2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

1 hour ago, doodlynoodly said:

Did people who are having interviews with Columbia already get a post that admission committee said?

Dk exactly what is included in the post but didn't get anything yet 

did you already have your interview or are you having it later this month? i haven't gotten anything and i'm having mine on feb 18 

On 1/26/2022 at 6:28 PM, wistem11 said:

Thank you! I was just wondering because I interviewed earlier in January and wanted to have an idea of when they might get back to us.

They are doing a round of interviews right now, and there is another round left (I'm not sure when exactly the that is, but I assume next week or the week after). I interviewed early last year as well, and waited almost 5 weeks before I had an update. I'm a first year at Drexel right now, so just wanted to let you know in case you are anxious like I definitely was a year ago.

28 minutes ago, actionpotential said:

They are doing a round of interviews right now, and there is another round left (I'm not sure when exactly the that is, but I assume next week or the week after). I interviewed early last year as well, and waited almost 5 weeks before I had an update. I'm a first year at Drexel right now, so just wanted to let you know in case you are anxious like I definitely was a year ago.

Thank you so much for letting me know! This definitely eased my anxiety. I interviewed almost 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything and was getting worried. Glad to hear that you waited 5 weeks and still were accepted!

30 minutes ago, actionpotential said:

Also, do you know if they wait until after all the interviews are done to send any acceptances?

7 minutes ago, wistem11 said:

Also, do you know if they wait until after all the interviews are done to send any acceptances?

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure they do. Some people in my cohort were interviewed in the last round last year and only had to wait a few days. So hopefully you only have a week or two left of waiting! 

17 minutes ago, actionpotential said:

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure they do. Some people in my cohort were interviewed in the last round last year and only had to wait a few days. So hopefully you only have a week or two left of waiting! 

Good to know, thanks for the info! If you hear when the last interview day is, let me know :)

Has anyone interviewing at Northwestern IBiS program this weekend Feb 6th-8th heard anything about the schedule yet? I had to last-minute change my interview date to this weekend so I am worried that some communications were lost, and I wanted to check on here first before I start bothering someone on the admissions committee ?

2 hours ago, littleneuroscientist said:

Has anyone who has already interviewed for Vandy IGP (first couple of weeks of January) got an update? I was told we would hear back potentially by jan 31 if it was an immediate yes and I haven't gotten anything yet :( 

they will send update within next two weeks! I found this out in our Slack group

Have anyone of your interviewed/rejected/ accepted to any of these programs? I have an offer in hand from a good program but can't make up my mind before receiving a definitive decision from these schools - 

1. UAB GBS Microbiology track

2. UT Health San Antonio IBMS Molecular Microbiology and Immunology

3. Washington State University iPBS

Thanks in advance

On 2/1/2022 at 7:38 PM, wistem11 said:

Did anyone who interviewed at Pitt get an invite to attend the CNBC Pitt-Carnegie Mellon visiting day? Haven't heard anything back from Pitt yet but I'm wondering if this is for all interviewees or if it means something?

I also got the mail just now, I was interviewed at CMU PNC. But I also haven’t heard back anything from CMU yet 

On 1/31/2022 at 5:51 PM, doodlynoodly said:

Did people who are having interviews with Columbia already get a post that admission committee said?

Dk exactly what is included in the post but didn't get anything yet 

Hey, I also interviewed at Columbia last week. I wonder what post did you get? I didn't get anything. Thanks!

21 hours ago, doodlynoodly said:

I also got the mail just now, I was interviewed at CMU PNC. But I also haven’t heard back anything from CMU yet 

wait,,, this is kinda confusing. so you guys applied to Pitts, interviewed at CMU PNC, and got invitation to on-site visiting day from CMU or Pitt? 

On 2/2/2022 at 10:48 AM, biomed69 said:

Have anyone of your interviewed/rejected/ accepted to any of these programs? I have an offer in hand from a good program but can't make up my mind before receiving a definitive decision from these schools - 

1. UAB GBS Microbiology track

2. UT Health San Antonio IBMS Molecular Microbiology and Immunology

3. Washington State University iPBS

Thanks in advance

I am doing my undergrad at WSU neuroscience. If you have any questions lmk.