PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

2 hours ago, Public_health_and_cats said:

Hey, I have not yet for BSHS program! And I reached out yesterday to confirm that my registration went through because I had not received a confirmation or any other information. Linda said that I should get more information soon.

3 hours ago, StePhDen said:

For anyone who received an interview day invite from Brown -- have you heard anything beyond the invite about a more formal structure / info to join the interview day? 

Current schedule (in EST) looks like the following across programs:

9-9:30: General Welcome

9:30-10: Why Brown/Providence?

then breakout activities per specific program to follow - an hourlong program-specific breakout, a panel with current students, then some sort of interview portion depending on availability. You should probably hear back by EOD.

23 minutes ago, aca105 said:

Current schedule (in EST) looks like the following across programs:

9-9:30: General Welcome

9:30-10: Why Brown/Providence?

then breakout activities per specific program to follow - an hourlong program-specific breakout, a panel with current students, then some sort of interview portion depending on availability. You should probably hear back by EOD.

Just got the email with the full schedule and the specific interviews in the afternoon! Thanks!

On 1/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, DrPHPlans said:

I'm with you! It's nice to see another DrPH applicant. It seems like our decisions are sent out so much later. Rutgers DrPH should come out this week or next. I was told by them that if I don't hear by the end of the first week in Feb, I can reach out and ask. Everyone else though... March. JHU just said probably LATE March during an event I attended last week. 

It's also nice to see someone else apply to Rutgers! I applied to Rutgers, UIC, UNC, and JHU. 

Nice to see others who applied to Rutgers DrPH.  Where did you hear that they may be sending out results within this timeline? (From the department or admissions?) I also mainly applied to mainly online DrPH programs but hoping for Rutgers, as I drive past it to and from work, when we aren't virtual. 

Best of luck to you! (Also, I have no idea how to use this platform, forgive me if I did it incorrectly).

50 minutes ago, publichealthPhD said:

I received an invitation to Emory's recruitment week for the PhD in Global Health and Development :). It will be Feb 2-11. 

That's great! Congratulations! Best of luck in your interviews. I applied as well but haven't heard back. Given that recruitment week starts next week, I'll take that as my first rejection. I hope you get in!

I was interviewed today for the University of Maryland, College Park Health Services Research PhD program. They said they are still doing interviews and their timeline to release results will be two to three weeks. I feel it may be longer.

12 hours ago, EPI-PhD said:

Has anyone heard from Rutgers PhD in Epidemiology Program?

Yes, I have gone through 2 interviews in the past few weeks. First time for professor who are interested in working with me and the second one probably from the admission committee? I am not sure about this. 

11 hours ago, DrPH Hopeful 2022 said:

That's great! Congratulations! Best of luck in your interviews. I applied as well but haven't heard back. Given that recruitment week starts next week, I'll take that as my first rejection. I hope you get in!

Thank you! It was addressed to me by name, so it's possible they're sending them out one at a time. I hope you hear from them too.

7 hours ago, hero838019 said:

Yes, I have gone through 2 interviews in the past few weeks. First time for professor who are interested in working with me and the second one probably from the admission committee? I am not sure about this. 

Thank you! Do you know if they out invitations all at once or a few at a time? Trying to deicide if I should hold onto hope :(

Question, if I had a pub come out today in a big medical journal (editorial not original research) that was not included in my application, would it be worth sending to the school?  I am waiting for Harvard Policy. I already list like 14 pubs I think but this one is also noteworthy.....

Edited by vancouverrunner

29 minutes ago, vancouverrunner said:

Question, if I had a pub come out today in a big medical journal (editorial not original research) that was not included in my application, would it be worth sending to the school?  I am waiting for Harvard Policy. I already list like 14 pubs I think but this one is also noteworthy.....

I asked Harvard about a similar question, adding a noteworthy result that came in after the deadline into my application. And this was their response, "We do not allow additions or edits to submitted applications. Applicants are advised to be sure to review the entire application to ensure it is complete and final, ..."

Buuuuut, I still think there is no harm in notifying them! Especially for ourselves- knowing that we tried our best! 

40 minutes ago, vancouverrunner said:

Congratulations! Did you have it listed in your CV already as submitted or in press? If you get contacted for an interview, you can always mention it. It should also eventually pop up on your pubmed / google scholar profile!

1 hour ago, HopefulPhDinEPI said:

Hi all, I just received an email from Boston University to join their Student Coffee Chats. I just wanted to know if this a good sign or if everyone received it? 

I did get that email as well. I think it’s sent out to everyone. February is just next week! Let’s see how it goes ☺️