PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

6 minutes ago, vancouverrunner said:

Nice! Congrats. Mind if I ask you your stats? Curious to the backgrounds :)

>25 papers, including 10 first authors and pubs in major public health/health policy journals. Undergrad and MPH at a major public health school. National and university awards. 2.5 years in an industry position.

I have applied to the PhD in PHS program (SBS track), Harvard. Haven't heard anything yet from the University. However, one of the potential PIs that I contacted in November (sort of a 30 minutes informal interview) replied today saying that I can expect to hear something by mid-Feb. Never got a formal interview invite. Is it possible to get a favorable decision without an interview? Anyone from SBS track?

21 hours ago, smellycat said:

oh wow - so people could be accepted into the program without meeting anyone on faculty/no interview? That is so strange. I wonder why some receive an interview, and others will not.

edit:was this for the epi track?

That was my thought process as well. And yes, epi track.

On 1/21/2022 at 12:07 AM, healtheconphd said:

Hello all! Just discovered GradCafe today and now I hooked!

I applied to the following programs (all health economics tracks) and I've heard back from the first three:

• Johns Hopkins PhD Health Policy & Management (Interviewed on 1/13)
  • Stanford PhD Health Policy (Interviewing on 1/31, 2/4)
  • UPenn Wharton Health Care Management & Economics (Interviewing on 2/11)
  • Harvard PhD Health Policy (no word yet)
  • Yale PhD Health Policy & Management (no word yet)
  • Berkeley PhD Health Policy (no word yet)

Has anyone heard from the latter three? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Update: I have a short zoom interview with Berkeley on 1/24

12 hours ago, Joel12 said:

Hi all! 2nd year of PhD apps for me. HPA/HPM track

I have an interview with U of Illinois Chicago this week. More than I got last year! Pretty nervous, but it’s only 30 min. Waiting to hear back from others. 

Wishing you all the best!

It looks like a bunch of Epidemiology PhD rejections for Emory University went out today according to this site's results page. Has anyone heard from their PhD in Global Health & Development? It's the only School of Public Health PhD program I don't see an update for on the results page. I assume they are on a similar timeline and my rejection is forthcoming...

Edited by DrPH Hopeful 2022

On 1/21/2022 at 10:15 AM, medception said:

I also haven't heard from Harvard or Yale (both econ tracks), however it looks like silent rejections for me from Wharton and Michigan. I also interviewed for the JHU Health Econ track on 01/13.

Updates are below:

1) BU PhD HSR (Interviewed 01/05, next interview 02/11)

2) Johns Hopkins PhD Health Economics and Policy (Interviewed 01/13)

3) GW Health Policy (Interviewed 01/17)

4) Brown PhD HSR (Interview 01/28)

No word from JHU HSR, Yale HSR, Harvard Health Policy, and UMN HSR.

Update - received interview day agenda from Brown HSR for Friday, 01/28/2022. And second interview with BU HSR is 02/11/2022. 

Expecting rejections from JHU HSR, Yale HSR, Harvard Health Policy, and UMN HSR.

JHU Health Econ (and my alma mater) is my top choice. Expecting a decision sometime next week.