Just now, mopate999 said:

You should come to Northeastern. I hear the program is a lot better.

Really? In what way? I actually heard the opposite, guess everyone has different opinions!

23 hours ago, dani_zee said:

Yay congrats! I'm deciding between Emerson and Northeastern

Congrats!! I'm actually still waiting to hear from Emerson, but feels like I'm rejected since it's been so long. Don't know if you were at the grad student open house for Emerson but I was actually very impressed by the experience of the students. It seemed like the program is friendly to out of the field students and takes students' traveling preference into consideration when it comes to finding placements. I do think Emerson has a smaller campus but oh well it's right next to the park. 

Don't know that much about NEU but the reason I applied to them is that the research and labs are exploring and developing the integration of technology into SLP. 

On 3/16/2021 at 1:24 PM, adi97 said:

I am mostly going to MGH IHP!! Are there any others considering going? Is there a Facebook page yet?

Hi! I think I'm going to MGH IHP also! Haven't been able to find a facebook page or groupme yet but I really want to! 

Anyone still waiting to hear back from schools? I'm still waiting on UConn and Kean. UConn is probably my second choice so I'm really hoping to hear back this week (they originally said we would hear back around 3/15)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello FREE GRADUATE SCHOOL APPLICATION RESOURCE GUIDE!! 

I am finishing graduate school at a university in California. For my capstone project, I created a resource guide for first generation BIPOC students  for applying to graduate programs. This guide is catered to schools in southern California, but has tons of information you can use to help you. I hope this guide is helpful, it is a product of self-reflection and personal experiences. I hope it will be a valuable tool for you use to use. Please feel free to share freely and widely.  Also open to suggestions & questions! 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dqr4omQdPKXQgLLVDUd2gtH-FDYsbE2H/view?usp=sharing

• 1 month later...

I applied to the University of Cincinnati online SLP program and have been waitlisted (unranked). They said we should find out by August 15th if we have been moved off of the waitlist or not. Is there something I should be doing in the meantime? Letter of continued interest? Has anyone else applied to this before or give me any advice? Thank you in advance!