Silberman Fall 2021 MSW

vincentmsw

1 minute ago, Gradguy11218 said:

Yes I’m ready to stimulate my mind, lost a few brain cells in quarantine lol. I will see you the 29th and in the future. Wishing you *and myself* nothing but the best in class 

Yes yes yes! Absolutely! We need all the good luck, energy and good vibes to take on this new adventure! Same for you, all the best! 

14 minutes ago, nyc_brooklyn_ said:

I interviewed last week and was told I would hear back by last Friday.

I emailed my interviewer Friday evening after I haven't heard back from them. I called and email silberman admission this week and I still haven't heard back.

Also my application status still says: pending interview

It's kind of crazy to think some ppl are still going through the admission process and other ppl are getting orientation stuff... ?‍♂️

I was a very early applicant and I wasn’t notified until 4/5 weeks after my interview and was told 3 weeks max. And the pending interview will only change once a decision is made. 

2 minutes ago, Gradguy11218 said:

I was a very early applicant and I wasn’t notified until 4/5 weeks after my interview and was told 3 weeks max. And the pending interview will only change once a decision is made. 

How early did you apply?

I submitted my application on December 22 and My application was complete on January 7 (this is when all my recommendation letters were submitted)

I interviewed  last Tuesday and the interviewer told us we will hear back by that Friday. I'm feeling a little time crunch because today is the last day to make decision for NYU.

I guess I'll hear back in 3 weeks or so. 

41 minutes ago, nyc_brooklyn_ said:

I emailed my interviewer Friday evening after I haven't heard back from them. I called and email silberman admission this week and I still haven't heard back.

It's kind of crazy to think some ppl are still going through the admission process and other ppl are getting orientation stuff... ?‍♂️

Came here to post the same thing.

I interviewed on the 24th (3 weeks ago yesterday) and was told I would hear back in no more than 3 weeks. Application status still says pending interview, which I see someone else posted is normal until a decision is made. However I emailed them about that on Monday as its been concerning to me and have not received a reply. They're really starting to piss me off, don't provide timelines if you can't stick to them. 

I also feel so bad for the people on here that have been extending their decisions for other schools. As busy as they might be doesn't the program realize how they're affecting the future of applicants?

43 minutes ago, nyc_brooklyn_ said:

I applied and finalized everything before Christmas break didn’t want to have any issues reaching ppl for recommendations etc. it’s coming best of luck. 

9 minutes ago, notforyou2know said:

I interviewed on the 24th (3 weeks ago yesterday) and was told I would hear back in no more than 3 weeks. Application status still says pending interview, which I see someone else posted is normal until a decision is made. However I emailed them about that on Monday as its been concerning to me and have not received a reply. They're really starting to piss me off, don't provide timelines if you can't stick to them. 

I also feel so bad for the people on here that have been extending their decisions for other schools. As busy as they might be doesn't the program realize how they're affecting the future of applicants?

It's really frustrating. 

They don't really respond to emails or phone calls. I had most success reaching out through the Chat function... but the hours are irregular. it says 5-6pm Mon-Thursday but they weren't online this Monday or Tuesday at that time. I was able to talk to someone on the chat yesterday but it was around 2pm.

I'm glad i'm not the only one having this issue. I hope we all hear back soon. 

2 hours ago, notforyou2know said:

I do agree with keeping your word when you a give a date. The interviewer who was a prof. said within 3 weeks. After week 3 i was a nervous wreck. More importantly some ppl are planning to move to new states etc. That takes time and planning. Registration starts in May ppl should know what they are doing by now its a huge part of our lives. 

40 minutes ago, Gradguy11218 said:

I do agree with keeping your word when you a give a date. The interviewer who was a prof. said within 3 weeks. After week 3 i was a nervous wreck. More importantly some ppl are planning to move to new states etc. That takes time and planning. Registration starts in May ppl should know what they are doing by now its a huge part of our lives. 

Exactly, this could be a life altering decision. Some people have to change their jobs, living situation and that all needs to happen sooner rather than later. The interviewer even mentioned finances and how it might pose as an issue for us. People need to know how much aid they're going to get, if they need loans, maybe even working more hours now to save up. 

This whole issue is a poor reflection of them.

Is anyone here still awaiting their interview? I've been at 'Pending Interview' for a few weeks now but haven't received an invitation to schedule anything. Quite strange. I did contact them via the online chat but didn't receive any reply or follow-up (you enter your email address). Will probably email them if I don't hear anything this week ?

12 hours ago, trahenagem said:

Is anyone here still awaiting their interview? I've been at 'Pending Interview' for a few weeks now but haven't received an invitation to schedule anything. Quite strange. I did contact them via the online chat but didn't receive any reply or follow-up (you enter your email address). Will probably email them if I don't hear anything this week ?

Yes, I would email them directly, perhaps admissions but also Meggin P. Brown or another rep there.

I JUST heard back yesterday that I was accepted! I had been on "submitted" since 2/2.  I'd already submitted my downpayment for another program, as they'd given me over a month extension at that point and I didn't want to miss out on field work opportunities. But as others had said, I'll be saving so much by going to Silberman that it will all have been worth it.  Hang in there! 

2 hours ago, MSWNYC said:

Yes, I would email them directly, perhaps admissions but also Meggin P. Brown or another rep there.

I JUST heard back yesterday that I was accepted! I had been on "submitted" since 2/2.  I'd already submitted my downpayment for another program, as they'd given me over a month extension at that point and I didn't want to miss out on field work opportunities. But as others had said, I'll be saving so much by going to Silberman that it will all have been worth it.  Hang in there! 

Congrats!!!

13 hours ago, MSWNYC said:

Which email did you use? swapp@hunter.cuny.edu?

I’ve been at submitted for awhile too, but when I went to check my application just now apparently it's down. ?

1 hour ago, Ishita Islam said:

Which email did you use? swapp@hunter.cuny.edu?

I’ve been at submitted for awhile too, but when I went to check my application just now apparently it's down. ?

You could try: mbr0005@hunter.cuny.edu  for Meggin Brown... I hope you can get an answer early next week!

I got an email, BTW, stating that there was a decision in my application. Never interviewed.. Seems like there are lots of variations down this road, and it can take a long time. Hang in there, and keep us posted!  

14 minutes ago, MSWNYC said:

You could try: mbr0005@hunter.cuny.edu  for Meggin Brown... I hope you can get an answer early next week!

I got an email, BTW, stating that there was a decision in my application. Never interviewed.. Seems like there are lots of variations down this road, and it can take a long time. Hang in there, and keep us posted!  

Thank you, I will ?

On 4/16/2021 at 7:34 AM, MSWNYC said:

I emailed them and they apologized for the delay and offered interview dates! Huzzah! 

Also, congrats on your acceptance! ?

Hi everyone! I posted on here a few weeks ago and figured I'd post an update. I found out this past week that I was accepted!!! ?

I ended up getting a follow up email in March confirming that the email to schedule an interview was a mistake. I had submitted everything before the April 1st due date for supporting documents. I got a call last Friday from Silberman saying that my application was incomplete because they had not received the OYR agreement form (it was sent but idk what happened). Monday morning it was sent again and my application was marked as complete the same day. On Friday, I received an email with my acceptance letter and I will be starting the OYR program in the Fall ?

Does anyone know how long the wait is supposed to be for your financial aid package/welcome packet? I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing right now after sending in my enrollment/acknowledge form. Quite anxious about it since I know we're supposed to register for classes soon.

31 minutes ago, Aquarius G said:

Hi everyone! I posted on here a few weeks ago and figured I'd post an update. I found out this past week that I was accepted!!! ?

I ended up getting a follow up email in March confirming that the email to schedule an interview was a mistake. I had submitted everything before the April 1st due date for supporting documents. I got a call last Friday from Silberman saying that my application was incomplete because they had not received the OYR agreement form (it was sent but idk what happened). Monday morning it was sent again and my application was marked as complete the same day. On Friday, I received an email with my acceptance letter and I will be starting the OYR program in the Fall ?

Congrats!!! there’s 3 of us OYR track on this thread that I know of. 

23 minutes ago, kimmsw said:

Does anyone know how long the wait is supposed to be for your financial aid package/welcome packet? I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing right now after sending in my enrollment/acknowledge form. Quite anxious about it since I know we're supposed to register for classes soon.

Wednesday they started sending emails about pre orientation in late April and early may. They are adding days. And May 20 something is our sw orientation so things are moving along just slow. On this thread there was me and 1 other person going to pre orientation April 29 so far. I think this week more people will get emails. 

6 hours ago, Aquarius G said:

CONGRATULATIONS! I was also accepted into the OYR program! See you soon!

Hi! I'm so happy to see all the acceptances.

I have a question I was hoping someone could maybe provide assistance with:

I was accepted in early March for the two year clinical track, and sent in my acceptance form via email as soon as I made my decision.

However, after I sent in the form, I realized about a week later that I never clicked on the enrollment link in the official acceptance letter on the application website. When I went to click on the link, I got a message that said the enrollment link was expired. I sent in an email asking if it would pose as an issue, but haven't heard back. I was told by someone (not someone from Silberman) that it was likely fine since I sent in the acceptance form and they confirmed receipt. However, as April is passing by, I'm growing more anxious about it.

I already sent an additional follow-up email, but haven't heard back yet. I was just wondering if anyone could send some words of reassurance.

One of my friends told me that someone on the admissions end might have confirmed my enrollment for me after I sent in the acceptance form, and I'm obviously hoping that's the case. 

Could anyone confirm for me what they see on their application decision? For me, under enrollment status, it says not yet started. I'm hoping that means that my decision was properly received.

Sorry for the super longwinded message. I'm just getting super worried lately and having heard about the welcome packages coming out is making me stress more.