4 hours ago, Butlergrad22 said:

Hi from Colorado! 

I'm applying to five schools for the Fall of 2021!!

GPA: 3.75

GRE: Q:151 V:153 A:4.0

Applied to: University of New Mexico, CU Boulder, University of Washington, Howard University, Rockhurst University

I applied to University of New Mexico too! It's my top choice at this point and feeling very anxious about it haha. Good luck to you!!

I’m an Ohio applicant! I applied to eight schools in Ohio. So far, I have interviews with Ohio University and the University of Akron. I have also been accepted by Baldwin Wallace. I’m still waiting to hear from Ohio State University, University of Cincinnati, Cleveland State University, Miami University, and Kent State University.  Good luck!! 

Hi all! It's my first time posting on here so I hope I'm posting in the right place! 

I just received an interview invitation from Mercy College this week and I'm so excited but more nervous than anything. Does anyone have any tips/advice? How should I prepare? Has anyone interviewed here or knows anyone that interviewed here that can give me some insight into the process? Thanks so much!

On 2/2/2021 at 4:12 PM, SLPA2021 said:

Hi! I applied to CSULB, CSUF, SDSU, SFSU, CSULA, CSUN, and Chapman (all California schools). 

Cumulative GPA (3.8) SLP GPA (4.0) GRE (149 V, 153 Q, 5 AW)

Applied / Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected

12 hours ago, ABC1 said:

Hi everyone! 

Did anyone heard back from Cal State, LA? I got an email from the chair department letting me know that I was rejected but, I feel like it was way too early to heard back from them.  

Hi ABC1 - CSULA does a general rejection wave when they invite people to interview (typically about 1/3 of applicants). It happened around this time last year, based on my experience of being rejected. ? I also remember being surprised by the timeline and the fact that my stats didn't make the cut, but it all worked out in the end. Hope you get better news soon. 

16 hours ago, SLPA2021 said:

Applied / Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected

10 hours ago, meadymalarkey said:

Hi ABC1 - CSULA does a general rejection wave when they invite people to interview (typically about 1/3 of applicants). It happened around this time last year, based on my experience of being rejected. ? I also remember being surprised by the timeline and the fact that my stats didn't make the cut, but it all worked out in the end. Hope you get better news soon. 

Hi meadymalarkey

Thank you for replying! This makes sense now.  I know I feel the same way :( this was one of my top choices. The good thing is that I am still waiting for couple more so hopefully I get lucky.

Thanks!

Hello from Southern California! I'm currently a post-bacc student.

I applied to Cal State LA, CSU Fullerton, San Diego State, CSU Long Beach (all SoCal schools). 

I'm really shocked that CSULA got back so quickly! The interview is via Zoom next week and I'm slightly nervous, but confident in my chances. I have a feeling that the other Cal States won't send out decisions until March, but who knows it could be sooner because everyone's working from home. Good luck to everyone!

Applied / Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected

22 hours ago, adi97 said:

Hi has anyone heard back from Boston University about interviews? I saw that one person posted that they heard back today but freaking out now since I havent heard anything yet. TIA!

I just got a rejection from them yesterday, as did about 6 other people I know who applied. I guess for you no news is good news! I was disappointed because it was my first rejection, but not too surprised because it's probably the most competitive program I applied to.

So glad I found this thread!

I am excited to see where I end up. Good luck to you all.

I graduated from my undergrad in 2018 from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) in speech-language pathology/audiology. I took some time off to get an Associates in Deaf Studies and a Certificate in American Sign Language Interpreting.

Fall 2021 Applications: University of Vermont, DePaul, Illinois State, Emerson, Indiana University, SLU, SIUE, Northeastern, Northwestern, MGH, Gallaudet, Michigan State, Univ. of Illinois, Univ. Texas Austin, GVSU (2/13), Boston University (2/5)

Applied /Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted Rejected

On 2/5/2021 at 2:07 PM, adi97 said:

Hi has anyone heard back from Boston University about interviews? I saw that one person posted that they heard back today but freaking out now since I havent heard anything yet. TIA!

I heard back on February 5th and was rejected. If you haven't heard anything, you're probably still in the running. Good luck!

On 2/6/2021 at 12:51 PM, dani_zee said:

I just got a rejection from them yesterday, as did about 6 other people I know who applied. I guess for you no news is good news! I was disappointed because it was my first rejection, but not too surprised because it's probably the most competitive program I applied to.

It was my first rejection too. I was surprised because it seemed so soon, but anyway....

20 minutes ago, mopate999 said:

So glad I found this thread!

I am excited to see where I end up. Good luck to you all.

I graduated from my undergrad in 2018 from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) in speech-language pathology/audiology. I took some time off to get an Associates in Deaf Studies and a Certificate in American Sign Language Interpreting.

Fall 2021 Applications: University of Vermont, DePaul, Illinois State, Emerson, Indiana University, SLU, SIUE, Northeastern, Northwestern, MGH, Gallaudet, Michigan State, Univ. of Illinois, Univ. Texas Austin, GVSU (2/13), Boston University (2/5)

Applied /Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted Rejected

Have you heard from UVM yet? 

Do you mind me asking what your stats are

1 minute ago, Bspeech said:

Have you heard from UVM yet? 

Do you mind me asking what your stats are

I have not. Have you? I am so nervous because different schools respond on their own timeline. I want to know within a month or so of where I am going, so I can solidify plans?

Do you live in New England? Do undergrad in New England? Is that your top school? Sorry if it seems like I am prying. I am just so curious about everyone's experiences.

2 minutes ago, mopate999 said:

I have not. Have you? I am so nervous because different schools respond on their own timeline. I want to know within a month or so of where I am going, so I can solidify plans?

Do you live in New England? Do undergrad in New England? Is that your top school? Sorry if it seems like I am prying. I am just so curious about everyone's experiences.

I have applied there and SUNY-Plattsburgh and I feel like a child not being able to wait and checking and double checking EVERYTHING (emails, mail, phone). I am not entirely sure how we will be contacted if we do receive an admissions offer. 

I live in Vermont and completed my undergrad and pre req in VT as well (pre-req's at UVM). I am SO curious as well! 

Are you from New England? Prereqs? Top school? 

Edited by Bspeech

1 minute ago, Bspeech said:

I have applied there and SUNY-Plattsburgh and I feel like a child not being able to wait and checking and double checking EVERYTHING (emails, mail, phone). I am not entirely sure how we will be contacted if we do receive an admissions offer. 

I live in Vermont and completed my undergrad and pre req in VT as well (pre-req's at UVM). I am SO curious as well! 

Are you from New England? Prereqs? Top school? 

Awesome! I am a fellow New Englander. I live in Massachusetts; originally from Illinois. I am not really sure I have a top school. I would honestly love to go to any school I applied to. I just want to hear back from all of them and then make a choice based off of cost of tuition and what not.

I did not have to do prerequisites. My undergrad was speech-language pathology/audiology.

Where have you applied?

@mopate999 Cool! UVM is what I am hoping for, I want to stay within my state but if I get rejected, I will then move on of course! I don't necessarily have a top one but one for convenience and tuition purposes, UVM would be nice! 

Hoping for the best for you! I will let you know when I hear back! Whatever the answer may be.