2021 International Biomedical Applicants

Blood Type C8H10N4O2

8 hours ago, TiredandBroke said:

Im an International student with an American degree, currently applying for US PhD Programs.

I've applied to Vanderbilt, Duke, UNC, UTSW, BCM, WashU, UWash, UMass, URochester and UPenn.

So far, heard back from Vanderbilt for an interview.

Would you mind sharing when did you submit your application for Vandy? I also applied to IGP in BBS but no progress yet. 

Btw, when will be Vanderbilt interview weekend? 

Thank you so much for creating an international student forum. I am an international student with US Masters degree. Received call from Rutgers (Molecular Biosciences) and Brandeis University (MCB- preinterview to know more about me for about 30 mins zoom call). 

Hope everyone gets into good schools. Anyone else interviewing for Rutgers?    

Thank you so much for starting this topic. I got the B.S from a university in US and I applied to 11 schools. 

Upenn( IGG), Yale ( BBS), USC ( PIBBS), BU ( biomedical science), UCONN( biomedical science), Rochester (immunology), Uwashington( immunology), UCD( immunology), Cornell( BMCB), NYU ( molecular oncology),Columbia ( biomedical) 

I am still waiting for the invitation of interview from any of those programs, and if anyone get the invitation someday before, please reply to me. BTW, Does anybody know if the admission offices in some programs will send out the invitation for domestic students firstly ( like separate from international students?) Will the invites be sent out at once or during multiple days.

( actually, I am super nervous right now). 

15 hours ago, jill1997 said:

Would you mind sharing when did you submit your application for Vandy? I also applied to IGP in BBS but no progress yet. 

Btw, when will be Vanderbilt interview weekend? 

I submitted it around 10th November. And there are a few options,I think Jan 29th, and early February are left. 

Just now, MolecularBioSteven said:

Did anyone with the international background heard from Harvard BBS about the interview? I don't know whether we international students will receive the email later than the domestic students. Please reply if you have any information, thanks!

I didn’t. I honestly doubt many domestic students heard back.

Thanks for this thread. Currently studying in the US.

I applied to Loyola Uni (Immunology), Drexel (Pharm&Physio), Penn State (Immunology), Uni of Maryland (Immunology), Thomas Jefferson(Immunology), UPENN(IGG), Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (MMI) and Mayo (Immunology).

No invites yet but I haven't heard of invites for most of these schools from others except Penn. Has anyone heard anything?

Hello, thanks for the thread! I'm also an international student, currently an undergrad in the US (Ivy).

I applied to Cornell (BBS), UPenn (CAMB), UCSF (Biomed sci), Mt Sinai (Biomed sci), Harvard (Virology), Yale (Microbio), Stanford (Microbio & Immuno)

I have only heard back from UPenn on 12 Dec for an interview so far.

Looking forward to good news for all of us!

Hi all, I am from South Asia with some research experience in the UK. I applied to Harvard BBS, UPenn BMB and Vanderbilt Biological Sciences. All are lofty reaches but if you never try you never know I guess. Hoping this week has good news in store for all of us so we can relax over Christmas!

23 hours ago, wwllq said:

Thanks for starting this topic for international students! I am an international students with U.S B.A and M.S degrees, and I am currently working in a lab at an Ivy school. I have applied to 17 schools (Micro & immuno & infectious diseases tracks) but haven't heard anything from them.. I submitted my applications close the deadline, so I hope I won't be rejected to all of them?...

Just heard from Indiana University (IBMG program)! First interview and hope more are on the way?...I applied to the microbiology & immunology track within the IBMG and submitted my application on Nov 30th.

Edited by wwllq

1 hour ago, Immuno_Emma said:

Congratulations! I haven’t heard anything and I applied to the same track. I wonder if they’ll send invites in waves 

Thank you! I am super excited!! I assumed that they may send out invites in waves as per their previous years. 

Thank you for this topic! I am an international student with US MPH degree and currently working at the WashU.

Did anyone hear from WashU DBBS (HSG track)? The website writes HSG interview date is Jan 8th. My application status is currently under review. 

I got an interview offer from UFL (Epi program) yesterday.