Munk School, NPSIA and GPSIA 2021 Admissions

E-O

33 minutes ago, Samdaman164 said:

I emailed Munk regarding MGA decision timing last week but did not get a response. My impression is that they sent the first round of decisions out and are waiting to see how many more spots there are. I am not holding my breath.

Have you / anyone heard of any domestic student offers to Munk MGA yet? 

1 hour ago, Lula83 said:

A question for all who applied to GSPIA and NPSIA - do you have a preference and why? I heard NPSIA's biggest strength is their coop program... (I am still at Preliminary Review Required) 

I prefer NPSIA! I personally just find that NPSIA has a lot more courses directed specifically at what I want to specialize in (int’l development) There’s also a particular professor I would really love to work with. 

21 minutes ago, Hotblueberry said:

Hi All,

Just received a rejection from Munk.

Good luck to those still waiting!

My condolences. That news sucks to hear. I hope there is another opportunity that works out for you! 

I have not heard back from Munk, but based on your post news may come soon. 

My NPSIA application moved from "Recommended for Assessment" to "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" recently. This was after a lot of stagnation, so good to see movement. 

I was accepted into the UCalgary CMSS program (Strategic Studies) in early March. 

Edited by chinoiseries
Adding Admissions Updates

Hi all,

Just got the rejection letter from Munk.

Good luck to peoples still waiting.

stats: CGPA 3.66/4.0 UTSG: double major, international student

- two independent research experiences

- two research analyst positions

- two work experiences

Hi everyone,

I just posting because I thought people might be interested in my stats. I got accepted to NPSIA with a generous funding package in my first choice stream back in February. My GPA is 10.9 on Carleton's scale, I have research and intern experience during the last year and am a domestic student.

To anyone whose going to NPSIA next year, I'll see you there!

2 hours ago, Samdaman164 said:

I emailed Munk regarding MGA decision timing last week but did not get a response. My impression is that they sent the first round of decisions out and are waiting to see how many more spots there are. I am not holding my breath.

Yah, unfortunate on that front for me. Munk is out of the running as well. Not holding my breath any longer.

Maybe I need to apply to another university or college. I am not sure anymore which one though. I believe I have missed the deadline for all of them. Maybe if some one can let me know?

Just got in GSPIA!

Did not get any email from them and saw it on portal. Wishing the best to all - there will be second round for sure as people continue to finalize their respective offers. Funding offered - $8,000.

Edited by Ball_D

Hey guys :)

Just got accepted into the MGA today and accepted to NPSIA three weeks ago. I'm definitely struggling with deciding between the two, I am leaning more towards Munk at the moment as I hope to go on to law school after. If anyone has advice lmk! Also if anyone is planning on going to Munk in the fall hit me up!

Hey, everyone! International student here, got accepted to Munk too but there's no notice about any financial aid or scholarships...The price tag of 43k sounds ridiculous.

I was also accepted to a school in the US with full funding and stipend, which is probably where I will go, but Munk definitely was a dream. 

Lots of luck to everyone who is still waiting for results or will go to any other school! This was a tough year and we definitely should be proud of ourselves, no matter what. 

Got accepted to NPSIA yesterday! If it’s helpful for anyone, my application changed to « recommended for assessment » last week, it’s still sitting at recommended for assessment but i received my offer, so I wouldn’t be too obsessive over what your application status says in Carleton central. 

1 minute ago, kalesmoothie said:

Got accepted to NPSIA yesterday! If it’s helpful for anyone, my application changed to « recommended for assessment » last week, it’s still sitting at recommended for assessment but i received my offer, so I wouldn’t be too obsessive over what your application status says in Carleton central. 

Congrats! Did you get an unofficial acceptance email, or did this show up on Carleton 360?

Got rejected from Munk yesterday. Domestic student. Had a BA in international affairs, internship experience at a top US think tank, Embassy, and publication. I thought I was a competitive candidate and was hoping I'd at least make the waitlist as Munk was my top program choice. 

Edited by Lake10

4 hours ago, kalesmoothie said:

What are your stats like (GPA on Carleton scale, job experience, etc.)?

4 hours ago, kalesmoothie said:

Hi Kalesmoothie (love the username!) this is such great news! Thank you dearly for sharing. Best wishes for your studies.

16 hours ago, AliceLv said:

Has anyone heard from Munk's MPP? Since I only found acceptances for MGA in this thread...

I would also like to ask that anyone get an offer from Munk's MPP? Since I don't know the previous thread's offer is MGA or MPP. 

2 hours ago, ncl said:

Hi all! I received my MGA acceptance yesterday by email :) does anyone have any insight into the max that Munk normally gives out in entrance scholarships?

Congrats! Not too sure but for the last thread for 2020, 15k seemed like the max. Also got an offer yesterday as well with 10k!