Silberman Fall 2021 MSW

vincentmsw

3 minutes ago, Stephdiva08 said:

Hey , has anyone spoke to admissions as of yet?. I know ppl who were accepted in the program that also got the same email . So I’m assuming it was an error . 

I got an email late last night telling me to disregard the interview email as I had already been accepted. I'm not sure if this applies to those who haven't interviewed yet or whose apps are still pending. I'd recommend reaching out to admissions office to clarify your own case just to be sure!

3 minutes ago, mswhopeful21 said:

I got an email late last night telling me to disregard the interview email as I had already been accepted. I'm not sure if this applies to those who haven't interviewed yet or whose apps are still pending. I'd recommend reaching out to admissions office to clarify your own case just to be sure!

Thank you . I replied to the email and I’m awaiting a response. 

1 hour ago, nyc_brooklyn_ said:

I tried to call them about it but I can't find a phone number that works.

Has anyone who have not been accepted, heard back about this interview glitch?

I emailed them but haven't heard back yet, I might call later. I believe this is the number I called last time (212) 396-7500

Same boat for me - New applicant, I got invited for the interview, and all the slots were sold out. I replied to that email asking if I could schedule it directly, and haven't heard back.

It being a glitch makes a lot more sense to me, because I was shocked at the turnaround time. I only submitted my application this weekend. Just from the process perspective, it didn't make sense to me that they'd have reviewed my application and flagged me for an interview so quickly.

So I guess we'll see what happens. I feel bad for the admissions staff - this is a brutal glitch to happen and have to deal with. I REALLY hope no one who was denied (if they sent any of those yet) got it...

I'm guessing they'll respond as they actually get through the applications. They might want to avoid telling people they were invited in error, if possible, if they might need to actually schedule one with them?

Edit: Oh, and application status just says "submitted"

Edited by AstoriaMSW
extra context

Hi all - I messaged the Silberman admissions ambassador chat box and this is what I got:

"There was an error in the system last night and many people who had not yet been moved to pending interview status were sent invitations. We are currently reviewing all recipients to see who was erroneously sent this invitation and will be following up with those who are indeed pending interview soon with more dates as soon as the system is back online after having been overloaded."

I hope this is helpful! They are online at https://sssw.hunter.cuny.edu/admissions/ if anyone wants to reach out themselves.

8 minutes ago, kittygirl said:

Hi all - I messaged the Silberman admissions ambassador chat box and this is what I got:

"There was an error in the system last night and many people who had not yet been moved to pending interview status were sent invitations. We are currently reviewing all recipients to see who was erroneously sent this invitation and will be following up with those who are indeed pending interview soon with more dates as soon as the system is back online after having been overloaded."

I hope this is helpful! They are online at https://sssw.hunter.cuny.edu/admissions/ if anyone wants to reach out themselves.

Wow. What a mess. I got the email last night too. I feel for all the staff working on the back end of this today. Thank you for sharing! 

Same, appreciated @kitty.

I'm sure the staff feels terrible, too. Tbh the only worse thing I could imagine happening is accidentally sending acceptances that you need to rescind. 

And that's just the emotional piece. The actual, huge bulk of work on an ASAP timeline that this created has to be exhausting.

Edited by AstoriaMSW
accidentally "sending" acceptances

I had my interview today (a little odd since my status says "pending program decision" and has never said "pending interview"), and it was fantastic. The zoom "group" format is a little clunky, but the group itself was super smart and full of people I would love to have as classmates. They said we'll get a final answer by next week. Crossing my fingers!

2 hours ago, bkcase said:

I had my interview today (a little odd since my status says "pending program decision" and has never said "pending interview"), and it was fantastic. The zoom "group" format is a little clunky, but the group itself was super smart and full of people I would love to have as classmates. They said we'll get a final answer by next week. Crossing my fingers!

glad it went well are you applying to the 2 year program was there any OYR ppl in your interview.

3 hours ago, nyc_brooklyn_ said:

It was a glitch...and I didn't get an interview.

My application status still says "being reviewed"

How could you tell you didn't get an interview? Did someone contact you? I'm super confused, my portal still says "pending program decision" and I haven't been able to get through to anyone on the chat or via email. 

8 hours ago, lil_lil said:

How could you tell you didn't get an interview? Did someone contact you? I'm super confused, my portal still says "pending program decision" and I haven't been able to get through to anyone on the chat or via email. 

I remembered that i had number for an admissions person that helped me with my application before.

He said the email regarding interviews were sent erroneously to everyone (people who already accepted/ people who were already denied/ etc)

He said my application was still being reviewed(as stated on my application status).