Silberman Fall 2021 MSW

vincentmsw

Well, another week has gone by, and I've had no information beyond "submitted" since my app changed to "completed" on Feb 10. 

About once per week, I send a tenderly-worded chat to admissions, and now their last response was verging on ornery, saying they're working as fast as they can to get through all of the applications and they were still trying to "expedite" my application. 

I've already pushed my Fordham acceptance back a whole month, and another school back two more weeks, but those deadlines are swiftly approaching. 

Anyone else still waiting, too? I'm applying to the Community Organizing, Planning & Development concentration, so maybe they're behind. Or maybe they're waiting until the end to reject me! I'm going a little nuts, if you couldn't already tell. 

Thanks for reading... 

3 hours ago, MSWNYC said:

Well, another week has gone by, and I've had no information beyond "submitted" since my app changed to "completed" on Feb 10. 

About once per week, I send a tenderly-worded chat to admissions, and now their last response was verging on ornery, saying they're working as fast as they can to get through all of the applications and they were still trying to "expedite" my application. 

I've already pushed my Fordham acceptance back a whole month, and another school back two more weeks, but those deadlines are swiftly approaching. 

Anyone else still waiting, too? I'm applying to the Community Organizing, Planning & Development concentration, so maybe they're behind. Or maybe they're waiting until the end to reject me! I'm going a little nuts, if you couldn't already tell. 

Thanks for reading... 

Same, I'm still at "submitted". I'm not sure why it's taking this long to get a response and it's making my nervous.

16 hours ago, MSWNYC said:

Thanks for reading... 

Literally me too! I've pushed all my other schools back for a month and those dates are coming up. Now when I reach out to Hunter's admissions, they get rude and say they're doing their best already. it's so frustrating

12 hours ago, Catlady23 said:

@MSWNYC I was asked to interview. 

I wonder if it’ll take longer for them to get back to people who have interviewed as compared to those who didn’t :( this is really tough but I’m wishing for the best for you all

Maybe... but I wasn't asked. Still waiting. Here's hoping for this coming week! Happy Easter, Good Pesach, Happy Spring Everyone! 

On 3/30/2021 at 3:34 PM, weRnotreallystrangers said:

Congrats to everyone that's found out they've been accepted so far!!

On another note, does anyone know what they're doing in terms of housing yet?? That's a big worry for me currently!

And another question! Does anyone here in the full-time 2 year program think they'll try to work a small weekend job?

Hi! I already live here and am happy to help you with the housing search :)  Totally understand how daunting it is! I am also planning on working part time. I currently work at a high school and am trying to work out a way to do something ~10hours/week for them so we'll see.

Hi everyone!! I interviewed on Thursday and I got accepted today!! Hope everyone else hears back this week.

Would also appreciate some advice because my heart wants Boston University but for financial reasons, my brain said I should do hunter. I want to become a LCSW and provide trauma-informed care and advocate for survivors of sexual and relationship violence. Hunter has a mental health specialization with few options for electives while BU has a trauma and violence specialization, flexibility with courses, and faculty immersed in the work I want to do in the future. 

2 hours ago, Gradguy11218 said:

FYI the financial aid office has started sending out financial aid offers. Mines was in my email, and on the financial aid part of CUNY First. Best of luck to everyone. See you in the fall

Did they offer anything other than loans?

3 hours ago, kimmsw said:

Hi everyone!! I interviewed on Thursday and I got accepted today!! Hope everyone else hears back this week.

Would also appreciate some advice because my heart wants Boston University but for financial reasons, my brain said I should do hunter. I want to become a LCSW and provide trauma-informed care and advocate for survivors of sexual and relationship violence. Hunter has a mental health specialization with few options for electives while BU has a trauma and violence specialization, flexibility with courses, and faculty immersed in the work I want to do in the future. 

Hi! I'm not super familiar with BU's program so unfortunately can't offer much advice, but here to say that I'm interested in the exact same work and will almost certainly be attending Hunter. 

6 hours ago, Gradguy11218 said:

FYI the financial aid office has started sending out financial aid offers. Mines was in my email, and on the financial aid part of CUNY First. Best of luck to everyone. See you in the fall

Do you know if they only send out financial aid packages after you accept the offer?

19 hours ago, Gradguy11218 said:

Did you already fill out your FASFA?

9 minutes ago, Gradguy11218 said:

Yeah I did it back in December when I was applying because the application asked if you completed a fafsa 

Ok thank you! I should get on that. I’m terrible with filling out Fafsa so I was waiting until the workshop. But I haven’t received my CUNY first Id number just yet. How long does it usually take ?

12 minutes ago, TeeSww said:

Ok thank you! I should get on that. I’m terrible with filling out Fafsa so I was waiting until the workshop. But I haven’t received my CUNY first Id number just yet. How long does it usually take ?

Once I completed the application they let me know how much aid I can get maybe within 2 weeks

You have no idea how glad i found this forum! I had to constantly email SSSW staff to update my documents even though  I had submitted everything on time. Everything was finalized about two weeks ago. Also did anyone get an "accidental" Interview link earlier in March?

9 minutes ago, Archer S said:

You have no idea how glad i found this forum! I had to constantly email SSSW staff to update my documents even though  I had submitted everything on time. Everything was finalized about two weeks ago. Also did anyone get an "accidental" Interview link earlier in March?

Yes ppl did. Even ppl who already were admitted and acepted the offer. I even saw on gradforum someone was rejected in February and still received that email. smh i know that was like ripping the Band-Aid off a hairy arm.

On 2/16/2021 at 12:15 PM, TexasToast said:

Hey y'all. 

I was in your place a year ago around this time and currently am in my first year at Silberman! If you have any questions let me know. Good luck :)

Hey I have a question if you don't mind me asking. I know online for the OYR track they have ppl taking 3 classes each of the first 2 semesters and taking 2 in the summer and 15 credits the second year. Do ppl typically stick to the outlined/suggested class schedule. I was thinking about taking my electives earlier so i don't have 15 credits the second year so i can study for the licensing exam. My coworker graduated from hunter a few years ago and just passed the exam. But she said i should take the exam right away, and you can take the exam up 3 months prior to graduating.