the places. Any info about Stanford specifically?

Hey did you apply to Micro or Immunology and Inflammation at NYU Vilcek and did you get an interview? And if you did, when did you get it?

31 minutes ago, seattleth said:

Hello, congrats on the interview at Columbia. I applied to that program too, do you know if they are done sending invites?

1 minute ago, jakeperalta said:

Damn, I know myself and a couple of others haven't heard yet -- if you don't mind sharing, did they give you a couple of choice for the dates?

Ugh sorry! Interview dates in the email are 01/25 for a welcome session and either 01/26 or 01/29 for individual interviews :( 

2 minutes ago, seattleth said:

Ugh sorry! Interview dates in the email are 01/25 for a welcome session and either 01/26 or 01/29 for individual interviews :( 

Ah ok! I heard that they're offering interviews anytime between Dec and Feb as they have dates into March so still hopeful~ Makes sense that you got an email in Dec since you're interviewing soon! Good luck and I hope you do great!

13 hours ago, TiredandBroke said:

UMass Med in Worcester, I did the interview on Friday (the 15th)

Ahh okay! I had applied there too, but I haven't heard back so I am assuming I might be rejected. How did your interview go? How many faculty did you interview with? 

hi,

I am an International student. I applied to PhD program of Microbiology and Immunology at University of Pittsburgh . I haven't got any response from university Since I filed my application in September,2020.  Th website says the interviews for this program will be held on 22-23 january,2021 and 29-30 january,2021.  They has been no update on the portal. Please tell if anyone has applied to same program and heard back from the department.

Thanks