2021 International Biomedical Applicants

Blood Type C8H10N4O2

57 minutes ago, jakeperalta said:

Oh damn I applied NYU Vilcek -- haven't heard back yet ?

Last year when I applied to NYU Vilcek, I got a rejection on Jan 17th.

So, not sure what is going to happen this year as it is already Jan 11th!?

However, the admissions replied to me a couple of days back saying that they will be sending out invites till the end of February as they are interviewing through March this year.

Edited by Research Enthusiast

24 minutes ago, Research Enthusiast said:

However, the admissions replied to me a couple of days back saying that they will be sending out invites till the end of February as they are interviewing through March this year.

fml, this app cycle really has my heart rate spazzing! fingers crossed that we hear good news this week. I think I might just like not stop crying if I get 3 rejections in a row T_T

1 hour ago, Research Enthusiast said:

I got my rejection from Vilcek when I applied last year on Jan 17th too! All the best with your applications; I hope the outcome is positive this year ?

Did you receive any interviews yet? I am not sure if not receiving interviews yet means that I am rejected or if I am in the next round of interviewees(being an international student).

9 minutes ago, L-Dopamean said:

I got my rejection from Vilcek when I applied last year on Jan 17th too! All the best with your applications; I hope the outcome is positive this year ?

Did you receive any interviews yet? I am not sure if not receiving interviews yet means that I am rejected or if I am in the next round of interviewees(being an international student).

Yes, I have received 4 interview invites so far - UT Austin, University of Utah, Baylor, and UNC - Chapel Hill. But, NYU is my top choice!

2 hours ago, Staysane said:

Just received an interview invitation from Stanford Immunology. Super EXCITED!!!

Your list is very similar to mine:) I have an interview at City of Hope and BCM as well (Immuno track). Haven't heard back from Stanford (Stem Cell), Weill Cornell, Mt Sinai,UCLA and MD Anderson. Rejection from UCSF and GSK;) Congratulations on the Yale admit!!

1 minute ago, jill1997 said:

Anyone got the idea when will UTSW Biosciences send out invitations for international students? 

I am an international student from India and I have not heard from them since I submitted my secondary application. 

9 hours ago, T suppressors said:

Your list is very similar to mine:) I have an interview at City of Hope and BCM as well (Immuno track). Haven't heard back from Stanford (Stem Cell), Weill Cornell, Mt Sinai,UCLA and MD Anderson. Rejection from UCSF and GSK;) Congratulations on the Yale admit!!

Thank you! Good luck on your interview!

9 hours ago, Henry13579 said:

Hi Staysane. I am also applying to Stanford Immunology-CSI track. May I ask whether you are applying to the general program or any specific track? Do they send out interview invitations in one batch? Thank you.

I applied to the general program. According to what they told me in the email, they are sending invites until the end of January. "Please understand that "no news does not mean bad news", as our Admissions process will not conclude until later this month.  So, please keep this in mind when sharing your good news with others."- excerpt from my email.

8 hours ago, NeuroPhDInd said:

Hey! Congratulations...all the best...if you don't mind me asking which country are you from.

I am from Thailand.

7 hours ago, just_fine said:

Congratulation! 

Thank you! 

Edited by Staysane

On 1/8/2021 at 11:11 AM, TiredandBroke said:

Has any international heard back from UTSW? I saw some posts saying they send out our invites in Jan but im not sure how true it is. Thanks

I attended UTSW open house couple months before, they said they will review international applicants separately.  Probably they are still working on that. 

BTW, they also mentioned that this year they will accept less international students due to some defers from last year.. 

Edited by wwllq

5 hours ago, OncologyResearch said:

Hi all,

Congratulations to those who have received interviews and offers! To those who have, may I ask if your course is fully funded by the university? Do you have a scholarship?  Thanks so much :)

Yes most Biomedical PhD Programs are fully funded and usually include tuition, a stipend and occasionally other benefits like health insurance or relocation funds. The amount depends on the Institution. There are also other funding you can apply for like Grants or Fellowships. 

Some places might not fund International students so I would check but the financial information is usually located on the websites.

Hi. I am applying to 5 schools: Harvard  BBS, Stanford Immunology, Yale Immunobiology,  Columbia CMBS, Penn Bioengineering, and haven't heard from these schools. 

Background: Foreign MD, GPA 4.0, two first-authored publications, several research  awards  and grants  from my home country  and the UK, Strong LOR from my home country and the UK. 

Have any international applicants heard from these programs except Staysane? Things are so weird this year....

Edited by Henry13579

3 hours ago, Henry13579 said:

Hi. I am applying to 5 schools: Harvard  BBS, Stanford Immunology, Yale Immunobiology,  Columbia CMBS, Penn Bioengineering, and haven't heard from these schools. 

Background: Foreign MD, GPA 4.0, two first-authored publications, several research  awards  and grants  from my home country  and the UK, Strong LOR from my home country and the UK. 

Have any international applicants heard from these programs except Staysane? Things are so weird this year....

Yes, Harvard BBS sent interview email to international students at mid-December. My classmates received it.