Silberman Fall 2021 MSW

vincentmsw

Hello everyone! I saw that no one started the 2021 thread yet so I decided to make one. Hopefully we can all help to alleviate the pressure we feel from the wait. I submitted on the 19th of January and was completed on the 20th. Haven't heard back yet because its too early. Has anyone submitted their app and hear back yet!? Best of luck yall!

Hey there! In a info session, I was informed that they likely won't get back to folks until March or even April, regardless of when we submit. I am hoping their responses don't come too much later than other schools I've applied to (because some other schools have said end of Feb/early March and I know we have a limited time to make our decisions.

Good luck to you!

18 hours ago, Ambugg said:

Has anyone applied for the PT 3 year MSW and  Title Iv-E stipend ?   I am just wondering how many people actually apply for this?

Hey I’m not sure hunter Silberman has a part time program. Are we talking about the same thing here? Haha

On 1/23/2021 at 12:29 PM, raesin19 said:

Hey there! In a info session, I was informed that they likely won't get back to folks until March or even April, regardless of when we submit. I am hoping their responses don't come too much later than other schools I've applied to (because some other schools have said end of Feb/early March and I know we have a limited time to make our decisions.

Good luck to you!

Hey! When did u submit and complete ur application!?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 12:29 PM, raesin19 said:

Good luck to you!

I received a group interview email and mines is 2/16

Hey everyone I submitted my application in December for the OYR program. My application status said pending interview. The next day I received an email about group interview dates. My group interview is 2/16. I will follow up with what to expect. From what I read in past forums it’s pretty routine with a writing sample at the end. 

6 hours ago, Gradguy11218 said:

Hey everyone I submitted my application in December for the OYR program. My application status said pending interview. The next day I received an email about group interview dates. My group interview is 2/16. I will follow up with what to expect. From what I read in past forums it’s pretty routine with a writing sample at the end. 

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

On 2/11/2021 at 2:21 PM, Gradguy11218 said:

Compared to previous years I don't see a lot of activity on this forum. Do you think because of covid there are less applicants. If so im guessing this should mean its more opportunities for us to get in. What do yall think?

well i only started this thread a few weeks ago but covid might gave affected the amount of applicants. Im not gonna hope that less people applied bc we do need more social workers haha. But I think we would have a higher chance of getting in. When did u apply and complete ur app?

1 hour ago, vincentmsw said:

well i only started this thread a few weeks ago but covid might gave affected the amount of applicants. Im not gonna hope that less people applied bc we do need more social workers haha. But I think we would have a higher chance of getting in. When did u apply and complete ur app?

I completed my application in early January. There is definitely a need for social workers at this time. 

On 1/25/2021 at 2:16 PM, raesin19 said:

@vincentmsw I am about to submit for Feb 1. How about you?

I also submitted 2/1. My application still says its not completed due to the transcripts but I uploaded it. When I called they said it takes time. Did you apply to the full time-clinical practice as well?

1 hour ago, Ishita Islam said:

I also submitted 2/1. My application still says its not completed due to the transcripts but I uploaded it. When I called they said it takes time. Did you apply to the full time-clinical practice as well?

Ooh -- good to know. I emailed them for the same reason and hadn't heard back but figured it was clerical delays. Sounds like there's nothing else we need to do but wait even though it says incomplete?

I did also apply to full time clinical practice. For what it's worth, I'm out of state though. I'm not sure whether that hurts or helps my chances!

7 minutes ago, raesin19 said:

Ooh -- good to know. I emailed them for the same reason and hadn't heard back but figured it was clerical delays. Sounds like there's nothing else we need to do but wait even though it says incomplete?

I did also apply to full time clinical practice. For what it's worth, I'm out of state though. I'm not sure whether that hurts or helps my chances!

I was told they don't email back, but best of luck ?

21 hours ago, Ishita Islam said:

I emailed them, too, and they said that they have to check each of the uploaded unofficial transcripts as sometimes people upload wrong documents or blank pages, so it will take time. Yet... an hour after I emailed they confirmed the unofficial transcripts. 

Can't wait to hear how the interviews went today!  Any hints/specifics? Good luck, everyone!  

Also, two things: Thanks for starting this thread!  So helpful. Just like a pre-social worker!

Are there COP&D applicants here? That's my dream I was accepted at Fordham for their community organizing program, but Hunter's my #1... nothing yet. Applied 2/1/ 

Hey everyone I had my interview today. It’s was 1 interviewer and 8 applicants. The process was better than expected I was very nervous and feel like I over prepared which could have caused the anxiety. We were asked what do we think clinical social work is, what is one of our strengths and a potential weakness, given a scenario a older clients cooks dinner and offers food to us during the home visit , what would we do. Those were all the questions time moves fast when 8 people are answering questions. Last we were given the writing sample about university and child welfare agencies being aligned. The reading was 3 pages but very dense. While reading I just took major points so I didn’t let the article leave me confused or disoriented. The response is 2-3 paragraphs and you are given 90 minutes. I feel confident I will get in. Undergrad is in similar field and many years work experience in the field. 

15 hours ago, Gradguy11218 said:

Hey everyone I had my interview today. It’s was 1 interviewer and 8 applicants. The process was better than expected I was very nervous and feel like I over prepared which could have caused the anxiety. We were asked what do we think clinical social work is, what is one of our strengths and a potential weakness, given a scenario a older clients cooks dinner and offers food to us during the home visit , what would we do. Those were all the questions time moves fast when 8 people are answering questions. Last we were given the writing sample about university and child welfare agencies being aligned. The reading was 3 pages but very dense. While reading I just took major points so I didn’t let the article leave me confused or disoriented. The response is 2-3 paragraphs and you are given 90 minutes. I feel confident I will get in. Undergrad is in similar field and many years work experience in the field. 

Congrats!  Sounds like it was a success!  Question: How did they give you the reading/writing assignment, was that after the interview was completed, with a 90 minute window? Thanks, just want to be ready! 

On 2/16/2021 at 12:15 PM, TexasToast said:

Hey y'all. 

I was in your place a year ago around this time and currently am in my first year at Silberman! If you have any questions let me know. Good luck :)

Hi! 

Did you interview for Silberman before getting in? I'm getting nervous that I haven't been invited to interview and I applied around 12/29.

Also, how are you finding Silberman? It's my top choice due to its good reputation, solid balance of clinical and macro work, and of course the price tag. How has your experience been so far?

Thanks!