Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

11 hours ago, ManukaHoney said:

Has anyone heard anything from UofT MEd program? Do you know when they usually send out their decisions by?

Nothing as yet.  My sgs account still says 'submitted'.  From last years forum, it seems like they usually send out decisions by the first week of March

1 minute ago, TeeM2022 said:

Nothing as yet.  My sgs account still says 'submitted'.  From last years forum, it seems like they usually send out decisions by the first week of March

Oh thanks, getting inpatient here (as this is literally the only program I applied to this year). 

Just now, ManukaHoney said:

Oh thanks, getting inpatient here (as this is literally the only program I applied to this year). 

Just now, ManukaHoney said:

Do you mind sharing the forum from last year? I am just wondering what kind of applicants they usually accept as I have heard mixed things. 

On 1/19/2022 at 9:44 AM, TeeM2022 said:

Where does yours say submitted? Mine doesn’t show any status, it just says I’ll receive my decision on this page and I can motinor my status there. Are you talking about the bottom of the page on the right hand side above the checklist where it says application submitted and the date? Sorry I’m just new to sgs so i wanna make sure I’m not missing out on something

13 minutes ago, MHTherapy said:

Does anyone know the date for the formal interview for utsc clinical psychology program?

Their website says February 14-16. You should post clin psych-related questions on the Canada Clinical Psychology page though, as there may be more people there that have the answers to your questions! 

4 hours ago, MHTherapy said:

Where does yours say submitted? Mine doesn’t show any status, it just says I’ll receive my decision on this page and I can motinor my status there. Are you talking about the bottom of the page on the right hand side above the checklist where it says application submitted and the date? Sorry I’m just new to sgs so i wanna make sure I’m not missing out on something

No worries.  It's on the main page when you log in.  My looks like this:

image.thumb.png.15c86c40c7dce7f76b142d9d06894967.png

On 1/19/2022 at 6:44 AM, TeeM2022 said:

Last year UofT sent out decisions in late April/early May. We were told that finding out that late was unusual but due to COVID it took them longer to process all the applications

Anyone know if McGill is actually doing interviews this year? I remember last year on the website they said interviews would be optional, and now this year I don't see anything mentioning interviews as a part of the application process at all...

Hi Everyone ?

I need an opinion: what do you all think about the importance of the ranking of the school for your master's in Counselling?

Do you think it makes a big difference in your career if you go to a lesser known school?

Thanks and good luck this year!