Counselling Psychology Applicants 2022 CANADA

cofffeee

2 minutes ago, Jazzandcoffee said:

@optimisticfutureinpsyc This was for the MSc specializing in School and Applied Child Psychology for U of C. But maybe acceptance letter go out after??

Yeah I was reading through last years forums again and noticed UofC sent out offers on Feb 7, waiting is making me so anxious I want to start planning for the future already lol

4 minutes ago, applypsych said:

I just got an offer for the MSc in Counselling Psych at U of C. Unsure if I will accept the offer as I am waiting to hear from another program so if you are put on the waitlist, there is a chance my spot may open up within the next few weeks!

Did you find out via email or on the portal?

On 2/8/2022 at 2:54 PM, MHTherapy said:

Has anyone tried emailing Guelph or Western to find out when they’ll be sending interview invites? Last year around this time they had already sent them out. The waiting game is truly killing me right now ??

I emailed Western and they weren't helpful at all. Just said they typically contact applicants for interviews in February :( I also still haven't heard from Guelph, has anyone else?

38 minutes ago, PsycTherapy said:

I emailed Western and they weren't helpful at all. Just said they typically contact applicants for interviews in February :( I also still haven't heard from Guelph, has anyone else?

I emailed western too and they havent answered yet! Nothing from Guelph either. This is so painful

14 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

It is on the previous page of this thread. Name is “Jazzandcoffee” or something like that! 

Oh they’re talking about the MEd program from University of Lethbridge! Not OISE. I don’t think anybody has heard back from OISE as of yet.

Just now, MHTherapy said:

Oh they’re talking about the MEd program from University of Lethbridge! Not OISE. I don’t think anybody has heard back from OISE as of yet.

OHH really? My bad, haha! I thought OISE! 

That’s why I was surprised at first, from my understanding OISE takes really long. In last year’s thread they sent out decisions until May

4 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

OHH really? My bad, haha! I thought OISE! 

That’s why I was surprised at first, from my understanding OISE takes really long. In last year’s thread they sent out decisions until May

LOL no worries!! Yeah usually people have heard back by mid to late March but last year people heard back in may. Hopefully this year won’t be that long I don’t think I have the patience haha

hey guys! a small update for guelph's cft program:

someone reported on the results page that their webadvisor status changed to refused, no space, as of today. if that person is reading this: im so sorry your application didn't move forward, but you are resilient nonetheless and are destined to be someone impactful in this world!! also thank you so much for sharing the update!

if anyone wants to check out the results page themselves you can find it here: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/?per_page=20&q=&institution=University+of+Guelph&program=couple+and+family+therapy&degree=Masters

I guess it's safe to say interview invites will probably come out next week? nobody has reported an interview invite as of yet so i think its safe to assume they havent gotten to that yet. however, last year when i applied to the program, i had emailed Shauna on Feb 11th to find out if interview invites had gone out and she said that all interview invitations were sent out and that the rest of the emails will go out shortly (she meant rejection emails by other emails). I was officially rejected on webadvisor on the 19th. So I do find it kind of strange that people are getting straight up rejected before others have even heard back about interviews. this could mean that they might have had an exceptional amount of applications (which is a little scary to think about haha). anyways i hope we hear back soon!

Edited by MHTherapy