Fall 2021 MA Psychology thread

tallgradstudent

Hey all,

I’ve been popping in on this forum and the results page like everyday these past couple of months so I thought I’d make it official by creating an account lol.

Waitlisted at KU’s counseling psych PhD but received acceptances for the M.S. in Counseling at Oklahoma State University and the Clinical Psychology M.A. at Ball State University. My decision to attend either program is dependent on securing funding so I’m just in the process of figuring that out. Super grateful for my acceptances but it feels like I’m back at square one with the search for an assistantship. 

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

2 hours ago, tallgradstudent said:

I emailed TC Columbia University about the timeline for decisions, they said that by the end of THIS WEEK (March 20), applicants will know if they were accepted or not. 

Amazing! Hopefully this is for Masters in Counseling too  

Edited by lexi123

Do all programs send notifications for rejections? I'm still waiting to hear from a few and I got once notification today.

Also, I haven't heard anything about financial assistance yet, even from schools I've been accepted to. Is that normal? My earliest decision deadline is April 1, but my decision will depend on where I can get funding.

9 minutes ago, tallgradstudent said:

I'm getting frustrated about Columbia - I applied back in Dec. I know patience is key here, but I am assuming I'm going to get rejected. Womp womp. 

Yeah I haven't heard either. I'd rather just know if I am in or not. I am hoping I will know by the 20th, but I applied for the Counseling M.A. and I am not sure if that is the same timeline. Hopefully. I applied Jan right before the deadline

Edited by lexi123

Anyone interviewing with EMU's Clinical Behavioral MS program tomorrow? Have you received your final schedule and the Zoom links yet? They said these information were supposed to be sent out by March 17th but I haven't received anything. I also reached out to the program coordinator but received 0 response. ?

3 hours ago, mycatoverweight said:

Anyone interviewing with EMU's Clinical Behavioral MS program tomorrow? Have you received your final schedule and the Zoom links yet? They said these information were supposed to be sent out by March 17th but I haven't received anything. I also reached out to the program coordinator but received 0 response. ?

nvm just received the schedule XD

On 3/8/2021 at 8:37 AM, Tpsych21 said:

Hey, waiting to hear from Stony Brook University's MA program in general psychology, Baruch College's MA in Mental Health Counseling Program, Queens College's MS in Mental Health Counseling Program, and got accepted to Long Island University's MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and I have a 3.79 GPA. Anyone hear back yet? 

I just heard from Stony Brook today!

Hi everyone! I'm in need of a bit of advice here. I got accepted in Stony Brook's MA program which I am so excited about, however, I am currently waitlisted on a few PhD programs and waiting to hear back from a few other masters programs. Stony Brook needs a decision by next week. Is it in poor taste to accept their offer, even though I know I will have to decline if I get off the waitlist? I just don't want to pass up the opportunity in case I don't get into those programs. 

The differences in all the deadlines for masters vs. PhD programs is stressing me out lol. 

Hey guys! Hope everyone's application season is going well :) 

I was recently notified that I'm waitlisted for Sam Houston's Clinical Psych MA program. Is anyone who was offered admission or waitlisted planning to accept another school's offer? I understand you may not know your answer yet - just want to get a feel for my chances of getting an offer. 

Thanks in advance! 

On 3/19/2021 at 7:49 PM, summerful1707 said:

Hi everyone! I'm in need of a bit of advice here. I got accepted in Stony Brook's MA program which I am so excited about, however, I am currently waitlisted on a few PhD programs and waiting to hear back from a few other masters programs. Stony Brook needs a decision by next week. Is it in poor taste to accept their offer, even though I know I will have to decline if I get off the waitlist? I just don't want to pass up the opportunity in case I don't get into those programs. 

The differences in all the deadlines for masters vs. PhD programs is stressing me out lol. 

Can you ask for an extension from Stony Brook? Many MA programs also honor the April 15 deadline, but I suppose they don't have to. It doesn't hurt to ask for more time!

Hi all! 

I've recently accepted my offer to Middle Tennessee State's Experimental Psychology program. I was offered a part-time teaching assistantship with the psychology department and a research assistantship with my advisor! I've released my offer from University of Texas - Dallas and will release my offer from University of Tennessee - Chattanooga tomorrow. Hopefully it'll help some people on the waitlist.

Hope everyone's application season is going well! Hang in there guys!

On 3/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, aiverson6903 said:

Anybody getting decisions from University of Denver Masters in Forensic Program???

I got mine on 3/4 - did not interview, just a generic rejection letter through the portal. They emailed me to notify that a decision had been made. 

1 hour ago, thaitea said:

anyone hear from NYU yet? 

nope :') waiting on a decision from them before I accept another offer - really hoping they contact me soon 

I applied to Columbias Ph.D. program and got denied but they offered to put my application into the Master's of Arts in Psychology in Education pool - which I responded to do with a yes please. (Fordham did the same thing with me too but I just got rejected yesterday.) However, they said that this is a whole separate review process that will take 6-8 weeks !! Kind of frustrating but does anyone know anything about this? TC. Columbia is my top school and I'm kind of nervous to keep waiting for another 2 months only to be rejected (again) but I'm trying to have positive thoughts. :)

On 3/12/2021 at 11:39 PM, leery617 said:

Any current/past MA students from SDSU? If so, how did you like the program?

Did you happen to get accepted? I'm waitlisted and likely going somewhere else but I've been super curious about their funding since I couldn't find any info for the MA funding on the website.