2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

1 hour ago, winstonian3 said:

I got a call today from an unknown number but my phone died while it was ringing ? no idea if it was Stanford or spam lol and i can't see the number anymore

I think they show number... But you'll get an official email eventually but i heard that doesn't come until a couple of weeks. So basically, the waiting game is playing hard.

10 minutes ago, Neuropsy said:

I think they show number... But you'll get an official email eventually but i heard that doesn't come until a couple of weeks. So basically, the waiting game is playing hard.

oh i meant there was a number but it was unsaved in my contacts. wish i could go back and see area code!

11 minutes ago, winstonian3 said:

oh i meant there was a number but it was unsaved in my contacts. wish i could go back and see area code!

Oh i see! yeah pretty sure its 650. It seems like they send invite calls slowly.. so expect to keep hearing between today and next week. I am feeling that a round of invites will be going out this evening in probably about 1-2 hours!

Hi!

Wanted to let folks know I've now gotten interview invites from UCSF, UC Davis, Utah, and Stanford! And a rejection from UW. (All Neuro) Hope that helps you guys out!

Have people heard from Berkeley MCB, Colorado Neuro, or Harvard?

1 hour ago, Neuropsy said:

I got the Stanford email today, sorry!

18 hours ago, Ugochukwu583 said:

anyone heard from any of these schools?

harvard

stanford

yale (interdepartmental neuroscience program)

princeton

emory

wustl

cold spring harbour 

uni of utah

brown uni

duke uni (neurobiology. 

I've gotten interview invites from Utah and Stanford. Don't know about the other schools sorry!

7 minutes ago, GibonFrog said:

When do schools typically stop sending interview invites? Are we on the tail end of the process?

It really depends on the school. Some have not even sent out any invites yet. Also, schools might even reach out to you later if people cancel an interview last minute. I have heard crazy stories of people getting invited to interview super last minute and unexpectedly!

36 minutes ago, neuro7 said:

It really depends on the school. Some have not even sent out any invites yet. Also, schools might even reach out to you later if people cancel an interview last minute. I have heard crazy stories of people getting invited to interview super last minute and unexpectedly!

Very nice to hear! You're gonna give me some false hope haha. I have gotten 3 interviews so far so I should be grateful, but honestly I am greedy for some of my reach schools to reply back.

11 minutes ago, GibonFrog said:

Very nice to hear! You're gonna give me some false hope haha. I have gotten 3 interviews so far so I should be grateful, but honestly I am greedy for some of my reach schools to reply back.

haha trust me! I got interviews from schools I was sure would straight up reject me, so anything is possible. It's fine, I am sure everyone is feeling greedy too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by neuro7

5 hours ago, abineuro said:

I just got an email back from BGS today, and they said that NGG is sending out on a rolling basis, so they expect us to hear by the end of the month at the latest. I am also going crazy with anticipation!

Ahhh thanks! I'm so glad to hear this but it's hard to know it can be any day!

Hey! Does anybody know anything about the process for schools that don't have the rotation program? A PI from UCSB reached out to me and asked to set up a meeting with me next week. Is this the actual interview? Or is this just like a pre-interview? I'm not sure how it works for schools where you go directly into a lab (do the PIs have the final say?). Thanks! 

4 hours ago, GibonFrog said:

i just have one invite. wish i could get more—up to 5 so i know i’m on a safer side. 

5 minutes ago, Ugochukwu583 said:

who has an idea how many applicants are invited for interview in a typical school? and how many gets in. 

for top schools, i think it is usually 40- 50 from which around 30 ppl get accepted? 

3 hours ago, electrophys said:

Hey! Does anybody know anything about the process for schools that don't have the rotation program? A PI from UCSB reached out to me and asked to set up a meeting with me next week. Is this the actual interview? Or is this just like a pre-interview? I'm not sure how it works for schools where you go directly into a lab (do the PIs have the final say?). Thanks! 

Is this the DYNS program?