2021 International Biomedical Applicants

Blood Type C8H10N4O2

7 hours ago, DipraD said:

Has any international students get invitation from the UCSD Biosciences??

I haven't heard back at all for biological sciences

Edited by wings101

8 hours ago, DipraD said:

Has any international students get invitation from the UCSD Biosciences??

I haven’t heard anything either. But I think it’s a rejection because one of their interview dates already passed, and the next is Feb 4-5th. If they had to invite they would have. Seems like all of their invites went out in dec.

Has anyone heard literally anything from U Wisconsin Madison MDTP? I submitted my app 29th Nov and have heard nothing -- my portal still says my app will be reviewed. In previous cycles, they've been super early in sending invites and rejections and this year is so off I'm confused!

Have any international students heard back from Emory, Princeton, Yale, GSU, Drexel or FIU? I also applied in November and haven't had any replies from any institution. 

To anyone here applying to the Princeton MolBio. I received an email from their admissions department today saying that they will be emailing decisions in the first two weeks of March. 

This makes me curious as to why I am seeing people already accepted in the results page?

To anyone here applying to the Princeton MolBio. I received an email from their admissions department today saying that they will be emailing decisions in the first two weeks of March. 

This makes me curious as to why I am seeing people already accepted in the results page?

45 minutes ago, CRISPRitout said:

Anyone heard from Stanford, Harvard, UC Berkeley, UCLA 

Apparently Stanford is done sending out interview calls. Idk if this includes international students as well. Anyway they have written in their website that if an applicant has not heard till early February its mostly a rejection. 

Didn't apply to the rest.

15 hours ago, HJB_4 said:

Have any international students heard back from Emory, Princeton, Yale, GSU, Drexel or FIU? I also applied in November and haven't had any replies from any institution. 

I heard from Yale >1mth ago (interview).

51 minutes ago, CRISPRitout said:

Anyone heard from Stanford, Harvard, UC Berkeley, UCLA yet?

I heard from Stanford ~2wks ago (interview) and Harvard >1mth ago (interview).

All my programs are microbiology-related.

35 minutes ago, NeuroPhDInd said:

Apparently Stanford is done sending out interview calls. Idk if this includes international students as well. Anyway they have written in their website that if an applicant has not heard till early February its mostly a rejection. 

Didn't apply to the rest.

Ahh okay! Thanks for the info. I guess I am rejected then. So they don't send out rejection emails? 

32 minutes ago, chnsmggt said:

I heard from Yale >1mth ago (interview).

I heard from Stanford ~2wks ago (interview) and Harvard >1mth ago (interview).

All my programs are microbiology-related.

Ohh Okay. I had applied for the BBS program at Harvard and the cancer bio one at Stanford. Thanks for letting me know. 

1 hour ago, CRISPRitout said:

Ahh okay! Thanks for the info. I guess I am rejected then. So they don't send out rejection emails? 

May be they will...but later. I have not seen on the results page to have received rejection mails. No one has reported interview mails either after 18th I think.

1 hour ago, Henry13579 said:

So weird. Why don't these schools send out rejections to international students like us as they used to do in early Jan before? We have to keep telling ourselves "no news means good news," though we totally understand that there are high chances of getting rejections. That is such a torture. 

I relate to this so hard. applied to 9, rejected from 2, waitlisted by 1 and literally ZILCH from the other 6. Like fam, don't keep me hanging please let me know that you want me.

In case anyone wants to know: rejected from UCSF BMS on Dec 18th, WashU MMMP on Jan 2nd and still waiting on Harvard BBS [probs a rejection at this point but idk], UWisc Madison MDTP, NYU Vilcek, Weill Cornell IMP [probs also a rejection], Case Western BSTP, UCLA IMMP

21 hours ago, HJB_4 said:

I have applied to the same program and honestly got a little demotivated seeing everyone getting accepted already. I did not get any email or correspondence from them till now.

2 minutes ago, T suppressors said:

FYI- UCLA IMMP is done sending out interview invitations. (Source of information: Program Director). 

I guess all schools have already sent out invitations at this point... ://

fuck really? damn i was really holding out for that one sigh

7 minutes ago, T suppressors said:

FYI- UCLA IMMP is done sending out interview invitations. (Source of information: Program Director). 

I guess all schools have already sent out invitations at this point... ://

if you don't mind, can you share exactly what they said? because they said that they would do another interview round in february and i haven't seen invites go out after december, so thats confusing?

7 minutes ago, jakeperalta said:

if you don't mind, can you share exactly what they said? because they said that they would do another interview round in february and i haven't seen invites go out after december, so thats confusing?

This is what I heard (I knew the program director through one of the PI's who really encouraged me to apply. I guess its delusional to crack UCs unless you have funding from your home country)- 

We have already selected applicants for interviews this year. As you know, the number of international applicants we can accept into the program is limited and we received a record number of applications this year. 

7 minutes ago, T suppressors said:

This is what I heard (I knew the program director through one of the PI's who really encouraged me to apply. I guess its delusional to crack UCs unless you have funding from your home country)- 

We have already selected applicants for interviews this year. As you know, the number of international applicants we can accept into the program is limited and we received a record number of applications this year. 

man, if they know this, then why not reject already? i know an international student who already received a rejection from IMMP and im here refreshing my goddamn application like an idiot -- if they've already selected their applicants, why dangle us on a string like this?

9 hours ago, jakeperalta said:

I relate to this so hard. applied to 9, rejected from 2, waitlisted by 1 and literally ZILCH from the other 6. Like fam, don't keep me hanging please let me know that you want me.

In case anyone wants to know: rejected from UCSF BMS on Dec 18th, WashU MMMP on Jan 2nd and still waiting on Harvard BBS [probs a rejection at this point but idk], UWisc Madison MDTP, NYU Vilcek, Weill Cornell IMP [probs also a rejection], Case Western BSTP, UCLA IMMP

I can totally relate. 

I also received a rejection from UCSF BMS on dec 18th. That one felt like a really quick one. I am also still waiting to hear back from NYU and Harvard BBS but I am also assuming rejections from those. 

13 hours ago, CRISPRitout said:

I can totally relate. 

I also received a rejection from UCSF BMS on dec 18th. That one felt like a really quick one. I am also still waiting to hear back from NYU and Harvard BBS but I am also assuming rejections from those. 

yeah, harvard seems like a rejection day by day since ppl have been accepted/deferred to the feb weekend and NYU I literally dont even understand? someone told me that NYUs waitlist is 3x larger than last cycle -- makes me think they've sent out a first round of interviews for most tracks and are gonna wait and see how it goes to plan how many more people they want to invite. i've been checking my portals obsessively and im just tired fam. just want some good news.