2021 International Biomedical Applicants

Blood Type C8H10N4O2

Thanks for this thread! I am international student currently in a US university and applying to PhD programs in the US. 

I have applied to BMS programs, Immunology, and Microbiology programs in UPenn, Vanderbilt, Cold Spring Harbor, Emory, Harvard BBS, University of Texas MD Anderson, Indiana University, Penn State, Northwestern DGP, Weill Cornell, Baylor COM, Stanford Biosciences, Duke University, and NYU Vilcek.

So far I have received invitations from Indiana and MD Anderson. Hoping for the best!??

2 minutes ago, Immuno_Emma said:

Thanks for this thread! I am international student currently in a US university and applying to PhD programs in the US. 

I have applied to BMS programs, Immunology, and Microbiology programs in UPenn, Vanderbilt, Cold Spring Harbor, Emory, Harvard BBS, University of Texas MD Anderson, Indiana University, Penn State, Northwestern DGP, Weill Cornell, Baylor COM, Stanford Biosciences, Duke University, and NYU Vilcek.

So far I have received invitations from Indiana and MD Anderson. Hoping for the best!??

Wow we actually have a lot of similarities! I'm an international student with a MSc in microbiology from the UK, and I'm applying for microbiology/immunology programs as well. I'm applying to Harvard (BBS, Immunology, BPH), Indiana, Vanderbilt, Rochester, Cornell (microbiology), Baylor COM, Rutgers (Microbial Biology and Molecular Biosciences), Michigan State, Northwestern DGP, Penn State (BMMB), Buffalo, Augusta, and Nebraska Medical Center.

I also received an invitation from Indiana so far. I'm looking forward to it! Which date did you pick? I chose January 8th.

25 minutes ago, prayingforamiracle said:

Wow we actually have a lot of similarities! I'm an international student with a MSc in microbiology from the UK, and I'm applying for microbiology/immunology programs as well. I'm applying to Harvard (BBS, Immunology, BPH), Indiana, Vanderbilt, Rochester, Cornell (microbiology), Baylor COM, Rutgers (Microbial Biology and Molecular Biosciences), Michigan State, Northwestern DGP, Penn State (BMMB), Buffalo, Augusta, and Nebraska Medical Center.

I also received an invitation from Indiana so far. I'm looking forward to it! Which date did you pick? I chose January 8th.

We do have a lot in common! I haven’t picked a date for Indiana yet. I was waiting to hear from some of my top choices before picking a date but I think I’ll just go ahead and select a date. 

Thanks so much for this topic! I'm a international student now finishing my master's degree at Johns Hopkins. I applied the the Ph.D. Program at Harvard Medical School, Biology at MIT, MCP at Stanford School of Medicine, CMB at Duke School of Medicine, BMB at Johns Hopkins, NYU and USC. I haven't receive any interview invitations and I'm sooooo anxious. 

17 minutes ago, Immuno_Emma said:

We do have a lot in common! I haven’t picked a date for Indiana yet. I was waiting to hear from some of my top choices before picking a date but I think I’ll just go ahead and select a date. 

I picked a date because I figured that there probably wouldn’t be an interview from other universities held any earlier than that anyway. I think it’s safe enough to pick one! Good luck!

Hello guys,

I am an international applicant with Bachelors in Pharmaceutical Sciences and MS from a US university. I have applied to UTSW, U of Utah, UNC - BBSP - Toxicology, UPenn - BGS - Pharmacology Graduate Group (PGG), UT Health- MD Anderson, NYU Vileck Institute, Mount Sinai - Icahn, UC Berkeley, and UT Austin. UTSW asked me to complete the secondary application but no update after that. I have received interview invites from Baylor and U o Utah. But haven't heard anything from the rest. Good to have this international-applicants-only forum.

Have any of you received interview invites from these universities?

I am a UK international student in my final year of my Bachelor’s applying for Biomed.

I have applied to NYU, Icahn, Stony Brook - Pharmacological Sciences, GSK, Cornell - Genetics, Columbia - Biology and CSHL

Thanks so much for this thread! I am a international applicant w/ a BS degree from east asia and currently a RA in a top 5 school in the US. 
I thought that it would be really competative for international applicants so I applied to a total of 16 programs... basically all the top schools you can name.

Haven't heard anything and super anxious too. Fingercrossed we all get some good news before Christmas :( 

Yes, I've seen a pretty big lack of results from International students and I dont know if Universities haven't/won't send them out or people just havent posted on GradCafe ?

UNC, BCM, Harvard, and some others seem to have sent some invites but I dont recall seeing many international recipients

As I was told, some universities, if not a majority of, have two admission committees, one for domestic students and the other for international students, since these are essentially two separate pools and competition only take place within pools. So I would expect invites to be sent in different timings. Just what I've heard, don't know the exact case...

20 minutes ago, Yang347 said:

Hi, I applied to Icahn Neuroscience. Haven't heard anything yet.

I applied to Icahn Neuro last year and got rejected. Good luck with your application!

What other neuro programs did you apply? I applied to Duke-Neuro, WashU-DBBS Neuro, Brandeis-Neuro, Max Planck Florida, Upenn-NGG and Vandy Neuro, hoping to get into one.

Thanks for starting this topic for international students! I am an international students with U.S B.A and M.S degrees, and I am currently working in a lab at an Ivy school. I have applied to 17 schools (Micro & immuno & infectious diseases tracks) but haven't heard anything from them.. I submitted my applications close the deadline, so I hope I won't be rejected to all of them?...

Edited by wwllq

5 hours ago, prayingforamiracle said:

I also applied the BPH program at Harvard (immunology & infectious disease), but I haven' heard from this program yet. 

36 minutes ago, VictorZ said:

I applied to Icahn Neuro last year and got rejected. Good luck with your application!

What other neuro programs did you apply? I applied to Duke-Neuro, WashU-DBBS Neuro, Brandeis-Neuro, Max Planck Florida, Upenn-NGG and Vandy Neuro, hoping to get into one.

Actually this is the only neuro program I applied this year. I also applied to UMichigan-Molecular Pathology, USC/Buck-Biology of Aging, Mayo-BME&Physiology, BCM and JHU-BMB. I chose the program based on labs I'm interested in, so I'm just hoping to get into one!

Good luck with your applications!

1 hour ago, wwllq said:

I also applied the BPH program at Harvard (immunology & infectious disease), but I haven' heard from this program yet. 

Yep I haven’t heard from them either. I don’t think Harvard has sent out any invites yet because the results page would have been flooded otherwise. Probably some people trolling on the results page about getting invites so let’s hang in there!