2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

Honestly, I would not use global rankings as a reliable source when comparing between programs :) Each program has its pros and cons, and the most important part is to find a solid list (>5) PIs that you want to work with. Even if you landed in a arbitrarily "higher ranking" program, it does not guarantee that you will find more PIs that have similar interests as yours. Finally I believe USC is a wonderful program and it can definitely compare with most of the UCs. 

2 hours ago, luluhaya said:

Among people who got interview invitation from CMU PNC,

have you guys got any follow-up mail? The interview schedule is 20-28, and havent' get any info yet. Maybe I'm being too much anxious..

No mail yet. But I interviewed for PSN too and I expect them to send a mail today. Anyway, interviews should be next week. The intro and social interactions may take place over the weekend. that's my guess, if that makes you less anxious! good luck!

7 hours ago, luluhaya said:

Among people who got interview invitation from CMU PNC,

have you guys got any follow-up mail? The interview schedule is 20-28, and havent' get any info yet. Maybe I'm being too much anxious..

No email yet either. except for the updated faculty list link

1 hour ago, aeg42x said:

I just got an email from BU, but it’s for an invite to “virtual recruitment activities” on Feb 28 and March 1. Does anyone know what that means?

I got the same thing, not entirely sure what it means. 

On 1/17/2022 at 12:59 AM, mgmgmgm said:

Has anyone heard from UMiami, Einstein (biomedical sciences) , TempleU , Columbia and UCLA?

Already got 3 invites but radio silence from the ones above :(

I applied to 10 programs, but with two rejections already, I am frustrated about not having applied to more of them ?

I have an interview with UMiami PiBS next month. I did a preliminary interview last month first

3 hours ago, restingmicroglia said:

I have an interview with UMiami PiBS next month. I did a preliminary interview last month first

For UMiami, my friend who works in my lab got an interview too in the upcoming weeks. Guess he didn't need the preliminary cuz he works here as a lab tech at UMiami. 

2 minutes ago, abineuro said:

Has anyone heard from UPenn NGG lately or know whether or not they are still sending out interview invites? Also, does anyone know when their second interview weekend is in February?

Has UPenn NGG already scheduled a first round of interviews? 

If anyone has news about UPenn NGG and UChicago Computational Neuroscience, please let me know here! Thanks in advance.

On 1/20/2022 at 11:58 AM, restingmicroglia said:

Welp thats disappointing :( Did you apply through BioMedCas or their own website?

Edited by mgmgmgm

51 minutes ago, abineuro said:

Has anyone heard from UPenn NGG lately or know whether or not they are still sending out interview invites? Also, does anyone know when their second interview weekend is in February?

I am also waiting to hear from them (dying inside), but I spoke to a student I know there and she said this weekend is the first interview weekend, and the second interview weekend is about a month from now. So, I imagine they still are sending invites? I hope so anyway!

4 hours ago, abineuro said:

For those who are waiting for UPenn NGG, when did you submit applications? I am also waiting for mine.. I submitted mine 11/20 but received my last rec letter on the last day of November. I am curious whether they're reviewing apps chronologically