2021 International Biomedical Applicants

Blood Type C8H10N4O2

On 12/28/2020 at 3:55 AM, MicroPhD2021 said:

Hi, guys!

Hope you all get admitted from the graduate schools!

I am an international student outside the USA and I applied to Yale(Microbiology), Columbia(Microbiology and Immunology), Rockefeller, JHU(BCMB), Cornell(Microbiology), Weill Cornell(Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis), Upenn(CMB), UCSD(Biological Sciences), UC Berkeley(Infectious diseases),Scripps, UIUC(MCB-Microbiology),  U-Wisconsin, Madison(Microbiology), and UTSW.

Is there anyone who got an interview from those schools?

I didn't get any response from those programs and it is a really hard time to wait for getting interviews... 

Hey did you hear anything back from Weill Cornell or U Wisconsin?

On 1/27/2021 at 6:02 PM, jakeperalta said:

I relate to this so hard. applied to 9, rejected from 2, waitlisted by 1 and literally ZILCH from the other 6. Like fam, don't keep me hanging please let me know that you want me.

In case anyone wants to know: rejected from UCSF BMS on Dec 18th, WashU MMMP on Jan 2nd and still waiting on Harvard BBS [probs a rejection at this point but idk], UWisc Madison MDTP, NYU Vilcek, Weill Cornell IMP [probs also a rejection], Case Western BSTP, UCLA IMMP

I feel you, I applied to 6 schools, heard back from none of them.

12 hours ago, jakeperalta said:

Just got rejected from NYU Vilcek, I indicated Micro as my main interest. They had interviews this week so I'm guessing they were pretty quick on the uptake. Just happened to check my portal. 

Hi! Where on the portal did you see the result? Mine just has confirmation of my documents, application and fee.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:20 AM, jakeperalta said:

Just got rejected from NYU Vilcek, I indicated Micro as my main interest. They had interviews this week so I'm guessing they were pretty quick on the uptake. Just happened to check my portal. 

Ohh. Did you get an email about it? Or was it updated on the portal? 

Has any international student heard back from UMich BME? Have they started inviting international student for interviews? I did see a couple of invites here on gradcafe for the feb 11-12 interview weekend but idk if any of them were internationals...

On 1/29/2021 at 8:34 AM, amaward1 said:

Hi! Has anyone heard back from Boston U, NYU Vilcek, UMich PIBS and UChicago Biosciences?

Hey! I got rejected from NYU Vilcek yesterday. Not heard back from Boston U MCBB or UChicago BioSci Microbiology track. I am assuming rejection from UChicago at this point!

On 1/27/2021 at 8:28 PM, jakeperalta said:

man, if they know this, then why not reject already? i know an international student who already received a rejection from IMMP and im here refreshing my goddamn application like an idiot -- if they've already selected their applicants, why dangle us on a string like this?

Saw someone on reddit say they just got an interview the other day so I guess take everything with a pinch of salt. No rejection is good news i guess :)

4 hours ago, pompompurin said:

Hey! I got rejected from NYU Vilcek yesterday. Not heard back from Boston U MCBB or UChicago BioSci Microbiology track. I am assuming rejection from UChicago at this point!

Yea, I'm assuming rejection from UChicago too. Looks like they've sent out all interview invites. Also, unrelated, but I like your username!

11 hours ago, justwanttogosomewhere said:

Awesome.. Good luck with the interview.. Hopefully it ends best for both of us.. See you soon.. 

Good luck to you too. Hope it goes well for both of us. 

8 hours ago, MoronPhDApplicant said:

Got rejection from Yale and Stanford today... Did not get interviews from any of the reach schools. No luck to me, but good luck to everyone else who is waiting!

I too got a rejection from Stanford today. :(

On 1/31/2021 at 3:18 PM, jakeperalta said:

ur most likely fine then -- you'll see at the top if there was something -- it'd say "status update"

Well, if they already had their interviews, no news is bad news, unless they have some future interviews. How many interviews do you think they are having?

Edited by DANNiBoy

4 hours ago, DANNiBoy said:

Well, if they already had their interviews, no news is bad news, unless they have some future interviews. How many interviews do you think they are having?

I am not getting much hope also but I did message the admin yesterday . She answers with NYU is rolling admission with interviews coming out as late as mid feb 

2 hours ago, Sky_china said:

I am not getting much hope also but I did message the admin yesterday . She answers with NYU is rolling admission with interviews coming out as late as mid feb 

Yeah probably its a flop. I ain't keeping high hope either. Looks like you got a fair amount of interviews. Good job and good luck!