2021 International Biomedical Applicants

Blood Type C8H10N4O2

On 12/28/2020 at 3:55 AM, MicroPhD2021 said:

Hi, guys!

Hope you all get admitted from the graduate schools!

I am an international student outside the USA and I applied to Yale(Microbiology), Columbia(Microbiology and Immunology), Rockefeller, JHU(BCMB), Cornell(Microbiology), Weill Cornell(Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis), Upenn(CMB), UCSD(Biological Sciences), UC Berkeley(Infectious diseases),Scripps, UIUC(MCB-Microbiology),  U-Wisconsin, Madison(Microbiology), and UTSW.

Is there anyone who got an interview from those schools?

I didn't get any response from those programs and it is a really hard time to wait for getting interviews... 

I also applied to Scripps and haven't heard anything back yet. I saw there are some people received invitations before the holidays. Hopefully Scripps are still sending out interviews.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:30 PM, SalamNeuro said:

I am an international student with non-US degree. I applied to the following Neuroscience PhD programs:

- Harvard PiN.

- Yale INP.

- UPenn NGG.

- WashU in St. Louis.

- Stanford.

- UCSD.

-UCSF.

Unfortunately, I did not hear back from anyone of them. Most of those programs have sent invitations to domestic students, but I am not sure if international students will receive invitations later.

I assume I got rejected. 

i got rejected from UCSF on the 18th december 

On 12/28/2020 at 12:55 AM, MicroPhD2021 said:

Hi, guys!

Hope you all get admitted from the graduate schools!

I am an international student outside the USA and I applied to Yale(Microbiology), Columbia(Microbiology and Immunology), Rockefeller, JHU(BCMB), Cornell(Microbiology), Weill Cornell(Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis), Upenn(CMB), UCSD(Biological Sciences), UC Berkeley(Infectious diseases),Scripps, UIUC(MCB-Microbiology),  U-Wisconsin, Madison(Microbiology), and UTSW.

Is there anyone who got an interview from those schools?

I didn't get any response from those programs and it is a really hard time to wait for getting interviews... 

Yeah, Scripps already sent out their international invitations on the 24th of Dec from both their campuses. Think UTSW will do so sometime next week or the week after. They sent out some secondary applications for their international students back in the first week of Dec. 

Edited by DANNiBoy

On 12/22/2020 at 10:31 AM, wwllq said:

Same here! Haven't heard anything from NYU and I submitted my application on Dec 1st :)...I hope it means that this program haven't sent out invitations for international students!

Have you heard anything from NYU yet?

9 hours ago, corticostriatal said:

Anyone heard back from Yale BBS? In the other thread ppl said they sent out mass invitations this morning. Tho I’m not sure if that includes international students...

Hey, I applied to Yale BBS Immunology track. I just finished the interview with Yale committee yesterday. I don't know if they are done sending all invites. Keep your faith and if you need any advices on interview, please feel free to ask. 

On 1/8/2021 at 8:11 AM, TiredandBroke said:

Has any international heard back from UTSW? I saw some posts saying they send out our invites in Jan but im not sure how true it is. Thanks

I haven't. They sent me a secondary application back in December and turned silent after I submitted that 

International student with 2 publications, 3 years of research experience, and a full scholarship for my undergraduate education.

Applied to

1. MD Anderson

2. NYU GSAS

3. UCLA

4. UC Davis

5. Boston University

Has anyone received interviews for these schools?

Got rejected by UCLA on January 10th, '21 .

2 hours ago, L-Dopamean said:

International student with 2 publications, 3 years of research experience, and a full scholarship for my undergraduate education.

Applied to

1. MD Anderson

2. NYU GSAS

3. UCLA

4. UC Davis

5. Boston University

Has anyone received interviews for these schools?

Got rejected by UCLA on January 10th, '21 .

Hey I also applied to NYU and UCLA! What programs did you select for them? 

10 hours ago, jakeperalta said:

Hey I also applied to NYU and UCLA! What programs did you select for them? 

UCLA : Molecular,Cellular, and Integrative Physiology

NYU GSAS : Biology (it is an umbrella program and you have to do rotations). Did you hear back from GSAS yet?