Silberman Fall 2021 MSW

vincentmsw

12 hours ago, Catlady23 said:

Well, after all that crazy waiting...

I just got my notice of acceptance!!!! 

To all of you still waiting, I wish you the best of luck!!!!

Congratulations! 

Did you have to email someone or were you notified on the application portal?

12 hours ago, XGrad2021 said:

Hi! I was in the pre-orientation today as well. And I tried to put my classes in the shopping cart too and found annoying that 2 classes on the same day are offered in different modalities and one is online and the other one is in person. It's very annoying, if I'm gonna be online I want to be home. But having 2 classes in a row, one being online and the other one being in-person is aggravating I think. I wanted to do Practice lab in person but I was looking forward to not have to commute one day of the week and being in person the other day. My dreamed schedule would be practice lab in person and HB & Social Welfare online. I will reach out to the advisers asking about the mix modalities on the same day back to back. 

Are you oyr? Or two year? Cause I’m not able to put my classes in the shopping cart just yet 

Has anyone who has been accepted into the 2 year full-time track not received their welcome package yet? They said I would be receiving information in April, but nothing so far. Trying my best to be patient since I know there are a lot of moving part all around. 

12 hours ago, XGrad2021 said:

Hi! I was in the pre-orientation today as well. And I tried to put my classes in the shopping cart too and found annoying that 2 classes on the same day are offered in different modalities and one is online and the other one is in person. It's very annoying, if I'm gonna be online I want to be home. But having 2 classes in a row, one being online and the other one being in-person is aggravating I think. I wanted to do Practice lab in person but I was looking forward to not have to commute one day of the week and being in person the other day. My dreamed schedule would be practice lab in person and HB & Social Welfare online. I will reach out to the advisers asking about the mix modalities on the same day back to back. 

I think I know what you are talking about on a Tuesday if you are OYR. But I removed those options from my shopping cart I didn’t want to take a class online and the following in person. Where would we take? Idk if they would let is be in the building sitting around with Covid? But if I’m not mistaking we can take classes not reserved for your track. But I kind of want to take classes with my cohort since we will be together for 2 year’s. We should be each other’s support. But I think I’m going to meet with an advisor in May closer to registration. 

1 minute ago, Gradguy11218 said:

I think I know what you are talking about on a Tuesday if you are OYR. But I removed those options from my shopping cart I didn’t want to take a class online and the following in person. Where would we take? Idk if they would let is be in the building sitting around with Covid? But if I’m not mistaking we can take classes not reserved for your track. But I kind of want to take classes with my cohort since we will be together for 2 year’s. We should be each other’s support. But I think I’m going to meet with an advisor in May closer to registration. 

Exactly! That was my thought. I wanna be with my cohort to support each other. I think we are allowed to take other classes (although other times conflict with the 9-5 working schedule). But having to be in the building to take an online class is pointless. I will email one of the advisors and will explain this issue. 

1 hour ago, XGrad2021 said:

Exactly! That was my thought. I wanna be with my cohort to support each other. I think we are allowed to take other classes (although other times conflict with the 9-5 working schedule). But having to be in the building to take an online class is pointless. I will email one of the advisors and will explain this issue. 

I sent you a private message. 

okay, so am i right in understanding that some people in the 2-year track have received welcome packets, done pre-orientation and are able to see the class enrollment (though not actually enroll in classes yet), but not all people in the 2-year track have?

i emailed some folks at the enrollment office just now to inquire, but i want to be sure i'm not wildly off-base or missing something major. 

2 hours ago, britonline said:

okay, so am i right in understanding that some people in the 2-year track have received welcome packets, done pre-orientation and are able to see the class enrollment (though not actually enroll in classes yet), but not all people in the 2-year track have?

i emailed some folks at the enrollment office just now to inquire, but i want to be sure i'm not wildly off-base or missing something major. 

Yeah there should be more ppl getting emails about pre-orientation but if you have access to cuny first you can search classes there for fall and May out May not be able to save them in your shopping cart

Question for my 2 yr people in the Clinical practice method ...

have you received any kind of pre orientation email yet??

Also, it mentions that we should contact our graduate advisor but when I looked on the website, the advisors listed aren’t listed to match a specific method. Who is the graduate advisor for the clinical method?

I feel really silly asking these questions bc I feel like I should know the answers for some reason but then again, I just got my acceptance notice. Thank you all for your consistent help

2 hours ago, Catlady23 said:

Question for my 2 yr people in the Clinical practice method ...

have you received any kind of pre orientation email yet??

Also, it mentions that we should contact our graduate advisor but when I looked on the website, the advisors listed aren’t listed to match a specific method. Who is the graduate advisor for the clinical method?

I feel really silly asking these questions bc I feel like I should know the answers for some reason but then again, I just got my acceptance notice. Thank you all for your consistent help

I received my welcome package email and in the email was a pre-orientation website link so I reached out to advisors listed under there but I was told to just wait for more information to come through. 

I'd love to connect btw since we'll be in the same cohort :) 

12 hours ago, kimmsw said:

I received my welcome package email and in the email was a pre-orientation website link so I reached out to advisors listed under there but I was told to just wait for more information to come through. 

Im in the same cohort as well. I’d love to connect as well :)

On 4/30/2021 at 11:33 PM, kimmsw said:

I’m in the same cohort as well! Lmk how we can connect

Hey everyone. I was just fixing my shopping cart and noticed a change. Previously all classes said online, and a very few said in person. Now the majority say Hybrid, and few say online. In person amount seems to be the same. I know some had reservations about not be able to receive adequate clinical skills on ZOOM. Also for OYR specific I spoke to a advisor and she stated if the classes do not say OYR in the description we WONT be able to register for that class. Also to mirror with someone said that's in the  2 year clinical cohort. I would love to join some type of group for OYR to better communicate with our cohort specifically *although all incoming MSW are my cohort* and we can all provide support for each. 

17 minutes ago, mswhopeful21 said:

Has anyone had any luck reaching the financial aid office? I have questions about claiming my loans, appealing for work study, etc and they are not responding to any emails. Wondering if anyone has been able to speak with them directly? 

No luck! I called several times and emailed them as well.