2022 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum

CanadianKate

8 minutes ago, sassydragon said:

Looks like a Cornell poetry acceptance has gone out. Also, someone got a call from NYU with a fully funded offer (Poetry). These are results I saw on Draft. Not my results : )

Thank you for updating re: Draft for those of us in the dark :) I hope we hear about Fiction from both soon. Gahhh.

Also, sorry to those of you waiting on me to send workshop comments. I've been too anxious to do much of anything.

Edited by MDP

6 minutes ago, sassydragon said:

Looks like a Cornell poetry acceptance has gone out. Also, someone got a call from NYU with a fully funded offer (Poetry). These are results I saw on Draft. Not my results : )

this feels a little relieving to hear honestly. i'm sure i have no shot at cornell fiction, but at the very least, i can stop staring at my gmail inbox every twenty minutes or so.

1 minute ago, maryak99 said:

this feels a little relieving to hear honestly. i'm sure i have no shot at cornell fiction, but at the very least, i can stop staring at my gmail inbox every twenty minutes or so.

I'm with you. Mercifully, seems like they send out rejects pretty close to acceptances, so we'll both hopefully know soon!

1 minute ago, poem for her said:

according to draft, cornell poetry acceptances (in the form of calls/voicemails), waitlist notifications, and rejections have gone out today. best of luck to everyone who applied!

Gahhhh. No fiction yet in there?

17 minutes ago, poem for her said:

none that i can see, but i'll keep everyone here updated since i'm also awaiting a fiction response ? possibly later this week? good luck to you!

Thanks so much!! Good luck to you too — fingers crossed for us both

Just looked at Results again and apparently someone got a call on Friday about fellowship and acceptance at Naropa's Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics ? feeling very nervous now about a) acceptance and b) fellowship/funding, especially as I was very forward with admissions about interest in teaching and it was in my personal statement and I currently teach English as a New Language

On 2/22/2022 at 3:54 PM, poem for her said:

according to draft, cornell poetry acceptances (in the form of calls/voicemails), waitlist notifications, and rejections have gone out today. best of luck to everyone who applied!

Well I guess I can assume that since I received no calls from NY that I’ve been rejected from Cornell. I’m afraid to check my email to confirm—don’t want to get emotional at work. And to get on the bandwagon on what programs I’m waiting to hear back: 

a: 0

r: WUSTL, UO, IU, UM, Vanderbilt, Cornell

Still waiting to hear from: Brown, Iowa, VA Tech, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, UT—MCW, UT—NWP, UV, and UC—Boulder

With 6 rejections so far, I think I’ve already entered the acceptance stage of mourning—I know, I know, I’m not dealing with death or anything nearly as dramatic, but failure can feel like a sort of loss. I won’t let it get to me though. I’m already submitting to summer workshops. Fingers crossed I at least get an acceptance to a workshop. : /

44 minutes ago, questioningquestions said:

Is anyone else waiting to hear from Iowa for poetry? Since fiction acceptances went out last week and all

I think poetry is typically staggered after fiction, and I am also *guessing* more fiction results are coming. They normally take at least a few days to finish, and I think only three fiction acceptances have been reported so far (and all on Friday?). Hopefully everything for IWW will be out soon!

EDIT: I spoke too soon!!! Looks like there’s a poetry acceptance on the results page!

Edited by noelle17
Refreshed the results page

i still haven’t heard back from UBC, and i’ve only seen one post overall (a waitlist)… is there a possibility that more emails might still go out since they usually notify all acceptances/rejections/waitlists on the same day? maybe they notify international applicants later?

trying to keep my head up but congrats to all who have had a great 2/22/22 2day :) 

8 hours ago, noelle17 said:

I think poetry is typically staggered after fiction, and I am also *guessing* more fiction results are coming. They normally take at least a few days to finish, and I think only three fiction acceptances have been reported so far (and all on Friday?). Hopefully everything for IWW will be out soon!

EDIT: I spoke too soon!!! Looks like there’s a poetry acceptance on the results page!

I definitely think that result is a fake one since no one else posted an acceptance on the GradCafe results page or the Draft page. And it only got posted when I asked if anyone else was waiting to hear back from Iowa lol

6 hours ago, floralhell said:

I don't know, folks ... something tells me that's not Jess ??

It's almost kind of sad how one person keeps making different accounts to say cringe things on an online forum lol. It's very much serving jaded middle schooler mad about their crush not liking them back

2 hours ago, questioningquestions said:

It's almost kind of sad how one person keeps making different accounts to say cringe things on an online forum lol. It's very much serving jaded middle schooler mad about their crush not liking them back

Possibly the most pathetic thing is how obsessed they've gotten with some of the regulars here, to the point of actually tracking their notification statuses. Who does this? Who admits to it? How embarrassing. If you want senpai to notice you, this is not the way. 

Edited by fireflystasis