2021 International Biomedical Applicants

Blood Type C8H10N4O2

On 12/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, TiredandBroke said:

Im an International student with an American degree, currently applying for US PhD Programs.

I've applied to Vanderbilt, Duke, UNC, UTSW, BCM, WashU, UWash, UMass, URochester and UPenn.

So far, heard back from Vanderbilt for an interview.

Hi, would you mind share what program you applied at Duke? Best Luck!

1 hour ago, Sky_china said:

Anyone hear back from NYU?  I know this is a very international student friendly school. I would be cry if I don't get it 

I Had applied last year but they straight-out rejected me. Usually they send out the rejection emails in the 2nd week of January. However, they start sending the interview invites in December. So, if you don't see anything till December end, consider it as a reject. Also, NYU may be international-friendly for some other fields, but in terms of Vileck - Biomedical Sciences Program, it is extremely restrictive for the foreign applicants. They usually admit only 1-5% international students and the process is highly competitive.

Just now, Research Enthusiast said:

I Had applied last year but they straight-out rejected me. Usually they send out the rejection emails in the 2nd week of January. However, they start sending the interview invites in December. So, if you don't see anything till December end, consider it as a reject. Also, NYU may be international-friendly for some other fields, but in terms of Vileck - Biomedical Sciences Program, it is extremely restrictive for the foreign applicants. They usually admit only 1-5% international students and the process is highly competitive.

interesting, cuz from their website and people who got in. and people I talked to. I definetely think the med school accept more student than a lot of  school and program especially those liberal arts college in pulic school 

7 minutes ago, pipettingerror said:

Yeah Harvard seems to have sent out invites. Don't know if it includes intl students but historically BBS does send both at the same time. I didn't get an invite. Brb crying.

I feel like all of them are either domestic students or international students who are currently studying in the US.

Anyone international heard from Harvard Virology or Yale Microbiology track? 

I emailed the Harvard coordinator if they were done sending out invites for Virology (since I saw a few in the results section), but I haven't received a response yet.

13 minutes ago, kikidogtor said:

Anyone international heard from Harvard Virology or Yale Microbiology track? 

I emailed the Harvard coordinator if they were done sending out invites for Virology (since I saw a few in the results section), but I haven't received a response yet.

Just received a response:

"Thanks very much for your email. My understanding is that all applicants who were selected to interview have been contacted at this point. The Graduate School will send official notices in the Spring. "