Silberman Fall 2021 MSW

vincentmsw

7 minutes ago, Gradguy11218 said:

I don’t believe so I know there is 1 or 2 people who were accepted last year they may be in it. 

Okay thanks. For some reason they keep rejecting my request to get in, which is super weird. I'm already a student at Hunter and I'm in other facebook groups for Hunter, yet I'm having lots of trouble getting in this one. 

23 minutes ago, MSWNYC said:

Hello! Congrats to those who've been accepted. Send us good vibes!  My application still says, "Application Submitted." Is there a "review" or other stage it would show, before interview or acceptance? Just wondering... Thanks!

Hi! I'm wondering the same. my application status says: "Submitted". It would be nice to know if there is a next stage called 'review".

50 minutes ago, MSWNYC said:

Hello! Congrats to those who've been accepted. Send us good vibes!  My application still says, "Application Submitted." Is there a "review" or other stage it would show, before interview or acceptance? Just wondering... Thanks!

25 minutes ago, XGrad2021 said:

Hi! I'm wondering the same. my application status says: "Submitted". It would be nice to know if there is a next stage called 'review".

Hi! My application just said submitted until it was updated with a final decision. No review stage. 

3 hours ago, MSWNYC said:

im not sure mines says pending interview. The anxiety i have right now is unhealthy

On 2/22/2021 at 3:10 PM, mswhopeful21 said:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to update that I just received acceptance to Hunter. It actually came as a shock - I just chatted with the admissions office to see if I can recieve a timeline and they informed me that they see a decision on my portal that came in this morning, but I didn't get an email. My application was completed on 12/29 and I didn't get an interview. They require a response within 3 weeks (!!?) and haven't sent any scholarship info, but regardless of aid they offer this is probably the most affordable option for me. Good luck to all those waiting!

Edited to add: they did not include any information about financial aid or when I can expect to hear about that. Does anyone know the timeline for that?

Congrats! 

On 2/21/2021 at 12:15 PM, XGrad2021 said:

Hi! thank you for wanting to share your experience.

I have always wondered, when do you have to pay for the semester once you have been accepted? Is it immediately or near the beginning of the semester? Do you have to pay the entire career or do you pay semester by semester? 

I am not eligible to receive federal students loans so I might have to pay for it myself or with private loans and I'm trying to figure out how it works to plan accordingly. I have not been accepted yet so I might be getting ahead but I would appreciate if you share some more info regarding tuition and payments.

Thank you. 

Howdy!

I have federal loans and the charge has always shown up a couple weeks before the semester starts and then the funds are dispersed a week or two after the semester starts ( after syllabus week). So be prepared to get charged around the first week of school. But CUNYs have payment plans, so I'm sure you can work something out. If you have an outstanding amount you usually cannot sign up for classes the following semester. 

9 minutes ago, TexasToast said:

Howdy!

I have federal loans and the charge has always shown up a couple weeks before the semester starts and then the funds are dispersed a week or two after the semester starts ( after syllabus week). So be prepared to get charged around the first week of school. But CUNYs have payment plans, so I'm sure you can work something out. If you have an outstanding amount you usually cannot sign up for classes the following semester. 

Hey there! Got you. That's very helpful to know that I have until close to the start of the semester to pay. I will try to get info on the payment plans. thank you so much.

Hi everyone!
Has anybody heard from admissions yet? 
I have been accepted to Lehman College and offered a spot for the MSW program. However, Hunter College is my top choice and I was really looking forward to study there but Lehman College has given me 3 weeks to provide a decision and accept or refuse. 
What do you guys think I should do? 
Is there a number we can call in Admissions at Hunter to inquire if they have a timeline for applications review? I'm not sure if I'll get an answer in less than 3 weeks. 
Fingers crossed and good luck to all.

43 minutes ago, XGrad2021 said:

Hi everyone!
I have been accepted to Lehman College and offered a spot for the MSW program. However, Hunter College is my top choice and I was really looking forward to study there but Lehman College has given me 3 weeks to provide a decision and accept or refuse. 
Is there a number we can call in Admissions at Hunter to inquire if they have a timeline for applications review? I'm not sure if I'll get an answer in less than 3 weeks. 

Congrats on your acceptance to Lehamn! I don't have a number for admission offhand, but I've actually had great success with reaching out to Hunter's admissions through their chat option on the admissions page of the Silberman website. I think I've done it 2-3 times so far with helpful and swift responses each time, so it's worth reaching out to ask for a timeline. Wishing you luck!

Edited by mswhopeful21
Typo

11 minutes ago, mswhopeful21 said:

Congrats on your acceptance to Lehamn! I don't have a number for admission offhand, but I've actually had great success with reaching out to Hunter's admissions through their chat option on the admissions page of the Silberman website. I think I've done it 2-3 times so far with helpful and swift responses each time, so it's worth reaching out to ask for a timeline. Wishing you luck!

Thank you so much! I'm gonna try that tomorrow and see if they can provide any info about a timeline.

Thank you and good luck to you as well. 

18 hours ago, XGrad2021 said:

Hi everyone!

Haven’t heard anything yet. There have been a couple ppl who have been accepted w/o interviews. I haven’t seen someone with a interview get a response yet. Hopefully Friday. That would be my 3 week timeframe since my interview. 

I finished my application on January 7... 

The status was "Submitted" for a while.  Feb 15, I emailed admissions to ask about timeline because I've been accepted to other schools. Since then, my status has been "Being Reviewed."

I just used the Chat function on the Silberman's website to talk to admissions and they said my application was in final review stage and I should hear back in a week or so...

Has anyone received a rejection from Hunter? or do they send off Deny letter at the end, all together?

42 minutes ago, Gradguy11218 said:

Haven’t heard anything yet. There have been a couple ppl who have been accepted w/o interviews. I haven’t seen someone with a interview get a response yet. Hopefully Friday. That would be my 3 week timeframe since my interview. 

Wow almost 3 week and no response yet from the interview. Hopefully you will have a decision by this Friday. Good luck!!!

28 minutes ago, nyc_brooklyn_ said:

The status was "Submitted" for a while.  Feb 15, I emailed admissions to ask about timeline because I've been accepted to other schools. Since then, my status has been "Being Reviewed."

I just used the Chat function on the Silberman's website to talk to admissions and they said my application was in final review stage and I should hear back in a week or so...

Has anyone received a rejection from Hunter? or do they send off Deny letter at the end, all together?

Interesting. I haven't heard from anyone being rejected yet. I contacted Admissions via email and they told me they usually take about 6 weeks to review each application after it has been completed. Mine was completed on 01/25. They said I should be hearing something within next week or so. Hopefully sooner.

30 minutes ago, nyc_brooklyn_ said:

My wife works grad admission for a private university here in NYC she said they send rejections first is easier to see who isn’t a good fit. But I only heard a few acceptances no rejections. 

1 hour ago, nyc_brooklyn_ said:

I just did this same thing, and got this response: 

"It usually takes about 6-8 weeks to get a response but I have forwarded your application to our admissions committee for expedited review."

I'm on week 7 since applying, so I'm not sure how expedited it could be...but still appreciated!

Hey all :)

I submitted my app super last minute , on 1/30 , and I just got a “pending interview “ notification on my application but haven’t received an email as to when that might be.

is anyone in the same boat? Please let me know! Thanks 

Do we have anyone here applying for the  Community Organization, Planning & Development program? I'm waiting to get past "submission" and I have 10 days until I have to respond to Fordham's acceptance. Fingers crossed, as Hunter/Silberman is by far my 1st choice!