Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

5 minutes ago, optimisticfutureinpsyc said:

Does it show whether you've been waitlisted through the portal or do they email you? I haven't received an email yet and my portal still says "under review." :( I dont know if I should take this as a bad sign

Quick question, my application still shows "pre-screening." Do you happen to recall if "under review" is after that stage or before? Or which of the four yellow boxes "under review" is? Thank you!

1 minute ago, ghostbunny said:

Quick question, my application still shows "pre-screening." Do you happen to recall if "under review" is after that stage or before? Or which of the four yellow boxes "under review" is? Thank you!

Hey! So the third box is yellow and the application status says "under review." I believe "pre-screening" is the one before "under review." :) 

9 minutes ago, optimisticfutureinpsyc said:

Does it show whether you've been waitlisted through the portal or do they email you? I haven't received an email yet and my portal still says "under review." :( I dont know if I should take this as a bad sign

No it does not, they emailed me. If it helps I have also applied for the thesis based but did not hear anything about a waitlist there despite someone above mentioning it also went out. I haven't heard of any acceptances for either yet so I take no email as either a rejection or acceptance haha

Just now, optimisticfutureinpsyc said:

Hey! So the third box is yellow and the application status says "under review." I believe "pre-screening" is the one before "under review." :) 

Ah okay, I'm a bit worried now since mine has not changed from "pre-screening" yet ? But that's good to know, thank you!

19 minutes ago, lishlish said:

Guelph actually cancelled all interviews for this year :(

Are they accepting without interviews or not accepting anyone? I didn't apply but had considered before I decided not to. Would hate for people to have paid the application fee just for the program to decide not to accept anyone ?

34 minutes ago, T.O.hopeful said:

Are they accepting without interviews or not accepting anyone? I didn't apply but had considered before I decided not to. Would hate for people to have paid the application fee just for the program to decide not to accept anyone ?

So I am trying to find out if they are accepting applicants and only cancelling interviews or what is happening here.. upon googling I see this.. this is for the program and where students do their placements.

633748813_ScreenShot2022-02-16at8_19_22PM.thumb.png.ff3c688260c9eee02ce4a74ebab0844f.png

10 minutes ago, never stop dreaming said:

So I am trying to find out if they are accepting applicants and only cancelling interviews or what is happening here.. upon googling I see this.. this is for the program and where students do their placements.

633748813_ScreenShot2022-02-16at8_19_22PM.thumb.png.ff3c688260c9eee02ce4a74ebab0844f.png

I noticed this last fall when I was exploring the program site, so it's been closed for a while, well before the application deadline. So I feel that this centre being closed should be unrelated to not doing interviews this year but I don't really know 

26 minutes ago, T.O.hopeful said:

I noticed this last fall when I was exploring the program site, so it's been closed for a while, well before the application deadline. So I feel that this centre being closed should be unrelated to not doing interviews this year but I don't really know 

Oh okay, good. I am relieved! Thank you for sharing!

U of O Med application status has been updated to "refused". Knew it my heart that it was coming but it still feels like a punch to the gut. Congrats to all those who are successful. To the rest of us, see you next year.

From U of O Med:

"After carefully reviewing your application for admission, the Admissions Committee regrets to inform you that we will not be able to admit you.

Every year, we receive a large number of high-quality applications and the program can only accept a limited number of students.

We thank you for your interest in our program and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors."

21 minutes ago, Tryingmybesthere said:

U of O Med application status has been updated to "refused". Knew it my heart that it was coming but it still feels like a punch to the gut. Congrats to all those who are successful. To the rest of us, see you next year.

From U of O Med:

"After carefully reviewing your application for admission, the Admissions Committee regrets to inform you that we will not be able to admit you.

Every year, we receive a large number of high-quality applications and the program can only accept a limited number of students.

We thank you for your interest in our program and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors."

I'm sorry to hear that!!! Did they email you or did you have to check via the portal

3 hours ago, anxiouspsyc said:

Just checked UofO application and got waitlisted. For those who were accepted, did they give you a deadline to accept? Just trying to figure out if I should still have hope that I'll get in.

My U ottawa application still says "under evaluation," ☹️ I wonder what this means... Is this a bad thing?? Ugh this is making me so stressed out

25 minutes ago, optimisticfutureinpsyc said:

My U ottawa application still says "under evaluation," ☹️ I wonder what this means... Is this a bad thing?? Ugh this is making me so stressed out

So far, I've only seen rejections from U ottawa (and my waitlist) so maybe they're pushing out the acceptances tomorrow or next week? I don't think any one has been officially accepted yet (based on this forum/the results page). Id take it as a good sign!

6 hours ago, anxiouspsyc said:

Just checked UofO application and got waitlisted. For those who were accepted, did they give you a deadline to accept? Just trying to figure out if I should still have hope that I'll get in.

Same here, I got waitlisted for the MEd and Refused for the M.A.

Nothing from U of T MEd program, or Western MA, or Guelph CFT yet.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. 

Keep your hopes up everyone! It feels like a rollercoaster right now but it only takes one acceptance to get in. I'm watching this video to help me navigate the rollercoaster. 

Edited by PsychMocha

Does anyone know if UOttawa just started outright stating 'Refused' to applicants this year? 

The reason I ask is because I got a 'Waiting List' notification in March of 2020, but I heard they put everyone who didn't get accepted on a 'Waiting List' back then. So I assumed it was basically an outright rejection, and I never wound up reapplying. But maybe I was actually close to being accepted? If anyone got 'Refused' in 2020 with a rejection statement, please let me know :)

3 hours ago, Jamie1 said:

Does anyone know if UOttawa just started outright stating 'Refused' to applicants this year? 

The reason I ask is because I got a 'Waiting List' notification in March of 2020, but I heard they put everyone who didn't get accepted on a 'Waiting List' back then. So I assumed it was basically an outright rejection, and I never wound up reapplying. But maybe I was actually close to being accepted? If anyone got 'Refused' in 2020 with a rejection statement, please let me know :)

I know 3 people who got straight up "Refused" to UOttawa MEd this year. Not sure about last years applicants :) 

Hi everyone! 

Did anyone get an acceptance offer to UOttawa’s MEd in Counselling Psych? 

I saw that I was waitlisted on Feb 17th on the application portal but no further information. I guess it’s a waiting game but I was just curious about other peoples experiences! 

Best of luck everyone!!!