Silberman Fall 2021 MSW

vincentmsw

Hi all, 

So glad I found this forum--thank you all for your insights and advice. I thought I'd share my experience as well. I submitted my application on 3/12 and got that same email you were all referring to on the night of 3/16 to schedule an interview. I emailed them back to let them know all the dates were sold out and haven't heard back but now I'm wondering if mine was a glitch as well. My application status still says 'submitted' since I still have a recommendation and OYR agreement form that hasn't been submitted. I was going to try and chat them this afternoon like some of you suggested but it's only Monday-Thursday. I'll probably reach out again on Monday, hopefully I can also get some clarity! ?

Edited by Aquarius G
typo

1 hour ago, Aquarius G said:

Hi all, 

So glad I found this forum--thank you all for your insights and advice. I thought I'd share my experience as well. I submitted my application on 3/12 and got that same email you were all referring to on the night of 3/16 to schedule an interview. I emailed them back to let them know all the dates were sold out and haven't heard back but now I'm wondering if mine was a glitch as well. My application status still says 'submitted' since I still have a recommendation and OYR agreement form that hasn't been submitted. I was going to try and chat them this afternoon like some of you suggested but it's only Monday-Thursday. I'll probably reach out again on Monday, hopefully I can also get some clarity! ?

I'm in a very similar position. Submitted early February and my status has been 'submitted' ever since. Got the erroneous email the other day and attempted to choose an interview slot, then emailed them back letting them know that there weren't any available.  Feeling a little frustrated that they haven't sent out a mass email letting us all know about the error. Without the info on this thread, I'd still be in the dark on the whole thing. Ah well, fingers crossed we hear something soon! 

Been a reader following this page for a while, thanks everyone for the info! Finally decided to make an account to share. I had my interview yesterday, it was myself and 9 others. The interview lasted a little over an hour, which I actually expected to be longer. After I wrote a response to the article right away. They said we should know by Saturday and I just found out I was accepted!!!! Good luck to everyone!

10 minutes ago, HopefulMSWStudent2021 said:

Been a reader following this page for a while, thanks everyone for the info! Finally decided to make an account to share. I had my interview yesterday, it was myself and 9 others. The interview lasted a little over an hour, which I actually expected to be longer. After I wrote a response to the article right away. They said we should know by Saturday and I just found out I was accepted!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!

Can you share what questions they asked? Also, does the writing section have a word count?

3 hours ago, trahenagem said:

I'm in a very similar position. Submitted early February and my status has been 'submitted' ever since. Got the erroneous email the other day and attempted to choose an interview slot, then emailed them back letting them know that there weren't any available.  Feeling a little frustrated that they haven't sent out a mass email letting us all know about the error. Without the info on this thread, I'd still be in the dark on the whole thing. Ah well, fingers crossed we hear something soon! 

Me, too! Submitted fully early Feb, completed on their end 2/10, and I've been on "submitted" with no movement since then. In response to chats, they say interview and/or response should be coming "soon." Tough wait... 

3 hours ago, HopefulMSWStudent2021 said:

Congrats, did you apply to the two year program? 

Hey y'all. Thanks for all of the contributions to this thread re: application & interview details. My interview is on Tuesday and I'm buzzing about it (nervously, excitedly).

For some context, here's my timeline: Application submitted on 1/28, marked as completed on 2/11, final letter of reference submitted by 2/28, invited to interview on 3/12. Dates were sold out on 3/12, so I reached out to admissions and was told that I would be able to schedule on 3/15 - I did. Interview is on 3/23. 

Edited by britonline

2 hours ago, MSWNYC said:

STILL at "submitted." Maybe this week? 

They now have an automated email response that says they're reviewing every application and will reach out directly with next steps as they get to them. So I guess it's now just a patience game. 

Which I'm fine with. Just nice knowing it is, since everything became confusing after the email.

27 minutes ago, AstoriaMSW said:

They now have an automated email response that says they're reviewing every application and will reach out directly with next steps as they get to them. So I guess it's now just a patience game. 

Which I'm fine with. Just nice knowing it is, since everything became confusing after the email.

Thanks, that helps!

2 hours ago, lil_lil said:

I was accepted over the weekend without an interview! I just checked my portal, didn't get an email notification or any response re: the mass interview email. Best of luck to all who are still waiting! Such a confusing week. 

Congrats!!

Can I ask, what was your portal status before it changed to accepted?

1 hour ago, AstoriaMSW said:

Congrats!!

Can I ask, what was your portal status before it changed to accepted?

Pending program decision. It had been that way for a few weeks. Before that it was just 'submitted.' 

8 hours ago, Gradguy11218 said:

Hi everyone, i just received my acceptance for the OYR clinical track. I completed my application super early in December. I had a interview in mid February. Im going to accept this offer. Hope everyone hears something soon. Glad the waiting is over.

Congrats! See you in the classroom!!

Hello all,

I just finished my interview today and I think I held my own. Im actually more concerned with logistical things at this time. 

Is it alright if I apply for FASFA now even though I do not have an acceptance?? 

Also, does anyone know what the housing situation is at the SSSW??

thank you!

10 minutes ago, Catlady23 said:

Hello all,

I just finished my interview today and I think I held my own. Im actually more concerned with logistical things at this time. 

Is it alright if I apply for FASFA now even though I do not have an acceptance?? 

thank you!

I'm local so I don't know about housing, but you can apply for FAFSA any time at all. You can list Hunter so they get the info when/if they need it! I'm sure it will be "when" not "if." 

Congrats on the interview!  

1 hour ago, Catlady23 said:

Hello all,

thank you!

Echoing @MSWNYC above - you should definitely fill out the FAFSA as soon as possible. When it gets to the part with the school codes, you'll put in Hunter's - you'll be able to look up the code when you get to that part. And send it to/enter the code for any other schools you're still considering, too!

For housing - I think you should speak to people at the school directly for this. My impression is that most if not nearly all students live off-campus, in housing of their own arrangements. If there is an on-campus option, I would try and reach out soon to figure out what that process looks like (is there an application, are there any criteria for getting it, are there different locations, etc.). Good luck!