Silberman Fall 2021 MSW

vincentmsw

3 hours ago, Catlady23 said:

Hey all :)

I submitted my app super last minute , on 1/30 , and I just got a “pending interview “ notification on my application but haven’t received an email as to when that might be.

is anyone in the same boat? Please let me know! Thanks 

For me I received the email 2 days later or so 

2 hours ago, MSWNYC said:

Do we have anyone here applying for the  Community Organization, Planning & Development program? I'm waiting to get past "submission" and I have 10 days until I have to respond to Fordham's acceptance. Fingers crossed, as Hunter/Silberman is by far my 1st choice!

Reach out to the school and ask Fordham for a extension 

7 hours ago, MSWNYC said:

Also, I sent a chat through admissions a few hours ago, and didn't hear back. Is that typical? It's fine, I just want to see what others have experienced! 

their chat line is open usually between 4-6pm and i got a reply immediately today

46 minutes ago, vincentmsw said:

their chat line is open usually between 4-6pm and i got a reply immediately today

So strange - I waited for hours for a response... nothing. I'm sure they're swamped. I'll try again tomorrow, thanks, helps to know! 

Relived that I'm not the only anxiously waiting! I submitted my application on 1/11 and it was complete on 1/29 with all supporting documents. However, no update on their portal page -- very stressful! 

I just got accepted into CSI's MSW program, and they want a response by 3/12. Hopefully Hunter gets around to responding soon. Good luck, everyone!

****UPDATE***** - i just received an e-mail from the director of enrollment mangement about scheduling a interview. FYI i interviewed 15 days ago. But the emailed said if you have scheduled and interviewed already disregard you will receive an update THIS WEEK. i know some people were notified last friday so i guess this friday is the next round. *fingers crossed*

2 hours ago, Gradguy11218 said:

****UPDATE***** - i just received an e-mail from the director of enrollment mangement about scheduling a interview. FYI i interviewed 15 days ago. But the emailed said if you have scheduled and interviewed already disregard you will receive an update THIS WEEK. i know some people were notified last friday so i guess this friday is the next round. *fingers crossed*

Awesome, keep us posted!  

4 hours ago, Gradguy11218 said:

Hey! I received the same email. I was confused since my application status still said "application completed". I reached out to them via the chat bot and they explained it was a message sent by mistake. However they told me my application was moved to "pending interview" since February 22nd. Weird since I spoke to them on Monday and they confirmed I was still pending for review. I was immediately sent another email with the correct information and I was able to schedule my interview for Tuesday the 9th. Let's see how it goes. I hope you heat good news by this Friday! Good luck! 

14 hours ago, XGrad2021 said:

Hey! I received the same email. I was confused since my application status still said "application completed". I reached out to them via the chat bot and they explained it was a message sent by mistake. However they told me my application was moved to "pending interview" since February 22nd. Weird since I spoke to them on Monday and they confirmed I was still pending for review. I was immediately sent another email with the correct information and I was able to schedule my interview for Tuesday the 9th. Let's see how it goes. I hope you heat good news by this Friday! Good luck! 

Yeah it’s so confusing. Maybe Friday, maybe not. At this point I’m trying to not focus on it. 

2 hours ago, kittygirl said:

anyone else whose application was completed in January still just at "submitted" on the portal? 

2 hours ago, Lulu Saif said:

Me. I submitted my application on 1/11 and it was complete on 1/29, still says "Application: Submitted"

Hey if all your documents are submitted and it still says submitted then you should try speaking with them. Use the link I have below. Only message them when it says they are online because you can get a response right away. They are usually on between 4-6pm so try during those hours. If it says offline it takes longer for them to email you back as opposed to live chat so try to catch them while they are online. Good luck!

https://cdn.zopim.com/widget/livechat.html?api_calls=[]&hostname=sssw.hunter.cuny.edu&key=z7IxIspSu2XHpeiXHMRdAFIzkVbJVNKy&lang=en&

Edited by vincentmsw

9 minutes ago, vincentmsw said:

Hey if all your documents are submitted and it still says submitted then you should try speaking with them. Use the link I have below. Only message them when it says they are online because you can get a response right away. They are usually on between 4-6pm so try during those hours. If it says offline it takes longer for them to email you back as opposed to live chat so try to catch them while they are online. Good luck!

https://cdn.zopim.com/widget/livechat.html?api_calls=[]&hostname=sssw.hunter.cuny.edu&key=z7IxIspSu2XHpeiXHMRdAFIzkVbJVNKy&lang=en&

It says application status: submitted, but it also says "your application was completed on 1/20/2021" underneath. Which of those spots are you referring to? Thanks for the help!

14 minutes ago, vincentmsw said:

This is great, thank you so much! Hopefully some guidance can be given. Updates forthcoming! 

20 minutes ago, kittygirl said:

It says application status: submitted, but it also says "your application was completed on 1/20/2021" underneath. Which of those spots are you referring to? Thanks for the help!

if its completed then it just means that its ready for review or is being reviewed and the status just didnt update yet

1 hour ago, Ishita Islam said:

same

I think a lot of us, and someone said on a much earlier message that it can sometimes say "submitted" until the very end, either interview or acceptance/denial. My application was "completed" on 2/10, but has only said "submitted" ever since. I've been in touch with the chat folks and they said they're trying to expedite my application due to another acceptance needing a response soon, but still... nothing but "submitted." 

6 minutes ago, MSWNYC said:

I think a lot of us, and someone said on a much earlier message that it can sometimes say "submitted" until the very end, either interview or acceptance/denial. My application was "completed" on 2/10, but has only said "submitted" ever since. I've been in touch with the chat folks and they said they're trying to expedite my application due to another acceptance needing a response soon, but still... nothing but "submitted." 

That's honestly the frustrating part. I feel so rushed to give other schools an answer, and yet I'm worried about the timeline for Hunter. And if I do require an interview (or any update) I doubt it would be in time before I have to start giving decisions to other schools. The deadline for one is next week. 

40 minutes ago, Lulu Saif said:

That's honestly the frustrating part. I feel so rushed to give other schools an answer, and yet I'm worried about the timeline for Hunter. And if I do require an interview (or any update) I doubt it would be in time before I have to start giving decisions to other schools. The deadline for one is next week. 

IK, Maybe try emailing the accept schools for an extension. 

Has anyone who has been accepted to Hunter recieved scholarship info? I just got an email that only listed Unsubsidized Loans as my financial aid and that's not going to cover my living expenses in addition to tuition, even considering Hunter's super cheap price tag. Wondering if I'm missing something or if they send scholarship info later? Or did I just not recieve any scholarship offer at all?

16 hours ago, mswhopeful21 said:

Has anyone who has been accepted to Hunter recieved scholarship info? I just got an email that only listed Unsubsidized Loans as my financial aid and that's not going to cover my living expenses in addition to tuition, even considering Hunter's super cheap price tag. Wondering if I'm missing something or if they send scholarship info later? Or did I just not recieve any scholarship offer at all?

because they are a city school under Cuny i dont believe they give scholarships, and also they are very cheap compared to NYU Columbia and Forhdam 

1 hour ago, Gradguy11218 said:

because they are a city school under Cuny i dont believe they give scholarships, and also they are very cheap compared to NYU Columbia and Forhdam 

You're right, I didn't think about that. It's definitely the cheapest option by far. I guess I'll need to find outside scholarships to help!