2021 International Biomedical Applicants

Blood Type C8H10N4O2

I am an international student with non-US degree. I applied to the following Neuroscience PhD programs:

- Harvard PiN.

- Yale INP.

- UPenn NGG.

- WashU in St. Louis.

- Stanford.

- UCSD.

-UCSF.

Unfortunately, I did not hear back from anyone of them. Most of those programs have sent invitations to domestic students, but I am not sure if international students will receive invitations later.

I assume I got rejected. 

I am an international student with non-US degree. I applied to the following Neuroscience PhD programs:

- Harvard PiN, Yale INP, UPenn NGG, WashU in St. Louis, Stanford, UCSD, and UCSF.

Unfortunately, I did not hear back from anyone of them. Most of those programs have sent invitations to domestic students, but I am not sure if international students will receive invitations later.

I assume I got rejected. 

I am an international student with non-US degree in medicine. I applied to the following Neuroscience PhD programs:

- Harvard PiN, Yale INP, UPenn NGG, WashU in St. Louis, Stanford, UCSD, and UCSF.

I assume I got rejected. 

I am an international student with non-US degree in medicine. I applied to the following Neuroscience PhD programs:

I assume I got rejected. 

I am an international student with non-US degree in medicine. I applied to the following Neuroscience PhD programs: (Harvard PiN, Yale INP, UPenn NGG, WashU in St. Louis, Stanford, UCSD, and UCSF).

Unfortunately, I did not hear back from anyone of them. Most of those programs have sent invitations to domestic students, but I am not sure if international students will receive invitations later. I assume I got rejected. 

International application with US undergrad. BS in aerospace engineering.

4 papers published (3th/4th author in three of them and 2nd in a biorxiv preprint that is under review at a IF ~25 journal).

1 summer intern at automobile company, manager wrote me a strong letter. (I the time I thought I would be a car engineering).

13 months of undergrad research (30 hr a week average and full time in one summer). Apparently very strong rec from PI. Three papers from this.

17 months full time research after graduation at a Harvard lab. Inherited 1 project and was the experimental lead (2nd author preprint, and 1st author in prep). currently leading two projects (will be sole 1st author in one and co 1st author in the other). 

I'm applying to both engineering and biology/biophysics programs.

Caltech BE (talked to an applied physics prof before applying but he is not on admission committee of BE)

Stanford BE

Harvard SSQBio/BBS/BE (No interview from BBS I guess that is a rejection)

MIT BE/Biology/Media lab (got one interview from one of my POI at Media Lab)

Princeton MAE (invited for short interview)

Berkeley Biophysics (Talked to a prof on admission committee and he likes me, no interview)

UChicago PME

Yale BE

CMU BME

Gatech BE

USC BME

26 minutes ago, PapaSeanL said:

International application with US undergrad. BS in aerospace engineering.

4 papers published (3th/4th author in three of them and 2nd in a biorxiv preprint that is under review at a IF ~25 journal).

1 summer intern at automobile company, manager wrote me a strong letter. (I the time I thought I would be a car engineering).

13 months of undergrad research (30 hr a week average and full time in one summer). Apparently very strong rec from PI. Three papers from this.

17 months full time research after graduation at a Harvard lab. Inherited 1 project and was the experimental lead (2nd author preprint, and 1st author in prep). currently leading two projects (will be sole 1st author in one and co 1st author in the other). 

I'm applying to both engineering and biology/biophysics programs.

Caltech BE (talked to an applied physics prof before applying but he is not on admission committee of BE)

Stanford BE

Harvard SSQBio/BBS/BE (No interview from BBS I guess that is a rejection)

MIT BE/Biology/Media lab (got one interview from one of my POI at Media Lab)

Princeton MAE (invited for short interview)

Berkeley Biophysics (Talked to a prof on admission committee and he likes me, no interview)

UChicago PME

Yale BE

CMU BME

Gatech BE

USC BME

BME and biomedical program are very different... a lot of engineering program don't require interview and their interview is more a formality and some programs don't have rotations.... I would suggest caution against the information you get here. 

5 hours ago, Sky_china said:

BME and biomedical program are very different... a lot of engineering program don't require interview and their interview is more a formality and some programs don't have rotations.... I would suggest caution against the information you get here. 

Thanks! For sure. I just realized how BE/BME heavy my applications are...

2 hours ago, jakeperalta said:

Has anyone heard from WashU DBBS? Specifically the microbiology track? I see a couple of rejections, but I didn't get anything........

I just received an email to check the decision letter on website and it is a rejection

14 minutes ago, jakeperalta said:

Damn I'm so sorry -- I'm refreshing like crazy because I'm terrified T_T -- when did you apply and for what track? If you don't mind me asking?

I applied for immunology track and submitted my application on Dec 1st.

Hi, guys!

Hope you all get admitted from the graduate schools!

I am an international student outside the USA and I applied to Yale(Microbiology), Columbia(Microbiology and Immunology), Rockefeller, JHU(BCMB), Cornell(Microbiology), Weill Cornell(Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis), Upenn(CMB), UCSD(Biological Sciences), UC Berkeley(Infectious diseases),Scripps, UIUC(MCB-Microbiology),  U-Wisconsin, Madison(Microbiology), and UTSW.

Is there anyone who got an interview from those schools?

I didn't get any response from those programs and it is a really hard time to wait for getting interviews... 

Hi all!!
It's really great to find a pool for international students and specially on biomedical science PhD program. 
I am also an international student with non-USA degrees. I have applied in total 09 programs and till date received invitation from University of Maryland, MMI program. 

I would be glad to know if anyone received updates/ invitations for the programs mentioned below. 
1. University of Washington (Pathobiology)
2. University of Texas Health and Science Center-San Antonio (BSP)
3. Case Western Reserve University (BSTP)
4. University of Georgia (Cellular Biology)
5. University of Utah (Molecular Biology)
6. Drexel University (Microbiology & Immunology)
7. University of Nebraska Medical Center (IGPBS)
8. Rutgers University (I3)

Thank you all and I wish everyone gets into their dream school. Waiting ain't easy!!

Edited by FTJ27

1 hour ago, FTJ27 said:

Hi all!!
It's really great to find a pool for international students and specially on biomedical science PhD program. 
I am also an international student with non-USA degrees. I have applied in total 09 programs and till date received invitation from University of Maryland, MMI program. 

I would be glad to know if anyone received updates/ invitations for the programs mentioned below. 

Thank you all and I wish everyone gets into their dream school. Waiting ain't easy!!

I applied to Drexel and got an interview invite at like the end of December but it was the Pharm Phys program. But I believe all Biomed Graduate groups are in the same interview. I also applied to UMaryland’s MMI program but no invite so far. When did you hear from them?

21 minutes ago, Debugging_Queen said:

I applied to Drexel and got an interview invite at like the end of December but it was the Pharm Phys program. But I believe all Biomed Graduate groups are in the same interview. I also applied to UMaryland’s MMI program but no invite so far. When did you hear from them?

Great to know about your Drexel University invitation.
I have got email from UMSOM during Mid December.

7 hours ago, FTJ27 said:

Hi all!!

I also applied the I3 track at Rutgers. I got an e-mail (on Dec 24th 2020) saying that I will be contacted around the first week of Jan with a formal invitation for recruitment events.

14 hours ago, FTJ27 said:

Hi all!!

I heard back from Utah Mol Bio in December for an interview, it’s in late Feb. Congrats on the interview at Maryland!