Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

26 minutes ago, triangulum21 said:

for those who applied to mcmaster's psychotherapy program, did you guys get a MacID login for Mosaic? I didn't get anything of that sort and wondering if i missed it. 

I didn’t get one! I just got the login for SGS. I don’t think they’re using Mosaic for applicants this year but I could be wrong!

1 hour ago, psyc1818 said:

Is it true that those on the waiting list for UOttawa won’t find out if they have a spot until mid-July? That seems so late. :(

A2EDD064-8FBB-4CFE-94D5-073D22C358E6.jpeg

omg where did you see this? on the website that they would try their best before June 1st! Mid-July is crazy late especially for students who have to find apartments :( (to note tho I saw on the forum last year that someone on the waiting list got an admissions offer end of March, so that's our hope it'll be sooner!)  773645784_ScreenShot2022-02-21at7_42_39PM.thumb.png.fcbd1b622493bd63041b2f5866872436.png

Edited by anxiouspsyc

1 hour ago, anxiouspsyc said:

omg where did you see this? on the website that they would try their best before June 1st! Mid-July is crazy late especially for students who have to find apartments :( (to note tho I saw on the forum last year that someone on the waiting list got an admissions offer end of March, so that's our hope it'll be sooner!)  773645784_ScreenShot2022-02-21at7_42_39PM.thumb.png.fcbd1b622493bd63041b2f5866872436.png

oh this is probably the more accurate information then! the info i found in my last post was from the general graduate program FAQ. june 1st would definitely be better! 

51 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

Has anyone heard from MEd counselling at UofT? Getting super impatient here. 

We’ll probably here from OISE in March. I looked a previous forums and it looks like they give out results in March. So I’d wait until mid March. I’m getting impatient too lol but we just have to wait !:) 

Just now, Psycgradschool_2000 said:

We’ll probably here from OISE in March. I looked a previous forums and it looks like they give out results in March. So I’d wait until mid March. I’m getting impatient too lol but we just have to wait !:) 

Yes, that’s true I noticed that too! Trying to use DBT skills here during this intense waiting game. Good luck to all of us! 

On 2/21/2022 at 9:51 AM, Psychsucks said:

Hey everyone,

did anyone hear from uofA ?? Any one got rejection letters? Acceptance letter? I dont understand how they would send waitlist before anything else?

any clues?

I'm waitlisted for the course based but did not hear of anything about the thesis based, so I am assuming it's either an acceptance or a rejection. Also makes no sense to me why they sent the waitlist out well before the rejections & acceptances...

Has anyone heard from Western or reached out about Counselling Psychology? I assumed we would have heard back by now.

Also anyone who was waitlisted for an interview with McMaster Psychotherapy have you heard from them at all? I assume they are still doing interviews but I would like to be moved off the waitlist so i have some kind of chance.

54 minutes ago, PsycTherapy said:

Has anyone heard from Western or reached out about Counselling Psychology? I assumed we would have heard back by now.

Also anyone who was waitlisted for an interview with McMaster Psychotherapy have you heard from them at all? I assume they are still doing interviews but I would like to be moved off the waitlist so i have some kind of chance.

I’m still waiting to hear back from Western and I know someone mentioned that as well. Hopefully, we’ll know by the end of the week.  Also I was waitlisted for the McMaster interview  too but haven’t heard back. The interviews were held a few weeks ago so I’m not sure what that means.

I think being put on the waitlist with McMaster probably means that of all the people they interviewed, some got offered admission. If those got offered admission rejected the offer, the spot opens for those who are on the waitlist to be interviewed.  Maybe they will consider the ones they interviewed but didn't offer an admission first.  I don't know... maybe a combination of both?

Edited by PsychMocha

Hi guys. Some concerning news:

I was on the grad forum results page to see if anyone had reported getting an interview with Guelph, and the last poster had posted this on February 17th: As someone with some information to share: Apparently, the CFT program is going through some changes and will not be interviewing/accepting students for Fall 2022. I would imagine the department will communicate something to applicants in the coming weeks. I am sorry to share this unfortunate news.

Obviously, take this with a grain of salt as I am unsure how accurate this is, however it makes a lot of sense. I saw on the CFT FAQ page during applications that they were removing the major thesis component for the thesis stream starting F23. So perhaps due to this major change they would have to go through an extensive process to become accredited again. Not entirely sure but just making guesses at this point. Now it kind of makes sense why all of us were just getting rejected left and right with no logical reasoning. And I guess this is also why we haven't heard of anyone getting an interview invite. It's truly really frustrating if this post is true because even if they refund us the money, they can't give back our time and effort that we all put into these applications just for them to not accept anyone this year. Very upsetting. Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Take care.

Results page link: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/?per_page=20&q=&institution=University+of+Guelph&program=couple+and+family+therapy&degree=Masters

CFT FAQ page link: https://family.uoguelph.ca/information-cft-applicants

1 hour ago, MHTherapy said:

I was on the grad forum results page to see if anyone had reported getting an interview with Guelph, and the last poster had posted this on February 17th: As someone with some information to share: Apparently, the CFT program is going through some changes and will not be interviewing/accepting students for Fall 2022. I would imagine the department will communicate something to applicants in the coming weeks. I am sorry to share this unfortunate news.

Obviously, take this with a grain of salt as I am unsure how accurate this is, however it makes a lot of sense. I saw on the CFT FAQ page during applications that they were removing the major thesis component for the thesis stream starting F23. So perhaps due to this major change they would have to go through an extensive process to become accredited again. Not entirely sure but just making guesses at this point. Now it kind of makes sense why all of us were just getting rejected left and right with no logical reasoning. And I guess this is also why we haven't heard of anyone getting an interview invite. It's truly really frustrating if this post is true because even if they refund us the money, they can't give back our time and effort that we all put into these applications just for them to not accept anyone this year. Very upsetting. Please feel free to share your thoughts!

Take care.

Results page link: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/?per_page=20&q=&institution=University+of+Guelph&program=couple+and+family+therapy&degree=Masters

Is this actually true? If so I will email the University and ask for a refund because that is completely unfair to all the students who worked on an application and paid to apply just for no one to be admitted. 

Take care.

That's so disappointing, I feel for everyone who applied to this program!

5 minutes ago, PsycTherapy said:

Is this actually true? If so I will email the University and ask for a refund because that is completely unfair to all the students who worked on an application and paid to apply just for no one to be admitted. 

I agree!! I’m not sure how true this is but so far, considering the university hasn’t reached out to anyone about interviews, I’m assuming this must have some truth to it. It also seems like the person who posted this has information on the inside (perhaps connections to those in the program currently or a current student themselves). It’s really upsetting to think this may be true, and if it is true I definitely think they should refund us back. But like I said, money is one thing and our time and effort is another. Not sure how they could give that back to us. Also, I thought it was really sketchy that Shauna hasn’t responded to any emails since applications were submitted, perhaps due to the truthfulness of this post. Hopefully they reach out soon to clear this up. Wishing for the best nonetheless!

Edited by MHTherapy

Take care.

Wow …. this is unfortunate and very confusing. As someone who did apply to this program and knowing that some applicant’s statuses have changed to refused, I am wondering if maybe they aren’t doing interviews but still accepting candidates. The only reason I am wondering this is because my status is still “All documents received”. While I hope that this idea may be true, I don’t have high hopes that it is given the information that was shared and am assuming that a rejection is coming soon. 

Overall… wow

Question for anyone who applied to UOttawa: 

Does anyone still have their application under review? Im wondering if they have given out acceptances yet but all I've seen are waitlists (and like a lot of them)?

Does anyone think its possible that they might have done a first round of rejections + waitlists and then going through the waitlists and accepting from there? (I know thats not the general way grad schools do it, but could this be a possibility?)

Edited by anxiouspsyc

4 minutes ago, never stop dreaming said:

Wow …. this is unfortunate and very confusing. As someone who did apply to this program and knowing that some applicant’s statuses have changed to refused, I am wondering if maybe they aren’t doing interviews but still accepting candidates. The only reason I am wondering this is because my status is still “All documents received”. While I hope that this idea may be true, I don’t have high hopes that it is given the information that was shared and am assuming that a rejection is coming soon. 

Overall… wow

Yeah I'm really not sure what to think of all of this. I was thinking of emailing them and just straight up asking if this is true since it's already circulating on the internet. But at the same time I don't have hopes that they will respond lol. There is still hope since your status hasn't changed! But they usually reach out by now to interview people because their decisions are sent out in mid march. Very confusing.

Also, does anyone know what's happening with Mac's waitlist? I know they did their interviews last Monday so they're probably in the works of accepting some of those people. Just feeling really impatient especially having not heard from the other unis. This year feels especially odd for us applicants. If anyone has any information about the Mac waitlist please feel free to share here or over dms! Also if you know anybody who has even made it off the waitlist to interview for this program i'd love to get in touch! 

1 minute ago, MHTherapy said:

Also, does anyone know what's happening with Mac's waitlist? I know they did their interviews last Monday so they're probably in the works of accepting some of those people. Just feeling really impatient especially having not heard from the other unis. This year feels especially odd for us applicants. If anyone has any information about the Mac waitlist please feel free to share here or over dms! Also if you know anybody who has even made it off the waitlist to interview for this program i'd love to get in touch! 

Same here! Any information that can be provided would be very appreciated!