2021 International Biomedical Applicants

Blood Type C8H10N4O2

9 minutes ago, NeuroPhDInd said:

Vanderbilt, Yale, and Duke said they are done inviting for interviews. I am running on zero. 

Hi! Do you know which program of Vandy is it? 

2 minutes ago, NeuroPhDInd said:

Nope...I applied to the same...planning to write to them next week. Let us know if u hear something. 

Thanks. I applied for IGP as well. Sorry I didn't understand, was it Dr. Bowman who said there would be no more invites? 

3 hours ago, Debugging_Queen said:

Has any international student gotten an invite from Penn IGG? It’s mainly domestic students on the results page.

for a reference upenn gcb only invites 4 international stuends to interviw.  I think iGG would be a little more but not by much so its very likely that not a lot of result on the result page indeed

6 minutes ago, Sky_china said:

for a reference upenn gcb only invites 4 international stuends to interviw.  I think iGG would be a little more but not by much so its very likely that not a lot of result on the result page indeed

How many domestic students do they invite? I’m trying to see what that ratio would look like for ngg

1 hour ago, Elephantonly said:

How many domestic students do they invite? I’m trying to see what that ratio would look like for ngg

I am not sure how many domestic student they invite... but the class is around 10 people I have told ?  

On 1/15/2021 at 10:23 AM, NeuroPhDInd said:

The IGP one. The one that had 15th Dec as deadline.

Vanderbilt used to have a separate interview date for international applicants so you should confirm if they are done inviting people for this track. They interviewed all international applicants on the same date while domestic applicants had more options.

Hi All,

Just thought of introducing myself. I am an international student with US-Master's degree working currently at UCSF. 

Applied: 17 schools (UCSF BMS, UC Berkeley MCB, Stanford, UCLA, UC Santa Cruz, GSK, Rockefeller, Northwestern, UMass Amherst, UMass Med, UTSW, UT Houston MD Anderson, UT-Austin, NYU, Mt. Sinai Icahn school, Rutgers)

Interview: Rutgers, UC Santa Cruz, UMass Amherst

UC Berkeley 15 min prelim interview given. 

Rejected: UCSF, GSK, Rockefeller, UT Houston MD Anderson.

Still waiting to hear back from all other schools. 

12 hours ago, CRISPRitout said:

Hi All,

Just thought of introducing myself. I am an international student with US-Master's degree working currently at UCSF. 

Applied: 17 schools (UCSF BMS, UC Berkeley MCB, Stanford, UCLA, UC Santa Cruz, GSK, Rockefeller, Northwestern, UMass Amherst, UMass Med, UTSW, UT Houston MD Anderson, UT-Austin, NYU, Mt. Sinai Icahn school, Rutgers)

Interview: Rutgers, UC Santa Cruz, UMass Amherst

UC Berkeley 15 min prelim interview given. 

Rejected: UCSF, GSK, Rockefeller, UT Houston MD Anderson.

Still waiting to hear back from all other schools. 

ahh i applied to UCB.... im guessing i got rejected then :(

11 minutes ago, wings101 said:

I've pretty much accepted I got rejected from all my schools :( I only applied to 4 but thats cause I knew those were the schools I for sure wanted to go to plus money... 

Hey don't lost hope! I applied to 9 schools and have only had 2 rejections and no interview requests so far! I also applied to UCLA IMMP and haven't heard back -- keep hoping, I am sure something will work out!